Because It's a Dream

Because It's a Dream

 

Because it's a dream, is it okay if I kiss you? Because it's a dream, is it alright if I hug you just a little longer? Because it's a dream, is it alright if you stay?


She closed her eyes hoping that she will once again fall into the deep slumber she was once in just a minute ago. To go back to the sweet, sweet dreamland where everything is perfect and beautiful, where she could not get hurt because pain does not exist, and everything she want will be at her fingertip. But she knew it wouldn't be so easy, and so she roll out of bed and make her way the dresser.


She quickly through on a pair of jeans, plain tee-shirt, and without bothering to brush her hair, she proceed to the kitchen. For the past few weeks, it was like she has no spirit at all, simply a moving body, floating about.


Her members has notice this as well but decided not to approach her, at first ruling that she needed time to move on, to get it out of her system. But when a week past and She still act the same way, they grew concern. Hyoyeon is a strong hearted girl, stronger than anyone they knew, but when tears didn't shed, they fear she has fallen into a deep depression.


They quickly group together, hoping to find a solution and help her, but she denied feeling sad, and for a few days, she put on a smile, trying to ease her members but they knew too well that it was not a sincere whole hearted smile but allow it to past for another week.


When Hyoyeon step into the kitchen, Taeyeon greeted her brightly. She gave a nod and sat down. Taeyeon pushes a bowl of cereal in front of her and pour milk into it. Hyoyeon grab a spoon and became eating without objection. Rather than tasting the food, she just chew and swallow.


Taeyeon knew well that she not was fully tasting the food but it was better then her starving herself, refusing to eat a few weeks ago. At least she will have energy instead of fainting in random places like she has been.


"How are you feeling today?" Taeyeon took a seat directly in front of her.


"Fine." Hyoyeon replied, she continue to shovel the flavorless cereal into . She assume it had taste great in one point, but lately, it seems that everything she ate all taste the same.


"Hyoyeonah..." Taeyeon began, she hated this part but she's the leader and she must do it. "The girls and I think that maybe it's best that we...you..talk about it."


"Talk about what?" Hyoyeon played dumb.


"You know what I'm talking about Hyoyeonah....It's not healthy for you to go on like this."


"I'm fine. Really. I am." Hyoyeon drop the spoon. "I'm eating, I'm sleeping, I'm doing everything I should be doing aren't I?"


"Yes, but-"


"Then there shouldn't be a problem." Hyoyeon got up from her chair and went back to her room.


That night, the girls surrounded her and drag her out of her room, taking her to the living room and pinning her down.


"What are you guys doing?!"


"Hyoyeonah! You need to listen! We are trying to help you!" Sooyoung yelled.


"I don't need your help!" Hyoyeon yelled back."Let me go!"


"Okay could everyone just calm down?" Tiffany demand. "Sooyoung I think it's best we don't yell at her. At least not just yet."


Sooyoung crossed her arm but sat down without a peep.


"Hyoyeonah, we know that it's hard for you, and trust us, we know how you feel. But if you keep on hiding your feelings like this, you are never going to move on, and you'll keep hurting." Tiffany said.


"I'm not hurting...I'm not hiding anything either."


"Really? Then why have you not shed a single tear?" Jessica ask, she did not mean it harshly but she said it with much compassion. "Really, since it happen, you have not said a word about it."


"I had nothing to say about it." Hyoyeon kept her head down.


"Unnie....but you must have something to say about it!" Seohyun pressed. "You...Unnie..you scream in your sleep....you kick...you scream..you cried..."


Hyoyeon look up at her in alarm but immediately composes herself and said nothing.


"There were times that you cried so much that you were trembling and we all had to come in to help sooth you back to sleep....." Seohyun didn't dare finish the sentence.


Hyoyeon stood up but Yuri grab her hand. "I know you must hate him for leaving you like this but you have to forgive him."


Hyoyeon gathered all her strength and broke free from the circle and ran back into her room, locking it this time to make sure she kept them out.


She hurried to her desk and pop a few sleeping pills before positioning herself in bed.


"Go to sleep...go to sleep...go to sleep..." A single tear drip from her eye.


"Hyoyeonah...." A familiar voice came from a field of yellow daisies. She smiled and make her way into the field until she found him laying in the middle. She quickly lay down next to him, her eyes still glued on him.


His eyes remind closed but his mouth twisted into a grin, he offer his free arm as her head rest while the other remind under his head.


The light breeze blow through their hair as they lay there.


"Oppa, I miss you." She whispered.


"I miss you too Hyoraengi." He lower his head to kiss her forehead.


"If you do, do you think you could stay a little longer this time?"


"I could stay as long as you like, you know that."


"Really?"


"Really."


"How?"


"Ah...that is the hard part isn't it?"


"I don't care how difficult it is, as long as you remain here with me."

"Then you would have to be asleep forever." He said softly. "It would be quite lonely."


Hyoyeon sat up. "It won't! I'll have you."


He remained where he was, but he frown. "What about your girls? Your family? Won't you miss them? I know they would miss you terribly."


"That...I could give it up. I really miss you..I only need you...."


He stood up. "That's quite selfish of you Hyoyeonah."


"I know...."


He took her hand and led her to a tree that seems to appear out of thin air while the field of yellow flowers disappear. But it was not strange, it didn't take her by surprise, this is her dream.


"Would you really stay here with me, even if it's not real?" He stood now face to face with her, both her hands in his.


"Yes." She replied. "I want to keep you close."


"I am always with you Hyo, but not this way. You have to let go."


"What if I can't?"


He smiled. "Hyoyeon, you could do anything that you put your heart into! You could make anything happen! You make me fall in love with you after all!"


"It's hard. I don't know what to do without you...." Tears flow down her cheeks.


He whipped them away. "You would still have your girls to support you. And if you really need me, I would always be here.." He place his hand on her heart. "I would always be in there."


"You promise?"


"Promise." He held out his pinky and she connect it with hers.


She threw her arm around him, taking in his senses. "I'll miss you. Wait for me...."


"Forever..." HIs voice drifted away.


The next morning, she roll out of bed, this time however with more energy than before. She look in the mirror, there were more colors on her cheek this morning.


She showered and put on her simple white dress and she left the dorm.


With yellow daisies in her hand, she proceed to a tombstone that read:


Lee Hyukjae

Beloved son and friend.

April 4 1986- December 2011


She laid the flowers down and stood there. For a while, she remind silent.


"Oppa...." She began after a long listen. The girls remind watching her from a distant.


"Oppa..." She began again. "Do you know? I've been avoiding this place for a while now...." She gave a little laugh between tears that is now flowing. "Are you mad? I'm sorry. But now I think I have a little more courage to face you."


"Do you remember when we first met? You were so shy and you were so polite even though I was younger than you.


But the thing was, I've always had a little crush on you.....but I never said it because I was afraid that you wouldn't feel the same way.....


Do you know how happy i was when you confess?...."


Hyoyeon whipped away her tears and grin a little.


"The time I spent with you I would always treasure it.


And..I want to tell you that I didn't mean what I said that night.....I was upset....at you...at myself....at the world.....You know that I am sincere right?"


Hyoyeon kneel down.


"I hate you oppa! I really really hate you!"


The girls became alarm by Hyoyeon's scream but remained where they were except for Seohyun and Yoona who both took a step forward before the other stop them.


"I think she need to let it out." Taeyeon instructed.


Seohyun and Yoona stood still.


Seohyun's face did not erase her concern for her Unnie, Tiffany pat her back reassuringly. "It's alright. She'll be alright."


"Oppa....I hate you...." Hyoyeon no longer could hold back her tears, allow it to run freely. "Why didn't you give me a chance to apologize? Why didn't you wait for me to see you one last time? Why.....Why didn't you wait to tell me that you forgive me?.....Why oppa?!


Why didn't you wait for me to say 'I love you' one more time?....."


She hated this bittersweet feeling, she wanted to tell him so much that she love him but didn't have a chance to. She hated herself for being upset at him, for not giving him a chance to explain why he didn't show up for their anniversary dinner. And when she calm herself down enough, she went to look for him only to find out that he was involved in a fatal car accident.


"I love you Oppa...I really do......I wanted to tell you that it was alright...that I wasn't mad at you anymore...."


But now that she said what she needed to say, she felt this heavy stone lifted off her chest, she felt like she could breath again.


Taking cue from the silence, the girls made their way to Hyoyeon to give her support.


For a while, they said nothing as they all huddled up around Hyoyeon.


"Oppa, I promise that I will stay strong. I promise that I won't let you go. I promise to love you forever, to live my life like you would have wanted me to..." She whispered.


The girls help her up and they walk hand in hand back to their car. Everything were much brighter now.


"I forgive you. I'll always look after you Hyoraengi....I love you, always." A soft whisper carried in the wind.


The End~1

Yes yes, i no it's sad......im sorry.....i was feeling a bit sad when i wrote this......shall i write a happier hyohyuk?