Curious Shindong

Sneaky

 

 

The brownie had been on that plate for two days now. Two days Shindong had been anticipating that brownie. However it was not his to eat.

Why isn’t anyone eating that brownie? It’s just there left uneaten. I don’t understand.

Without too much more thinking, Shindong took the brownie and threw it at Ryeowook who just entered the room.

                “AY Ryeowook! It’s so good to see you!”

Ryeowook didn’t look too happy.

                “I’m going out again Shindong. Can’t you see I’m in my finest outfit?”

                “What? Where are you going?” asked Shindong as he dropped his happy attitude.

                “I have a date. Didn’t you hear?”

Of course Shindong had heard about it. That was all he heard about for the last week. However Shindong was hoping that at least someone would be home to watch a movie with him.

                “Is everyone out tonight then?”

                “Yes.”

Ryeowook was still brushing his jacket off from the brownie impact.

                “You should go out more often. This place is really doing something to you.”

Shindong looked confused.

                “Doing things?”

                “You threw the brownie at me instead of eating it. That’s definitely not like you.” Ryeowook gave a good look at Shindong. “Maybe you should get yourself a lucky guy. I’m sure you’ll find someone.”

Shindong hadn’t ever really given the whole dating thing much thought. It was not like anyone was ever attracted to him. Thinking the whole topic was stupid, he focused on what his night plans were.

                “Well I’ll be in my room watching a movie.” Shindong walked off leaving Ryeowook to do whatever it was that he needed to do.

Shindong was not even going to bother with going out after his bad experience of abandonment last week. He enjoyed being by himself on a Friday night with a lovely bad of crisps. However as Ryeowook pointed out, Shindong was eating as much food as usual. The bag of crisps would not be joining him tonight.

 

 

The next morning Shindong woke as he fell out of bed. Trying to ignore the hit to his head, he rolled over in an attempt to fall back asleep. It was obviously not time to get up. Donghae thought otherwise.

Shindong refused to get up and open the door for his friend who continued to knock.

                “Shindong. Get up! Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun made breakfast and everything. It looks pretty good.”

Shindong sat up. The pain in his head getting worse.

                “It’s open Donghae.” He said half asleep.

Donghae rushed looking excited. He was confused as to why Shindong was sitting on the floor in all his blankets.

                “What happened to you?”

                “I fell out of bed and tried to get some sleep for once.”

                “Now since when did Shindong think sleep was more important than a lovely breakfast that his friends made? Am I right?”

Shindong smiled as he looked up at Donghae. He suddenly thought of weird things as he wondered what Hae’s love life was like. What Ryeowook said last night was really giving him some thoughts. He pushed them aside and got up. Donghae was right. How could Shindong prioritise sleep over delicious food?

 

Shindong was finding breakfast time to be quite frustrating. Everyone was discussing their nights out or their love life. Both things Shindong didn’t get to enjoy.

                “So Shindong, what did you get up to?” asked Siwon before taking a bite of his ultimate health cereal. There was no way he was going to eat the food that Eunhyuk made. It was not good for his hot, attractive figure that took hours of working out to maintain.

                “Stayed at home. I just wanted to get some rest after a busy week.” Shindong said without looking at Siwon. He was finding it uncomfortable to talk to him whilst he was just eating his breakfast in his underwear.

                Why couldn’t he just wear clothes for once? Show off…

                “Well I guess that’s good. So are coming out tonight then?”

Shindong didn’t even have to think about it. If he went out with Siwon, he would just be surrounded by y masculine guys. That was definitely not a way of boosting his self-esteem.

                “I think I’ll just stay at home again.”

                “Suit yourself.”

No one took any more notice of Shindong as they all went back to their friendly conversations.

                Look at them all. Sitting there and talking about hot dates as if they happened every other night. I can happy on my own. I have lots of fun. Fun for Shindong!

 

 

The day seemed to go slow and Shindong was getting bored. His curiosity got the better of him and he wandered into Ryeowooks’ room. He wanted to find out exactly what made this guy so attractive to other guys. Was it his clothes? His make-up?

He sat down on his bed and looked around. He sure was a vain kind of guy. Posters of himself were just all he could look at. He focused his attention on his wardrobe and stared at all of the clothes. Ryeowook sure had a fruity collection of items. He was particularly attracted to a pair of red sparkly pants. Even though they were many sizes to small, Shindong decided to try them on anyway.

Surprisingly they seemed to fit even if they were extremely tight. He just couldn’t do up the buttons. His reflection in the mirror caught his attention as he looked at how this new red was looking on him.

                I have quite nice in these. This will sure attract some attention at the club.

Shindong now needed to find a top. A loose business-like shirt seemed nice. He tried it on as well and could only just do up the buttons.

                Why did Ryeowook have to be so small? His clothes are to die for. Just look at how y I look.

While captivated by his new look in the mirror, he didn’t notice Ryeowook walk in.

                “Umm Shindong. Why are you in my clothes?” Ryeowook had never looked so surprised.

Shindong turned around, feeling embarrassed for being caught dressed in his friends clothes.

Before he could say anything, the shirt he was wearing exploded open as the buttons could not hold any longer. Ryeowook couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

Too humiliated to face his friend, Shindong ran out of the room leaving Ryeowook to ponder why Shindong just ruined one of his most expensive shirts.