La Union

butterflies (you make my sugar high)

"Huy!" Biglang hampas ni Nine sa balikat ni Walter. "Malusaw 'yan kapag hindi mo pa tinantanan ng titig," asar nito sa kaibigan.

 

For some reason, Walter can't take her eyes off of her.

But the thing is, she's sooo used to seeing pretty girls that she doesn't even give a damn about them anymore.

She shouldn't be giving one right now and that's exactly why she cannot stop staring.

She's wondering, what's so different about this girl that she's so interested on getting to know her.

 

"You're already a lost cause, I guess." Nine giving up on her friend. "Kuya Jae, would you mind getting me another glass nung swipe right, I think?"

 

"How many drinks have you had na ba?" He turns to Walter, "hey, shortie, you want another glass too?"

 

Walter turns to Jaehyun with a pouty face, "yes, please!"

 

"What a pabebe," bulong ni Nine kaya naman hinampas ito ng kaibigan.

 

"I heard that, Nine Yizhuo."

 

"So, now that you can hear me. are you going to ask her out or are you just going to keep on staring like a weirdo?" Nine steals Walter's drink and starts sipping on it. "Ew, what the heck is this?" Nine grabs her water to wash the weird taste off .

 

Jaehyun stands up, "you two behave, understand?"

 

"Yes, cap!" The two says in unison.

 

But... as soon as Jaehyun's a few walks away, Walter stands up.

 

"I guess I'm going to ask for her number," she says. "My dad didn't raise no coward," she tells herself as she walks to their table.

 

 

 

 

"Hi, I'm going to call the police, just to let you guys know." Isla and her friends turn to look at the smaller woman beside them. They look at each other, confused.

 

"Is it because Isla stole your heart?" Rui checks if she was going to say something cheesy.

 

Yeji slaps her in the shoulder, "Rui, that's gross."

 

The smaller woman chuckles but shakes her head, "close, you're close but no." She denies and the four girls sigh in relief. "It's because you're friend freed all of the butterflies in my stomach. I believe that it's a crime to be alluring than the moon, don't you think so too?" She says as if Isla is the prettiest girl she's ever seen.

 

Rui covers , "damn bro." She's thrilled. "We should be besties so you could teach me some of your lines!" She feels like they could be good friends and that the stranger is actually giving off good vibes.

 

Yeji shakes her head, "Gia?"

 

Gia shruggs. Whatever she's seeing right now is interesting. And the stranger doesn't really give weird feelings so she's letting them be.

 

"Hand me your phone," Isla commands.

 

The smaller woman happily obliges and hands off her phone.

 

Isla opens the phone and sees the wallpaper, "you like the moon?" She asks as she wonders if the photo was downloaded from pinterest or google. It's from the cockpit and the moon looks unbelievably stunning.

 

The stranger nods, "I do, I even chase it sometimes."

 

Isla thinks if the smaller is too innocent because her phone doesn't even have a lock. She types in her phone number and saves it.

 

"That's my phone number, you can contact me anytime but I'm not a good texter." She sees the stranger giving Rui's phone back, It seems that her friend really has plans on befriending the stranger in front of them.

 

"Here," she gives the phone back. "But don't call me tonight. I'm here to hangout with my friends so I would appreciate it if you give us time to enjoy the night." She instructs and the smaller just nods like a cute puppy obeying its master.

Isla thinks that she's been busy with work lately and has been neglecting her friends so they decided to take some time off to relax and catch up. She's also not in the mood to flirt or whatnot tonight.

 

"Just in case, my name i--"

 

"Shortie, didn't I tell you to behave?" A tall man appears.

 

"He's hot," Gia whispers.

 

"Ladies, I apologize if she bothered you. She can be stubborn sometimes but I assure you that she's harmless. If you'll excuse us," the tall man eyes the shorter then leaves.

 

"Then, ladies. It's been a pleasure meeting all of you, enjoy the night." The smaller woman bows then follows the taller man to a different table.

 

"I wasn't bother them, I just asked for her number!" They heard the smaller defend herself.

 

"Baka kuya niya?" Rui suggests since parang may authority 'yung lalaki kung magsalita kanina.

 

"You could pass more as her sibling, you both look like puppies," Isla thinks her friend and the small stranger kind of does look similar since both of them are sporting short hairs.

 

Napanganga si Rui sa sinabi ng kaibigan, "hindi naman ako mukhang puppy!" Deny nito.

 

Yeji laughs, "yes, you don't" She agrees. "You look more like an askal," she teases which made the other two girls laugh.

 

Rui rolls her eyes, "kaya hindi ka crush ng crush mo eh, ang sama ng ugali mo."

 

Gia clears . "Anyway, it's a shame she couldn't tell us her name."

 

Isla realized that she didn't get the shortie's name.

 

Rui butts in, "I did, though?" She shows them her phone. "It's Walter Kim."

 

 

 

 

And that's how Isla met Capt. Walter.