• CAN’T MARRY A GAME CHARACTER •

• PC BANG: maple's stories •
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mrs. Moon! Good to see you again!” A man took a seat at a green square table.

“Hi, Mr. Kim! We’ve missed you at last month’s committee meeting!” A woman who is already seated down, slots her drink into the cup holder compartment of the square table.

 

It’s the first Saturday of a new month and a group of homeowners has gathered inside a community center to hold their common monthly neighborhood meeting, and conduct their uncommon leisure group activity.

 

“Ah, yes! We went on a day trip with our daughter. We finally managed to drag her lazy out of the house.” Another woman joined the duo and sat opposite the man.

“Good for you, Mrs. Kim. Our daughter is obsessed with her computer game. I often hear her laughing like a maniac into a gaming mic when she talked about the game with her friends. I even joked that she can’t marry a gaming character.” Another man came over and took the last seat.

With the four seniors finally assembled, they are going to start playing mahjong together. The tiles were shuffled and distributed quickly before the players started to discard their unwanted tiles.

 

“Omo! Mr. Moon, my daughter is hooked on a computer game too! I’ve been trying to get her to go out and make more real life friends but she always ignores my words. So frustrating!”

“Pong!” “Mr. Kim, how about we arrange a gathering together with our daughters? Perhaps they would hit off well” with gaming as a common topic?”

“That sounds like a great idea, Mr. Moon! Let’s discuss about that more on katalk later!” “Chi!

The seniors ended their monthly gathering on high spirits as they prepare to introduce their own only-child to each other’s. 

 

 

 

“Yong! Have you eaten dinner?” Mrs. Kim opened a bedroom door to check in on her daughter.

“Omma! I cooked ramyeon!” An agitated girl is busy clicking away on her mouse. Her eyes continue to be glued to her monitor screen and she did not even turn around to greet the senior.

“Kim Yongsun! You better start reducing your gaming hours! We will have dinner with the Moon family from our neighborhood on Monday night. Together! You better be there instead of rushing home to play your game.” Mr. Kim who is now standing behind his wife, could not tolerate the rude behavior of his daughter who is already a young working adult.

The avid gamer finally turned her head to face her parents who are standing outside her bedroom door. “Okay, Appa. Monday night. Dinner. Got it.” Yongsun turned her head back to face her monitor screen and continued with her game. Her parents sighed and closed her bedroom door.

 

 

 

“Byul! What did you ordered for dinner?” Mr. Moon stood outside his daughter’s bedroom and knocked.

“Appa! I ordered fried chicken today!” His daughter shouted a reply. He could hear loud and fast typing sounds coming from a keyboard.

“Byulah! We’re having dinner with a Kim family from our neighborhood on Monday night! Do you want us to pick you up after your work ends?” Mrs. Moon shouted outside the bedroom.

“It’s okay, Omma! Just send me the address! I’ll rush over as soon as I end work!”

The Moon parents shook their he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter