Sealed Fate

Love Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun

Why is this happening to me? Why?! I mentally screamed in my head. I pound my pillow mercilessly.

I can't believe the wedding is two days later!

This must be Yonghwa's idea. I reasoned. He wants to punish me and so, move the wedding forward. Jerk!

"Seohyun, are you okay?" my mother's voice asked from the bedroom door.

"I'm okay! Great as I can be!" I cried out happily, hoping my mother wouldn't notice how fake it sound.

There was a short silence before, "Seohyun, if you don't want to marry Yonghwa... Your father and I understand. I don't you to force yourself to marry him if you don't like him." My mother quietly told me, her voice traveling from the door. "We would kill ourselves if you would do so."

"Mom..." I said quietly. "I... I want to marry him. I want to." I forced myself to say those words despite how repulsive they were.

"Seohyun..." My mother's voice was soft but I could still hear her. As well as all the love she had for me. I knew that without the Jungs, my father would not be able to go for the operation which was scheduled next week. I knew how much she loved me and my father and how she couldn't afford to lose the two of us.

I have to marry Yonghwa. I have to.

~~~

"Don't you look pretty." Mrs Jung cooed, looking at me.

"Thank you, Mrs Jung." I replied, keeping my head down. "Call me Mother." Mrs Jung suddenly snapped and I quickly answered, "Yes, Mrs---Mother."

"Good girl." Mrs Jung patted me on my head like a dog. I tried not to think about the fact that in two hours' time, I would be Yonghwa's legal wife.

"Of course, Mother. If not, why did you chose her?" Yonghwa suddenly cut in. I twirled around in surprise, I didn't know he had arrived.

"Yes, you looked like such a nice and understanding girl." Mrs Jung mused but Yonghwa laughed. "Stop pretending, Mother. You only wanted her to be your daughter-in-law because you knew she would listen to your every command. She would do anything you asked her to do."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter