wenrene - we'll celebrate and cross the time

sounds of our love
Please log in to read the full chapter

prompt from (self-prompt) - Wenrene + celebrate + actress wendy coming home to her lovely nerdy girlfriend

a/n: so yes, this is a self prompt bc i saw the parching art and GOTDAMN I GOT INSPIRED and i just HAD to write something bc the art was just so *chefs kiss* and i just wanted some intimate moments as well and couldn't help myself. probably not my best as usual bc im half awake and sleep deprived, but we are here now and we can all enjoy some wenrene so <3 please enjoy and show parching your love!

tags: tooth rotting fluff, romance, established relationship, actress wendy, engineer joohyun

 

Wendy opens the door to the apartment, shedding her coat and peeling off her stiletto heels. Her face is still full of set makeup because she lets her team go home early and in turn she gets to go home early to the things that matter most to her. She exchanges her heels for comfy blue fluffy slippers and leaves her persona at the door. 

“I’m home!” she announces as she rounds the corner with her purse and half eaten cake from the staff.

There’s no response and usually that would upset Seungwan, but she notices all the lights in the lavish apartment are off except Joohyun’s office. That means that Joohyun has been working just as diligently like Seungwan and she doesn’t get to spend her time lounging on the couch playing games to destress. 

Seungwan puts her cake on the kitchen counter with her purse and makes way to Joohyun’s office. Just as she suspects, she finds her girlfriend at her desk, except she’s asleep. Her chair leaned back with her weight and tilted against her shoulder in an uncomfortable position. Her heart yearns for the woman and Seungwan makes her way over. 

The desk is littered with notes and sketches and data sheets and the screen is blinking because of an angry CAD program that Joohyun has been working on for months. Her efforts are clearly shown through her exhausted state with the unwashed dish and empty teapot beside her desk. 

Despite all this, Joohyun looks like a dream. Her dark hair still soft with a bit of natural oil having not washed it in a few days, her skin still soft and supple despite not being moisturised, and her—all of her is still beautiful. And so lovely especially with her glasses awkwardly pressed against her face because she’s nestled against her shoulder. 

Seungwan leans in, unable to resist placing a gentle kiss on her cheek. Indeed her skin is still so so soft. 

Joohyun stirs from her slumber. Groaning with her cute high pitched sounds and stretching like a cat waking up. 

“Seungwan?” she murmurs sleepily as she rubs her eyes underneath her glasses. 

Seungwan smiles and hums. “Yes, my love, it’s me.” She reaches out to smooth Joohyun’s soft hair. She might be wrong, it must’ve been washed recently. 

“You’re home already?” Joohyun asks as she blinks her eyes awake. 

Seungwan feels her heart twist inside of

Please log in to read the full chapter