home

One Shot, Two Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

The apartment had a fainting smell of mint. It was so subtle and, if it wasn't for the breeze coming through the window, it wouldn't be noticed from the front door. The same breeze carried distant urban sounds into the place and swayed the half-open curtains. The light, cream-colored fabric did little to block out the late afternoon light. Shadows gently danced on the floor at this, drawing abstract shapes on the fluffy rug where a white and orange cat napped. 

Ggomo had a paw over his eyes, bent at an angle only a cat could get. Half of his fluffy body lay over a foot of an aged blue slipper. It seemed like he was playing with said slippers before, as the other pair was left aside, a hair tie was also lying there near him.

On the couch next to him, amid pillows and a fluffy duvet, Solar was half lying-half sitting at an angle that only she could keep. Her spine was straight, as always, leaning back on the armrest, one leg stretched out on the sofa, the other bent supporting the Nintendo Switch on which she focused her attention. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun, her brows a little furrowed in concentration, glasses half drooping over the bridge of her nose. 

Butterflies woke up inside Wheein.

Solar looked comfortable, as much as a Sunday afternoon when you want to do nothing but enjoy the moment. Oh. Wait! It was a Sunday afternoon, and Wheein found herself wanting to do nothing but enjoy the moment.

Slowly, Wheein kicked off her shoes, her eyes never leaving the scene in the living room as butterflies fluttered inside her. She dropped her bag on the way, her steps gradually becoming more hurried, as if that few meters distance was endless. It was not. But it seemed as big as the ocean that separates South Korea from the United States.

Just like her plane two days ago, Wheein landed smoothly. Solar's body was already prepared to receive her, legs now stretched out like a landing strip, arms open to welcome her in a warm and gentle embrace. So natural, as if that hug was waiting for her arrival. It probably was, considering the smile on Solar's lips.

Said smile grew against Wheein's lips in the next second.

"Hey you," Solar said in a low tone. One hand rounded Wheein's waist, the other stills carefully holding the video game. That was new. A month ago, Solar wasn't a fan of video games, and now she wouldn't let go of that Switch for next to nothing. Another change that Wheein had noticed in the last two days, as well as, Ggomo now respected eating times and no longer scratched the couch. Little things made Wheein wonder how things could change in a month.

It seemed like a short time, but it felt like an eternity somehow. But Wheein was happy that many things didn't change. Like the still broken air fryer’s button, or the banana milk next to her beers in the fridge. Or like the brown eyes turned towards her. Soft and gentle, luminous, bright like sunlight. Her sunlight. Warm and energizing. Being under that gaze still felt like taking a sunny shower after a cold night.

So it was a little chilly when those eyes turned to the Switch again after another peck. Even so, Wheein had to suppress a smile when she saw Solar playing Zelda. Well, trying to play with just one hand. That little change was nice to see. Solar wouldn't admit it, but she was somewhat addicted to the game, committed to playing it well, somehow. It was cute. The way she concentrated, eyes fixed on the screen, the corner of her lips tugging here and there. A little absentminded lip bite sometimes. A slight huff. Then a frown.

It made Wheein want to smooth that frown and poke her chubby cheek, and kiss those plump lips. She sighed. Longing making her glued more to Solar, making her adjust their positions. Making Solar ful

Please log in to read the full chapter