Chapter 1: My Cat

You've Fallen For Me

 

Nabi has always been a hopeless romantic and she has always hoped to find her soulmate, but the problem wasn’t searching for someone. She was the real problem. Her expectations were too high and complicated for anyone to understand or maybe it’s because she was afraid to be with someone not meeting her expectations, whatever the reason was , she has never had a boyfriend. Painful, right?

 Well yes, she did like being a single independent woman who likes doing fun stuff without depending on someone else, but there’s days like these where she desires to be with someone. Someone she can cuddle with, to hold hands with, to have deep conversion late at night or to go on adventures together and today was one of those days. Nabi comes home exhausted from work, all she wanted to do was lay on the bed and watch her favorite Korean drama show while eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

She started crying seeing how there was a cute couple holding hands walking along a park late at night about to confess their feelings.

 “Gosh why can’t this be me!” She says to herself with a mouth full of ice cream crying at the tv that was in front of her. “When will it be my turn?” 

Her cat Hwa comes jumping on the bed and starts purring as he leans in closer to her face trying to comfort her. Nabi smiles seeing how the little fellow was reminding her that she wasn't alone, she least had him to cuddle with and to take care of. 

“You’re right~ I can be a happy single cat lady if I have you.”She says, rubbing her nose and eyes on the sleeve of her shirt, whipping the snot and tears from her face. She then wraps her arms around her cat Hwa, holding him tightly as she brushes her cheek against his face making him purr. 

Nabi didn’t realize she fell into a deep sleep and her cute black cat Hwa was lying beside her, all cuddled up on the bed. Even though he was a cat to her,  Nabi was everything to him because thanks to her, he was still alive from all the danger. If it wasn’t for that rainy night out in the street, he would’ve probably died. All he wished for his owner was happiness. He only wishes to be human just to make Nabi happy, but only in his cat dreams that would possibly happen or so he thought. 

Until a sudden glow causes the cat to hiss in fear. His body was changing drastically he couldn’t comprehend what was going on and the next thing he knew, he had become a dark-haired human, with lean and angular facial features, his jawline was sharp just like his dark brown eyes with prominent cheekbones. His lips were thin, with a faint pout that only made them all more compelling. His body was naturally muscular and big. 

A small gasp escapes from his lips “W-what in the world happened to me?”  He thought to himself as he looked down to see his hands feeling a bit strange and confused. His heart was beating fast with excitement and fear. He couldn't believe he was a human… Hwa looked over to Nabi  seeing the sleeping figure still laying on bed not knowing what just had happened. His eyes softened as he stared at her. He came closer to her and used his hand to touch her face gently. A light  smile appeared as he could feel the warmth of her soft skin. 

In her sleep, Nabi felt a sudden hand brushing gently against her face which caused her to wake up slowly. She quickly glanced over, her vision was blurry and all she could see was a male figure in front of her face. She first thought  it might’ve been her younger brother, Wooyoung but… why would her brother be here at her apartment this early in the morning just to wake her up? 

“Huh?” She adjusted her eyes by rubbing them against the back of her hands as she lifted herself up into a sitting position, once fully awakened she realized it wasn’t her brother but a strange man fully in front of her. She screams out loud as she backs away from him, causing her to fall off from bed to the floor landing on her back but quickly gets up and grabs whatever was in sight. A pillow. It was for protection. 

Closing her eyes she says with a fearful voice “Who are you? And what are you doing here in my apartment! I’m gonna call the cops on you! You- you ert!” 

Hwa backs away not expecting this reaction. He was hoping once she’d wake up from her sleep, she would be happy to see the cat she loves and cared for turn into a human. He could see the fear from Nabi’s face as she held the pillow for protection. His eyes narrowed as he looked quite annoyed, however he didn’t approach Nabi. He stayed put on bed, still as eyes were filled with disappointment and lips slightly curled upwards.

With a calming voice “Nabi, Please calm down. It’s me! I don’t want to hurt you, however you need to hear me out… we need to talk.” Hwa says. 

Nabi peeks and asks “Talk about what? Huh? How you're in front of me and you intrude into my apartment?” She was still holding the pillow in front  of her as she was panicking in fear. 

Hwa lets out a sigh trying to figure how to get Nabi to understand that he wasn’t going to hurt her. He shook his head and a smirk appeared on his face as he laughed quietly. He comes closer, leaning forward to her as he takes the pillow from her face and throws it down on the floor making sure Nabi notices him. 

“Oh, no, I'm here to claim you as mine.~” 

Nabi looks into his cat eyes, and all she can think of is " This must be a dream… yeah a weird fantasy dream where a really handsome, good looking man with good features just appears out of nowhere and claims her to be his. Oh! But he's a ert.”