Library

Ona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6:  Library

 

A grown woman is on top of a five-year-old child. Her cold hands pressed on the child’s neck to end the life of the child. Tears fell from her eyes, not because she mourned the possible death of the child but because anger covered her heart. She curses the child! She hated the child.

“DIE! DIE! DIE!”

The child looks at the woman on top of her she knows her as her mother. She is wiggling her body until she can’t breathe anymore and dies. The woman knew she died but she did not stop choking the child, until…

 

“Mina! Mina! Wake up!” JiHyo shakes the person who seems to be choking in her sleep. Mina gasped for air and opened her eyes. She is catching her breath and is sweating. She looked around and her environment changed. She was no longer in that shabby room inside the brothel rather she was inside her fancy room.  “Are you okay?” JiHyo asked worried. “I think so,” Mina says hesitantly.  JiHyo clenches her jaw. She had known Mina all her life and she knew the reason for these nightmares. A glimpse of the past. “Shall we go for a walk after breakfast for fresh air?” JiHyo suggested. Mina nods with a scared expression on her face. JiHyo hugs her lightly whispering assuring words to her that she is fine. That her nightmare can’t hunt her anymore. Even if she does, Mina will not die. But is it death she is afraid of or the torment, the pain, having her own mother despise her?  Mna may be physically unbeatable, but she is emotionally damaged. She had never experienced happiness, hope, or even love.

 

 

***

“What are you doing here?” Sana looks up from her mountain of paperwork. She is glaring at the person who is leisurely sitting on one of her spare luxurious sofas. The person is munching some sort of dried meat. Yes, that person is also the reason why the second princess is burdened by this type of work. The Crown Princess looks at the Second Princess with admiration. “We have an official meeting, that is why I am here,” Momo says smiling.

Sana shakes her head; “There is nothing official on the way you are acting now,” She whispered but everyone in the room heard it. The Crown Princess smiled widely rather than getting angry with her sister. She loves teasing the younger princess so much. “Neh, Nayeonnie, please tell my lovely sister about this official meeting,” Momo stood up from the sofa and sat on Sana’s desk. Her behavior is very NOT official.

“Please pardon us, Sky Princess, the Crown Princess visited today to discuss the High Consort that you think could best suit her, I understand that it is not necessary, but please help me out here too, cause apparently this.. I mean the Crown Princess only listens to you,” Na Yeo explained. She had lost the hope to even spare a patient to Momo. The Crown Princess is nodding in every word that her attendant is saying like it is a VERY IMPORTANT matter.

Producing an heir is indeed important. Their mother is still young, and probably still has over 40 years of life ahead of her but when Momo takes her place, she might have 30 years max and Sana is the same age as her, so they truly need to start producing heirs if they wish to continue this succession and the prosperity of their Kingdom. That is what Sana is thinking. “I see, Jeong, can you please lay a map on the table,” Sana mentioned standing up from her desk. As soon as she walks away from the paperwork, Momo clings to her wrapping her arm around her younger sister. “Here it is Sky Princess,”

“So – we have a total of three high consorts in the Palace,” Sana spoke thinking. “But I am only able to consummate with 2 possibilities because you don’t like to share Consort Miyu,” Momo pouts. How ridiculous her sister could be? Sharing? It sounds absurd! “Even if there are possibilities if you refuse to do anything, nothing will happen, Your Highness,” NaYeo interjected in the conversation. “Even if the Sky Princess said consort Miyu belongs to her if she does not do anything as well. Nothing will happen, no heir, nothing,” Jeong nonchalantly commented. Their attendants know no boundaries. “Do you think we should have their tongues cut?” Sana asked mocking the attendants.

“I guess, it does not matter, Our Princesses can take all the time they want right?” It was Jeong who started to panic with the threat. “Well, if they can’t produce one, we can have a Prime Minister,” NaYeo is still serious. “That is actually not a bad idea,” Momo had a light bulb moment. Sana rolls her eyes. “Or not, a good idea ever,” Momo retracted her statement. “What is the map for?” Asked Nayeo to change the topic.

 

“I would like to see the Nation of Ona’s coverage, It is obvious that the Northern part of our country is indeed loyal to us because Aunt Suji rules it, The Bae influence extends to the West, and not to mention my birth mother is actually from there so I assume we do have their loyalty, East is where the C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter