Bad Day

Catalyst

Bad Day

 

"I told you get out! Get out! Get out!"

 

"Please ahjumma! Let me stay for another three days!" I begged for the 50th time of this day yet this 30 year old ahjumma landlady won't even reconsider. Can't she be the angel I need right now?!

 

"Three days?! Are you crazy?"

 

"No ahjumma! I'm perfectly normal and I promise to pay you after three days just-"

 

"I said GET OUT!" she screamed and throw away my things. Everyone was watching how the wild landlady threw away my precious clothes, shoes and my tamtam.

 

"Please ahjumma!" I begged again and this time I knelt down and hugged her knees. "What the heck are you doing?!" she screamed and pulled my head away. Just so you know, it hurts!

 

"Please ahjumma! After three days, if I can't still pay... let me marry your son!" so this is how desperate I am! Her son is uhhhh... furthest from the ideal man list. You see her son is Korea's Takeshi Goda of Doraemon. He bullies teenagers at his age and eats extravagantly yet at the sunshine of his life, he is a mama's boy. Imagine me marrying that kind?!

 

"No! Heck no way will I let my son marry a poor shabby girl like you!"

 

I've been suffering this kind of discrimination for the past three months of staying here. Not only discrimination but also poor treatment through the low-quality apartment that I am staying. That's it, I have had enought.

 

"At least I am a poor shabby girl unlike your son who is FAT, A BIG BULLY and damn, he's a MAMA'S BOY!" I shouted putting much emphasis on those words. I feel like I've soar high after saying those words which I have kept long.

 

And I know what her reaction will be. It's total destruction on her part, "SANDARA PARK!!!!!!" she screamed to the highest level. "Ohhh... how stupid of me! I know my mouth can never speak any good thing!" I said as I ran to escape this terrible moment. I smiled as I passed by each person. I even mouthed, "Ahjumma is crazy!"

 

 

After ten exhausting minutes, I finally found peace at this waiting shed. "Forever alone," I labeled myself. I am not supposed to come here at Seoul if not because of my stupid thinking. The story's long but I would love to share it to you people. I had a super handsome and chick magnet ex-boyfriend named Jaejoong. He has this dream of becoming a celebrity so he asked me if I could accompany him here in Seoul. I supported him to the point of disobeying my parents. "Don't come back unless you have proven something," I remembered my dad's words. Eventhough I was very hesitant in following him here, I can't help it, I just loved him so much that time.

 

So he auditioned in one of the biggest companies of Seoul. Fortunately, in a short matter of time, he got accepted. I thought everything will be very okay as long as he will get what he wants. Unfortunately, I was very wrong. He got very busy and totally forgot that I was with him. I showed my disappointment to him but just one kiss from him and he's forgiven but on the next day, he acts as if nothing happened.

 

I grew tired of that kind of life so I told him, "We should break up." I was expecting for a nod or even a simple why but his reaction was different. He said, "Are you breaking up with Kim Jaejoong?!" I was very terrified. It was as if he's on drugs! "Yes I am Kim Jaejoong!" I shouted back. "No one dares to break up with Jaejoong and I am breaking up with you!" he proudly said. My blood went so high that I slapped him so hard. "So what if you are a celebrity? I never imagined you'd change like this!" I said with my matching pitiful cry.

 

He automatically character-change. "I'm sorry, please don't break up with me!" he begged. Is he crazy? was my first question. "You know what, fix yourself Jae. I don't know what has happened to you," I concluded and left.

 

Now... I am forever alone but I will never regret that I broke up with him.

 

 

"*Cough* *Cough* Do you have a spare food young lady?" a poor shabby old man asked. I understand how he feels but he just came at the wrong time! I was about to bite my sandwich when he came.

 

"Uhhhm, harabeoji, don't you have any money?" was my stupid question. Everyone knows he does not have money because he is asking for a spare food! He looked down and replied, "I understand young lady, you are also hungry. I'm sorry for bothering you."

 

Then guilty overpowered my hungry feeling. "It's okay harabeoji. I'm still young so I can endure this kind of worst feeling. You can have my sandwich," I said and offered him my food.

 

He gladly accepted it and sat with me, "Why are you alone on this day? Don't you have someone to come with or talk to you?" oh he hit the jackpot! I'm just a forever alone person.

 

"Unfortunately harabeoji, I'm alone for this day. Don't worry, I'm actually used to this!" I replied with enthusiasm even if a part of me is really tired of working more than 8 hours a day and comes home without anyone saying, 'Welcome back!' I miss home so much!

 

"It's bad to be used at that kind of feeling dear. Everyone needs someone you know," he said and ate my sandwich. He seemed really hungry the whole day of his solo adventure. "Thanks for the food dear."

 

"How about you harabeoji? Don't you have any family member to take care of you?" I initiated to ask.

 

"I have a grandson. He's working in a promiment company at this hour. I'd love to visit him but ... he is not proud of me," he sadly said. I'm the kind of person who is very justified. That kind of treatment does not deserve someone! Even if you are working at a very prominent or what-so-ever company, your family is first priority.

 

"WHAT?! That's very unfair harabeoji! How can a grandson treat you like that?!"

 

"Yes lady. I understand him because as you can see, I'm not rich and I'm just an old man," he said, looked up and smiled at me. "Life is ..." but even before he can complete his melancholic sentence,

 

"That's not a valid reason!" I objected.

 

"For him, it is."

 

"Well then, let's go to your grandson and show him that you are the best grandpa in the world! Follow me grandpa Sandwich!" with full fighting spirit, we made our way to the company. Because I do not know his name, let's name him Grandpa Sandwich.

 

 

After telling the taxi driver the directions going to the company, which drained my money, I have realized that his grandson is really working in a company that is so known. The Kwon Empire. It's a scary company though their boss have a good appearance. The atmosphere inside is EVERYONE BUSY, if you aren't, be ready to be fired.

 

I cannot count how many floors the building has. "I-is this for real?" I said in disbelief. 

 

While planning about our speeches and all, the guards approached us and said, "Please stay away from this area if you have no appointment."

 

"Well, well we have," I said and we tired to get in when the guard hindered us, "Any valid ID?" he asked. What's with ID huh? Can't I just tell him my name?!

 

"Huh? You are asking us a valid ID when infact... you did not ask those people to show their ID and you are a guard okay? You are to give us the warmest welcome!" I defended and pointed at the employees. I sound professional but... "Excuse me miss but you are not allowed to get in," he said with finality. No way.

 

"You can't stop me!" I said and held grandpa's hands and tried to beat the odds.

 

We were making a commotion inside the company building and almost all guards were trying to stop us but as I said, they can't beat me. I've been suffering this kind of treatment for months so I'm used to it. I'm also pretty impressed with grandpa's endurance because he even ran with me! Fantastic baby.

 

"Aren't you tired yet harabeoji?" I asked as I saw that we were both panting and catching for some air as the guards were still very excited at this game.

 

"I'm a fighter during my teenage years!" he said with a matching Aja sign.

 

Just when...

 

"GRANDPA! What commotion have you made again?" I heard a man said from the back. He was surrounded by armed guards and he looked very special with his suit. He looked at me and the grandpa beside me with his fiery eyes. "Omg, it's Kwon Jiyong!" I silently screamed in my head.

 

He even went near us and for the first time, I was not able to move or say anything. "You have made a commotion at your own company grandpa. What's wrong with you really?!" he shouted.

 

"Just having fun with a pretty young lady," he remarked.

 

Even the guards who chased us earlier got astounded and bowed again and again. I thought he was talking to somebody else but it turend out that he's talking with Grandpa Sandwich! "Grandpa, do you know this person?" He just nodded.

 

"In behalf of my half-crazy grandpa, I'm sorry," he said to me and bowed.

 

I looked at grandpa and asked, "Did you just lie to me the whole time?"

 

I can't believe at what he did to me and I can't even believe more at his reply, "Because grandpa lied to you, I'll give you something."

 

"Eh?"

 

"You will live in my mansion and be the lover of my grandson, Kwon Jiyong," isn't this too much of a rush?

 

Lover? Can't it be friends first?!