Prologue

Chasing The Dragon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Kingdom was peaceful as everyone gathered together, enjoying a mid autumn festival together. The place was raging with conversation and singing. Lanterns lit their large courtyard, and dozens of tables were set up, decorated in flowers and ribbon. It was a magnificent sight to see. 

A table larger than the others sat at the entrance to the courtyard, sitting a beautiful couple with their two children. They were dressed in extravagant robes of emerald green and ruby red, with crowns of roses atop of each of their heads.  This was the royal family of the Elven Kingdom. The queen and king had a set of twins named Zitao and Ziting. They were the Elven Kingdom’s pride and joy. 

Zitao, the young prince, sat tall and proud as he took a bite from his plate, talking enthusiastically with his sister. They were only the age of six, but they held themselves like they were 10. They had amazing manners and always obeyed their parents no matter what. Zitao was very serious about his position in the kingdom, and would never do anything to disappoint his parents. 

Loud horns were heard, alarming the whole group of people. The King dropped his spoon and stood up as two guards came rushing in, bowing in front of him. “Sire! There was a breach! Someone has entered, and we haven’t been able to identify the source,” the man said, slightly out of breath. The King frowned and looked around. 

“Everyone, head into the castle and take shelter. Men, I need you to come with me,” the King said, causing everyone to start freaking out and rushing around. 

“Father,” Zitao said, trying to get his father’s attention while chaos took over the courtyard. 

“It will be okay, Son,” his father said, taking a hold of Zitao’s hands. “Please, take care of your mother and sister, okay?”

“B-but,” Zitao said, causing his father to shake his head. Zitao puffed out his cheeks and looked at his mother. 

“Let’s go, Zitao,” his mother said, taking his hand and his sister’s hand, leading them towards the castle with the rest of the crowd. 

“What’s going on?” Ziting asked, looking around with wide eyes. 

“We don’t know yet,” their mother said. “C’mon, keep up with me.”

“Wait!” Ziting cried out, letting go of her mother’s hand. “I forgot something.”

“Ziting! No!” the queen cried out, but the girl had already turned and slipped between the people all running around.

“Mom!” Zitao cried out, causing his mother to shake her head. 

“Get inside and hide,” his mother said, causing Zitao to frown. “I’ll be back.”

Zitao watched as she ran off after his sister, getting shuffled inside with the people of his Kingdom.

“Mom!”

 

༻✧༺

 

Everyone gathered inside the castle together, standing inside the throne room. Zitao paced in front of his parent’s thrones, pushing away anyone who tried to talk to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter