Waiting..

Sweeter Than Any Candy { twoshot }

Ahrin was patiently waiting for Myungsoo in the park. The weather was not that chilly but for Ahrin, it was enough for her to shiver. Despite the fact that she feels cold, she still decided to continue to wait for Myungsoo.

It's 8pm, Myungsoo should have arrived 2 hours ago but where is he? Ahrin looked at her present for Myungsoo which was placed on top of her thigh. Inside it was a pair of black Converse shoes that he has been wanting since forever and some assorted handmade pastries made by Ahrin. She knew that Myungsoo loved pastries so she decided to bake some for Myungsoo. Besides, Ahrin is really good at baking because she is in the baking club of her school and her mom teaches her how to cook certain treats and pastries.

She smiled to herself knowing how delighted Myungsoo will be once he opens Ahrin's present. She thought to herself, Maybe, this present will make his smiles more.. real?

She did not know the word but she knew that Myungsoo's smiles for the past few days were.. forced? Not like the usual smile he would show. Those natural smiles of Myungsoo were becoming to be more rare and rare for Ahrin to see.

Is it because Myungsoo and Ahrin are drifting away from each other? Is Myungsoo having some personal problems? If he has, wouldn't he tell Ahrin? 

Ahrin knew that Myungsoo was different whenever they were together but why won't she ask Myungsoo why he was like that? Because she was simply scared. Scared that he would tell her that he doesn't love her anymore, scared that he would break up, scared that she would have to forget about him; the man whom she loved for a long time.

She then looked at the sky while humming and listening to her favourite song, I'm In Love by Narsha.

 - - - - - 

"Myungsoo," Yejin cooed as she sat nearer to Myungsoo, "should I also paste this?"

Myungsoo looked at Yejin and thought for a moment. "Yeah," he bluntly answered. Yejin smiled wider as she nodded cutely which made Myungsoo's heart beat a little faster than usual.

Yejin then continued with her work while Myungsoo made some self reflection for some time.. 

Yejin was so close to him yet he did not move away. Why? Whenever Yejin does some adorable expressions, why does he always feel happy but at the same time there's some uneasiness here and there?

Yejin noticed Myungsoo staring into space so she poked his shoulder to wake him up from his reverie. Myungsoo instantly looked at her once again, "oh, I'm sorry for slacking."

"Do you want to take a break?" Yejin asked. Without Myungsoo's answer, she said, "I shouldn't let you have one but since it's your birthday, then I'll give you a chance!" Yejin stood up and took the pastries that they bought before they arrive.

Myungsoo insisted on buying some pastries when they passed by a pastry shop. Yejin obviously could not say no for an answer, it was his birthday and she has to maintain a good image in front of him. 

Myungsoo grinned at the sight of pastries and immediately took a random pastry.

"What drinks would you like with these pastries?"  "Anything." 

"How about orange juice?" "Sure."

Yejin stared at Myungsoo causing him to also stare at her. Yejin, now's the time. Yejin said to herself. They gazed at each other for quite some time. As seconds pass, Yejin's face begins to slowly move closer to the handsome face staring at her. And as expected, Yejin pecked Myungsoo's lips.

The two immediately blushed. Myungsoo began to eat the pastry he was holding while Yejin laughed awkwardly while heading to the kitchen.

We kissed. The two thought. Yejin was smiling like a fool just thinking about it while as for Myungsoo, he was just looking at the pastries in front of him. He didn't feel that happy compared to Yejin. He felt regretful but he didn't know why, his mind was blank. He decided ignored the feeling and continued eating.

 - - - - - 

Ahrin felt her heart suddenly pounding hard for a moment. She snapped out of her random thoughts and took out her phone. She dialed Myungsoo's number but there was no answer. She called him again and again but still no answer. Where is he? Why would he forget about our date? Ahrin asked herself.

She was close to crying. She tried her best to not cry, she did not want to cry here; in the park with people passing by. Besides, why would she cry? Myungsoo is just late. Scratch that. He's always late, but now, he was really late. Of all days, why today? Isn't he suppose to remember this? It's his birthday, we've been planning this date.. please don't tell me he forgotten about this.. 

Altough she did not want to believe it, she already know that he forgotten about the date. Was she really that unimportant to him?

 - - - - -

Walking aimlessly, a rather good-looking guy saw Ahrin sitting on a bench with a worried expression. Without second thoughts, he hurriedly walked to the bench where Ahrin is.

 - - - - -

Ahrin looked at her present for Myungsoo, again. She looked down so if she cries anytime, passers-by would not see her face. Suddenly, she noticed someone standing in front of her.

She quickly removed her earpiece and looked up.

"Myungsoo!"

But sadly, it wasn't Myungsoo. When she realised that it wasn't the one that she was expecting, that's when her tears fell uncontrollably. She really expected for Myungsoo, she thought that Myungsoo magically remembered their date after hours of waiting but he didn't.

 - - - - -

As Myungsoo munch on his chocolate beignet, he thought to himself, To be honest, Ahrin's pastries tastes better than this. If I can only eat Ahrin's pastries right now.. And right at that moment he remembered their date. Their date that should have started hours ago. He looked at his watch and his eyes widened. It was quarter to 9. The date was supposed to start at 6pm. He was really late.

Knowing Ahrin, he knew that she would still be waiting in the park. The half eaten beignet fell from Myungsoo's hands. Guiltiness overtook his body as he thought of Ahrin and the kiss just moments ago.

He got up, took his bag and walked out. He did not want to talk to Yejin. He was suddenly mad at Yejin for making him fall for her even if he shouldn't. He was taken, Ahrin has his heart but Yejin was trying to steal it. He knew that he just had a little crush on Yejin but obviously, he did not really love her.

Myungsoo knew that he only loves Ahrin, only her. But this Yejin made him forget about Ahrin for a moment there.  

Besides Yejin, he was also mad at himself. How can he allow this to happen? 

Myungsoo was brisk walking to the park.. he wanted to see Ahrin as soon as possible. He wanted to just apologise and hug her right now.

 - - - - -

As the man saw Ahrin crying, he also felt sad. "Ahrin," the man said, "what's wrong?"

"Why do you even care?" Ahrin mumbled between her sobs. "Because you're my dongsaeng's girlfriend."

"Your stupid dongsaeng!" Ahrin corrected the man, still looking down. 

"Look at me, Ahrin," the man softly spoke. Ahrin shook her head sideways. "No. Go away, Howon oppa!" He kneeled in front of her and looked at her. Ahrin tried to avoid eye contact but Howon held her face gently with both of his hands and made her face him. Howon wiped the tears streaming down her face with his thumb.

"Don't cry, please? Dongwoo and I will kill him tomorrow. I promise," Howon smiled reassuringly. Ahrin appreciated the fact that Howon was trying to cheer her up. She tried to stop crying.. for Howon.

"Let's go, you're going to have runny nose or worse if you stay here. Your face is so cold!" Howon scolded Ahrin playfully as he stood up. Ahrin chuckled and decided to follow her oppa.

"C'mon, I'll walk you home."

 - - - - -  

Myungsoo was in a hurry. Fortunately, Yejin's house was kind of near to the park. As he was reaching the park, he saw two familiar figures walking out the park. It was Ahrin and his hyung, Howon. The two of them were both chatting and smiling. But Ahrin's smile wasn't as big as Howon's smile. Seeing this, Myungsoo felt a little less jealous.

"Ahrin!" Myungsoo shouted which gained some unwanted attention but Myungsoo ignored the other people looking at him. Hearing that familiar voice, Ahrin and Howon looked at the direction where the shout was from. Once Ahrin and Myungsoo had eye contact, Ahrin looked away. She then walked away, leaving Howon standing there.

Myungsoo ran to Ahrin's direction but once he passed by Howon, Howon quickly stopped Myungsoo.

"Way to go, Myungsoo." "Hyung?!"

Howon chuckled at his dongsaeng and pushed him to Ahrin's way.

"Go get your girl."

 - - - - -  

As Ahrin was brisk walking, she put on her earpiece. She increased the volume of her iPod because she did not want to think of anything else. She just wanted to ignore her feelings and thoughts today.. just today.

"Ahrin! Ahrin!" Myungsoo continuously shouted while running. Soon, Myungsoo was just beside Ahrin.  "Look Ahrin, I'm really sorry." Ahrin could not hear Myungsoo because of the loud music but she knew that he was trying to tell her something.

She wanted to talk to him right now but something is stopping her. Myungsoo is here, already. She has been waiting for him for hours but why won't she talk to him when he was just beside her?

"Nae geokjeong malgo go away.. jipchak eobsi sarajyeo julge!" Ahrin sang loudly, loud enough for other people to hear. Ahrin kept on singing 2NE1's song, Go Away while Myungsoo was trying to make her talk to him.

Out of the blue, Myungsoo grasped Ahrin's wrist and made her face him.

"Ahrin," he started.

To be continued.