Home

Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

_Unnie do you remember I said I was cold and you hugged me instead of turning on the electric pad? That's why I don't turn on the heater even in midwinter, thinking of that memory keeps me warm_

 

Moonbyul's first impression of Jung Wheein was that she acted like a cat.

She was such a tiny girl and she seemed to want to occupy the least space she could in whatever room she was in. She was young and reserved but Byul had heard her sing and she had seen her dance. The girl was so talented she could put many affirmed idols to shame.

So when she was chosen as the leader of their group she promised herself that she would take care of the maknae. If there was one thing Byul knew well it was how to be a big sister.

She approached her after practice, feeling a bit shy but still wanting to do her best to take care of and get to know the younger girl.

"Hi, Wheein-ssi? I was wondering if you'd like to go eat something together?"

The younger girl looked at her with an unreadable expression. Almost studying her, while she thought of her answer.

"I'm sorry... I have to go home" She said in a polite tone, an almost guarded expression on her young face.

"Oh... It's okay.” Byul tried to shrug it off like it was nothing. “Maybe another time"

The whole exchange left her feeling a little embarrassed but she didn't take it too personally. She probably had something to do after practice. So she just said her goodbyes and decided to go on her own.

She didn't think anything of it until she took her order and went to sit at a table. Her eyes meeting Wheein's across the room.

Oh. I guess she wasn't busy after all.

Wheein appeared frozen. Like a cat that got spooked and was about to run. Then she just sat down at another table like nothing happened.

Cute, Byul thought.

~~~

Wheein felt really embarrassed.

It wasn’t like she didn't like the older trainee. In fact she thought that Byul was a really nice and reliable unnie. The braces even looked cute on her. It wasn't her fault that she was just incredibly shy.

Wheein biggest struggle was getting to know people. The first stage of starting a relationship of any kind was honestly terrifying. There was a reason why only one person really managed to break through her walls and she stuck to her from then til now.
Her best friend Hyejin was someone special though. There was no one else like her so Wheein was sure that she would just spend her life with only her by her side as a real friend.

When they met again after the cafe incident, Wheein was sure that the older girl would just stop trying with her.

She was wrong.

"Hi Wheein ssi.” Byul asked with a warm and kind voice “Are you ready for practice ?"

She looked up at her from her sitting position on the floor. Wheein felt a sudden warmth inside her chest. She was probably blushing a little but she hoped that the light of the practice room would be able to hide it from the other girl's sight.

"Oh… mmh yeah… what about you mmh-" She stammered.

"You can call me unnie! It's okay.” Byul said, still smiling, “No need for formalities. We are in the same boat, we should try to help each other out. If you want to, I mean.. ?"

Byul's smile was small but kind and comforting. Wheein felt drawn to it, drawn to her, but her traitorous brain still tried to convince her that the other girl couldn't possibly be interested in getting to know her and was just trying to be polite.

Not wanting to l

Please log in to read the full chapter