Regretting Life

Oh Se Hun's Private Property

Jin Ae woke up groggily with her limbs sprawled in every direction on top of the most comfortable mattress she’d ever slept on. One hand clutched a velvet pillow while the other had the corner of a silk blanket in a death grip.

 

I’m going to marry this bed, she thought contently as she rolled over on her stomach, loudly shuffling around for a few moments before letting out a sigh of happiness. Her body sunk into the mattress once again.

 

She opened one eye to look at the clock sitting on her nightstand, but instead of seeing a rickety old wooden bedside table, she was met with a lavish mahogany night stand with intricate designs carefully carved into the surface of the wood. On top of it was an expensive looking miniature version of a grandfather clock that told her ‘WAKE UP FOOL, ITS 11 O’CLOCK.’

 

“,” Jin Ae yelled as she shot up from the bed, eyes wide as she continued to stare at the time on the clock. She jumped off the bed and as her feet hit the soft material of the rug under her feet, yesterday’s mortifying events came rushing back to her. She scrambled around the unfamiliar bedroom in full panic mode. “You have got to be kidding me!”

 

She was about to rip the door of the bedroom open when she suddenly remembered she was in the enemy’s territory. She froze with her hand on the doorknob, and listened for any sounds of approaching footsteps.

 

She’d have to be careful getting out of this place. Forget the ladder. She didn’t know what kind of people lurked here, or where exactly the direction of the exit was.

 

Carefully, she slowly pushed the door open and stuck her head out. It turned out the room she was in was the last room located at the end of the hall, meaning the only way out was to turn right. She silently tiptoed her way out before dashing down the long corridor with both speed and agility. She passed by countless wall-sized windows and picture frames as she ran, and it was clear that outside was a bright and sunny day, which made it harder for her to get away unseen.

 

The corridor eventually opened up to a huge room, presumably the living room, and Jin Ae immediately halted when she heard multiple voices shouting over each other.

 

“DAMMIT JONGIN, STOP IT! DON’T YOU DARE AIM THAT ROCKET AT ME!”

 

“THAT’S WHAT YOU GET FOR BLASTING ME WITH YOUR CRYSTAL, LOSER.”

 

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT I HAD TEN PEACHES AND YOU WERE IN FIRST PLACE. THE CRYSTAL ALWAYS HITS FIRST PLACE.”

 

“THE BOOSTER, CHAN YEOL! THE BOOSTER! GET THE ING BOOSTER!”

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Jin Ae winced at the shriek. Carefully, she peeked around the corner of the wall, only to count one, two, three… twelve heads scattered around the luxurious living room!

 

She gulped and flattened herself against the wall. . Okay, time for Plan B.

 

Just kidding, there was no plan B.

 

“SCREW YOU GUYS!!” she yelled, cackling insanely as she ran at full speed across the living room, passing by several shocked and startled faces, all of which she would have laughed hysterically at if she wasn’t the one trying to save her own life.

 

The music from whatever game they were playing made her feel invincible as she ran out of the living room, having made it to the next hallway where she located the front door at the end of it. Once her hands were in reach of the brass handle, she threw it open, hearing it hit the wall behind it with a resounding crack before she darted outside. As soon as she was outside, her laughing slowly turned into crying as she sprinted towards her own property.

 

“Appa! Appa!” Jin Ae shrieked continuously as she threw open her own front door.

 

She found her dad standing in the kitchen with an apron on, flipping pancakes as he whistled to Holding Back the Tears by TVXQ.

 

“WE NEED TO MOVE HOUSES,” she yelled, immediately yanking the spatula he was holding out of his hands and throwing it into one of the nearby empty boxes sitting in hallway. “WE CAN’T LIVE HERE ANYMORE.”

 

He merely laughed, completely not understanding what kind of dire situation his daughter was in. “What are you talking about? We just moved here! And we’re having dinner with our next door neighbours tonight! I forgot to tell you.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Jin Ae almost had a heart attack right then and there.

 


 

(I apologize for my lack of updates D: I have no excuse. On the bright side, I have the next chapter in progress already! :) I really appreciate everyone who's still with me on this fic, from the bottom of my heart!)