Failed Confession

Changes of Hearts

Silence filled the room. 

 

No one dared to speak nor to make any movements.

 

Surprised of his act, Seohyun looked up on him who was smiling shyly to her, still on the same position. She looked around, everyone was staring at them with such a shock expression flashed on their faces including her best friend, Yoona. No one dared to move and obviously waiting for her reply, if she will ever accept it or not. 

 

She stood up, facing him directly. The smile that was on Kyuhyun's face slowly fading away, 

 

"Rooftop. Now." She whispered on his ear and went outside. She don't want this. She never knew why it should be turned out like this, she was always ignoring this kind of situation, but it seems that Fate really wants to play with her all around. 

 

Gasps were heard all around room after Kyuhyun followed Seohyun outside leaving the flowers on the floor which the other students keep fighting for because they want it.

 

Yoona was still shock on what had happened. Knowing Seohyun for many years since they were child, she knew that this was bad for her best friend. Though, she don't know what was the whole story behind of them, she need to support her and stood beside her everytime.

 

Seohyun stood behind the railings of the rooftop, inhaling the sweet scent of the wind that was passing through her body. The view was totally breath-taking as she stared on the Han River that was on the front of their school, the most beautiful creature that God had created. Looking up at the sky, she closed her eyes slowly and let the sunlight beamed onto her face. How she wish that those problems that she were facing right now will be vanished into the thin air right away and never come back to her again. The feeling was comfortable, until she felt the tears rolling down on her cheeks, she quickly wiped it off as she sense someone was staring at her. She looked at her back and saw Kyuhyun smiling at her bitterly.

 

"It seems that you love this place.." Kyuhyun said out of the blue while walking towards her direction, both hands are on his pocket.

 

Seohyun didn't make any movement and stayed silent while staring at him. 

 

No, Seohyun. You better stay away from him now. You promised yourself.  She thought to herself.

 

Kyuhyun looked at her while leaning on the railings. He smiled. "Seohyun-ah?"

 

That smile.. the one that I can't resist.. 

 

For a while, they stayed like that. Staring on each others eyes with desire.  

 

This is the time, Seohyun.. No one will ever hurt again. 

 

"K..Kyuhyun-shi." She stuttered making theirselves go back on the reality.

 

Relax, Seohyun. Relax. She reassured herself.

 

Kyuhyun was still looking at her intently, waiting for her to speak.

 

You can do it. You need to stay away.

 

Seohyun's P.O.V

"I.. I don't think this is a good idea." I said to him with my husky voice. I looked down, I don't want to see his reaction. I don't want to see him. I am afraid that I might take my words back.

 

I can feel his presence slowly walking to me. I stepped back, still facing the ground.

 

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice was low yet the soft tone of it remained. 

 

My gaze was still stuck on the ground, I bit my lips softly to calm down myself. I took a deep breath and gathered all my courage just to tell him my main priority.

 

"I'm so thankful to you for saving me about the incident last night, and feeling grateful at the same time that you helped me. I... I thought, I'm going to die that time." I smiled bitterly as I looked up at him. I caught him smiled on me.

 

*thump thump* I felt my heart was beating faster.

 

Not this time, please. I'm already tired.

 

"But.. can you just forget everything that happened between on us? I'm contented with my life, Kyuhyun-shi and.. I.. I don't need you.. I.. I mean, I don't need anyone.. Just, please.. forget.. it.. and everything.." I said with a sincere tone as I hid the hurt expression inside. I stared on his face. I want to hug him so badly right now even if it just for once.

 

He stayed quiet, and didn't uttered any word.

 

Escape now, Seohyun.

 

My stubborn mind tells me, but I even can't move it, it feels like numb.

 

I felt a strong grip that made my body clashed onto someone and that made my thoughhts disappeared as I saw Kyuhyun hugging me. This is the last wish that I want to get, to be hugged by someone you truly love. I let ourselves to remained on that position though I don't know what was happening on Kyuhyun.

 

Does he feel the same way towards me? I asked myself as my mind starting to think of random thoughts.

 

No, that can't be. That's impossible. No one will ever love me anymore nor adored by someone.

 

There were just two persons who loves me, and they are just Yoona and Mom. Only them. And I knew, it won't increased anymore.

 

Escape now, Seohyun. You don't like this right? You're already tired because of love. 

 

I shook my head. I need to escape. I need to forget everything. Ani, no, Kyuhyun needs to forget everything. He needs to. I don't want him to be hurt by me.

 

"K...Kyuhyun-shi.." I blurted softly, "This is really awkward" I said to myself.

 

Kyuhyun didn't say anything, he even tightened his hug. I closed my eyes as the crystal tears were forming on my eyes. "K...Kyuhyun-ah.." I said weakly,

 

Please don't make it harder for me..

 

End of the P.O.V

 

"I.. I'm sorry." He finally let go of the hug. He stared at her with such a hurt expression and gently shook his head.

 

"I'm sorry, Seohyun-ah. I can't. I can't forget everything." He said calmly, pretending not to be hurt.

 

I should tell her now before it's too late.

 

There was an awkward silence that was stuck between the both of them. He looked at her who was staring on the ground. He knows she won't like this. But he just can't stop his self for loving her. Yeah, everyone knows he's Cho Kyuhyun, the son of the owner who owns the biggest Corporation on the whole Korea. The guy that every girls wanted to be with until forever, adored by many people and adults. The guy that wasn't really interested on the stupid thing that they called Love. Yeah, he's a playboy and love to flirt with girls but he never took it as a serious situation. Because there is someone that deserves the spot on his heart, and that belongs to the girl standing in front of her.

 

"Do you trust me, Seohyun?" He asked her, his voice was hoarse sounding like he was hurting by her words.

 

The girl looked up on him with a confused face and slowly nodded her head.

 

Kyuhyun caught her hands into his making her shock of his sudden action. He don't care of what Seohyun might think of him. The important thing right now are his feelings.

 

"What if I told you that... I like you. Will you believe me?" He looked at their hands and looked back at her which who was simply shock of his statement.

 

I am dreaming right? This isn't real. It can't be! Seohyun thought to herself.

 

She quickly took her hand away from his grip and flashed a fake smile. "I'm sorry, Kyuhyun-shi. I'm really not into your jokes. I need to go now. Thank you again." She bowed slightly.

 

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

Bam! Did she really think that I am just joking? That hurts.. my heart..

 

"Seohyun-ah." I called her name as I suddenly grabbed her arm, making her stopped from her tracks.

 

She didn't bother to looked at me. She remained on that position, her back facing me.

 

"I'm not joking.. I'm serious with this. I realized.. its not like.. but. love.." I said in a soft tone, and sincerity showed on my voice.

 

With that statement, she looked at me. I saw the tears welling up on her eyes. Did I hurt her that much? I didn't do anything. I just confessed my love to her, because I can't stop myself.

 

"Kyuhyun-shi.. I'm sorry. But.. but.. I don't feel the same way." She said as she looked at me with narrow and an apologetic eyes. 

 

I felt that my world crashed and so as my heart. I smiled bitterly. Guilt is what I am feeling right now. I shouldn't tell her. I shouldn't!

 

"Ah... is that so.." I was speechles and I lost my words. It was just so ing hurt!

 

"Can I have a favor?" She said. And I just nodded and gave her my saddest smile, I wasn't really onto my actions this time. 

 

"Stay away from me." 

 

After I heard that, I immediately went back on the reality. But I'm already too late, she was gone.

 

I'm not going to give up, Seohyun. And a smile crept out on my lips.

 

----

A/N: Hello to my beloved readers! Thank you for the comments though only one had commented on the previous chapter. LOL :) I'm hoping that you guys will drop a comment and suggestion is allowed anyway. :D I'm going to update soon. ^^ And I'm sorry if this chapter is kinda sad and heart-breaking. I just really love angst stories. Kk :)