When? Then! What?!

You! Yes YOU!
Please log in to read the full chapter

UMJI

I don't really know when it started. With her aura, she just overshadows everyone and you would just have to be blind to not notice her.

She is eye-catching, I admit. At first, I thought it was just that she was a new presence, she's tall and she carries herself with confidence that you won't see a bit of insecurity with the way she speaks and walks.

"Not a bit of insecurity but mind you, she is so humble you wouldn't believe her achievements!" Sojung, one of my friends who happened to be in her team said that one time we were having lunch together.

"She really looks intimidating for me though," another one remarked.

"She's a softie, Yuju" defended Sojung.

I just listened to them talk more about her as I myself was getting really curious too about this newbie we have. 

"And she is so talented."

Indeed she is!

I once went to their workspace to have some documents signed up and I happened to pass by her cube. She was taking a well-deserved break, "doodling" something.

"Wow! That's great!" I exclaimed bubbly, though with a hushed voice.

"Oh! Hello! Thank you." She curtly responded and put her work away. I was surprised with her action and wondered if I had offended her but her timid smile said otherwise.

"She's a bit shy around people." I remembered what my friend had said. But it doesn't really show.

A few more months and I began to see her more and more. I could see that she has adapted well with the work and I noticed more things about her. I could see just what my friend had said. She indeed is a great softie, always greeting people who she feels comfortable with, with her witty remarks. On the other hand, she greets everybody else with a curt bow or nod. Sadly, I belonged to the latter.

She would bow even in the cafeteria or even when we bumped into the mall. I somehow find it amusing but I also want to get closer to her just like my other workmates.

"It's because you were in a different team." Sojung had said when I openly wondered about it.

"I don't think so. We eat at the same time as her and Yerin but she is close and would joke around with her when Yerin is actually in my team." I didn't want to sound whiny about it but it just came out as that.

"Because they eat together, Yewon." Yuju said with a knowing smile and a nod.

"I think we should eat together with them sometime." Eunha, another one of my friends had thoughtfully noted.

Eating with them never really happened until our company decided a work-camp for a month. It was to build a bond among workmates and strengthen our teamwork.

 

*****


Kim Sojung created the group

Kim Sojung added Jung Eunbi

Kim Sojung added Kim Yewon

Kim Yewon set her nickname to Umji

Umji added Jung Yerin

Umji added Choi Yuna

Jung Yerin added Hwang Eunbi

Jung Eunbi set her nickname to Jungbi

Jungbi: Hwang! nickname please!

Sojung: Hello ladies. We are provided with everything we need but apparently our stove was not set up. Who among you could do it?

Umji: not me unnie!

Yerin: no idea

Hwang: I think I can do it

Yuju: great!

Jungbi: thank goodness! 😂

Sojung: Great! Is everyone ready? Do you have everything you need?

Yerin: Yuju is still looking for something.

Yuju: found it already!!

Hwang Eunbi set her nickname to Hwangbi

 

*****

 

My constant admiration started there. At how she knows almost everything. Unknown to me, I had my attention on her in every second that she is within my sight. I just realized it when suddenly, I hugged her.

"We can start cooking now!" She cheerily said as she just finished setting up the stove. I don't know what came in to me but I just hugged her from behind and told her how great she was.

"Ahm, hahaha! I see you don't like cuddles!" I to also hide my embarra

Please log in to read the full chapter