13

Perfection in Pictures

 

Soyeon fidgets nervously, her hand trembling a little as she grips at the marker.

‘We’re supposed to clean the whole of level two.’ She writes out smoothly, sighing in relief as she lifts the marker off the whiteboard.

The message looks a little short, as though it’s missing something, and Soyeon hurriedly scrawls another message across it.

‘And you’re late.’

With that, she grabs one random mop and the bucket of soap water, and drags them out of class.

Soyeon skilfully scans the corridors, making sure they were empty before chucking said mop and bucket behind a hidden corner.

And with that, she brushes down her skirt and walks off as though nothing happens.

 

__________________

 

Daehyun stretches his sore limbs as he snuggles into his bed. His arms and legs aches from all the stupid mopping that he has been doing earlier in the day, and he makes a mental note to ditch detention tomorrow.

He doesn’t want to be the personal cleaner of the school.

He frowns as he remembers the horrible episode, but something is gnawing away at his conscience. Daehyun has always found it weird how he’s been walking circles around the entire level but has never seen the other person that is supposedly mopping the level with him.

 

No, this is not how you do it.

Daehyun wrinkles his nose as he pulls out the completely wet mop from the sink, creating artificial rain as he accidentally hits the end of the mop against one of the toilet cubicle doors. He frowns, wringing the mop so that it is not that wet and tries to remember how Youngjae does it.

Forget it, he doesn’t even know how Youngjae does it.

Daehyun drags out the heavy mop, panting a little due to lack of exercise. He reminds himself mentally that he shall go on one of his photo walks as soon as he gets his baby back.

He just doesn’t know what he’s getting it back.

Daehyun grumbles as he forcefully slaps the mop onto the ground, dragging it behind him and leaving behind a trail of water. He then repeats the process, going back in the direction that he has come from, dragging the mop lifelessly with one hand. The process then repeats as Daehyun turns back and drags the mop in the same square of rectangle that he has been mopping since minutes ago.

He doesn’t even know where the other girl has mopped.

Sighing, Daehyun lifts the mop and moves off to another part of the level.

 

__________________

 

Kim Himchan sighs as he rests his head against his textbook, flattening his cheek against the cool, smooth texture of the pages as he glances wistfully at the goldfish swimming in its round glass tank, repeating its route. He wishes that he can have memories like a goldfish, forgetting anything within 3 seconds.

Sighing again, he pulls open his desk drawer and stares at the many identical bottles,  pausing for a bit before he randomly picks out one glass bottle that is filled with little blue pills. He unscrews the cap gently, careful not to spill or break anything. He places his fingers into the opening of the bottle gingerly, pulling out a blue pill, and dropping it into the fish tank. He watches as the pill disintegrates into the water of the tank, clouding the water a little before it all becomes clear again.

Himchan then takes another pill and pops it into his mouth, before returning to his slouching state on his textbook.

 

__________________

 

The door creaks open a little, and Kyumi jumps from where she has been sitting for hours on the couch. She spots a huddled figure hurriedly closing the door and dashing across the hallway, as though he wants to avoid someone.

She narrows her eyes, knowing full well that she isn’t a person that can be avoided.

Kyumi dashes almost as fast as Jongup, her smaller figure and longer legs helping her to reach him faster than she expects, and she slids across the slippery hall, thinking that she may well have to go for plastic surgery if her face hits the floor—

A pair of strong yet gentle arms immediately grabs her, breaking her fall. However, instead of thanking her saviour, Kyumi glares toasters at him.

“Where were you.”

It isn’t even a question, it’s more of a demand. Jongup shifts uneasily under her strong gaze, and even though he isn’t exactly in the mood to fool with her, he replies shortly.

“Out.”

“Out where?”

“Out out.”

“Out out where?”

Jongup blinks. “Out of this house…?”

“Can you give me a specific location.”

“Why should I?”

“Because.”

“You know, this is really one thing I hate about you, why must you control my life so much?” Jongup snaps, turning around back from where he came from.

The door slams, and Kyumi doesn’t even realise she’s crying until she feels the hot tears running down her cheeks.

 

________________________________________________

 

“Okay… so,” the teacher glances at the namelist of the students and the various subjects that they are majoring in, before placing the paper down and scanning the entire classroom. “The first week of orientation is already over, so you guys will have to attend your own specialised classes in your faculty.”

The students all groan, and the teacher slaps the desk with a long metal ruler.

“Your lessons start soon, so why are you all still doing here? I’m expecting all of you to clear out this classroom in ten.”

The students all scramble out of their seats and start pushing each other out of the class. Daehyun stands, wincing a little at his sore limbs before dragging himself out of class.

“Daehyun. Jung Daehyun,” the teacher calls out, and Daehyun stops. “I want to talk to you for a moment.”

Meanwhile, a girl on the other side of the classroom pauses too, her eyes flitting over to that blonde head moving reluctantly towards the teacher before she shakes her head impeccably, leaving for her own classes.

“Jung Daehyun, I thought you said you couldn’t sing,” the teacher accuses, once Daehyun is within a closer range. “Did you sign up for vocal classes for mistake, or were you just fooling around with me?”

“Seonsaengnim, I just had no intention of singing in front of the class.”

The teacher narrows her eyes. “I was contemplating to return you your camera once you proved your talents to me. However, since it is against the school rules, I will return your camera back to you. But you are warned that if I see it again in class I will be taking it away again and I will not return it to you aga—”

“Seonsaengnim thankyou now return it back to me pleaseeeeee I can’t live without my darling!”

The teacher shakes her head at Daehyun’s behaviour, before chasing him out of class. “You go to your class first while I find it.”

Daehyun’s face falls. “You mean you just randomly chucked it somewhere?”

“No, no I didn’t. I’ll give it to you after school. Now go.”

 

__________________

 

“Someone’s late,” the vocal trainer’s face is a mirror of irritation as she recounts the number of heads in her class. “There’s supposed to be fourteen of you, but only thirteen turned up. Does anyone know where this Jung Daehyun went?”

Jung Daehyun.

“No way, Daehyun? He can’t sing! He said so himself!” Someone laughs out loud, and his group of friends join in the laughter. Kim Soyeon furrows her eyebrows as she remembers that moment.

‘I can’t sing…’

She shakes her head again. No, it can’t be that Daehyun. But then again, Daehyun is a pretty common name.

The laughter abruptly stops when the doorknob turns, and it creaks open a crack.

And Jung Daehyun steps in, his head lowering.

Jung Daehyun in her vocal class.

 

a/n;
 
fudge this, my updates are getting ier and ier.
/sighs
anyway, i just realised that
yeon jihee (the ulzzang i used for kim soyeon) 
actually has a digital single. o A o xD
and the ulzzang that i used for jang kyumi (park hwanhui)
is 21, married and has a baby.
e n e
#foreverjellyofthoseulzzangswhoaremarriedhavebabiesandstilllooksoprettyorz