More Than Just A Dream

More Than Just A Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soft guitar strumming can be heard echoing from the music room. Yujin, who just got chosen as the college band’s guitarist, can be seen strumming her guitar strings while waiting for her other bandmates.

She halts her movements when she hears soft and nearly silent footsteps entering the music room. The owner of the footsteps timidly looks around, and once she makes eye contact with Yujin, she softly mutters, “Hi there! Sorry to bother you. I’m Wonyoung, Jiwon’s friend. I was looking for her since I thought the band practice had started… but clearly, she’s not here, huh.”

Yujin tries her best to compose herself before answering the latter as calmly as she can, “Uh, yeah, the practice is supposed to start in 30 minutes. I’m just a bit nervous, so I came earlier. I’m Yujin, by the way,”

“Oh, I know. Ahn Yujin, right? Congrats on being the band’s guitarist! I think you’ll do well, Yujin.”

“T-thank you,” Yujin internally curses herself for letting out a stutter.

“Anyway, I’m gonna get going now. See you around, Yujin!” Wonyoung waves at her and gives her a charming smile before exiting the music room.

Yujin is left dumbfounded in the room, her heart pounding loudly after the encounter.

“Well, .”

Ever since her encounter with Wonyoung on her first day of being the band’s guitarist, she’s been secretly harboring a huge crush on the latter — which keeps on growing as time goes on. Technically, she’d had her eyes on the student council president ever since her first year. But with her poise and intelligence, she looks untouchable for someone like Yujin.

Even until her last year, with Wonyoung popping up so often at her band practices, she still thinks she’s never had a chance, especially with how close Wonyoung is with her “best friend,” Jiwon, who happens to be the band’s vocalist. To the point that she’s convinced that Wonyoung is interested in Jiwon romantically.

There are times that Yujin catches Wonyoung’s stares at her for a split second before the latter averts her gaze, but she shrugs it off and thinks it’s all in her head.

After the practice ends, the band’s drummer, Leeseo, approaches Yujin while mumbling mockingly, “At this point, you’re going to burn through Jiwon’s head with that deadly stare.”

“Shut up, kid,” Yujin said as she kept stealing glimpses of Wonyoung and Jiwon holding hands while exiting the room.

“When are you going to tell her about your feelings? It’s been almost three years, and you haven’t made a single move,”

A defeated Yujin let out a long sigh before answering, “You can tell that it’s useless to confess. I’m just gonna end up being rejected anyway.”

“Everyone here can tell that Wonyoung and Jiw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter