Miracle: Story of the Past

Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notice:

Here, I will rename Dahyun from the year 2016 to Hyun, and the name for Dahyun from the year 2040 remains the same.

 

Happy reading! ^^

==============================

 

SEOUL, ?? ?? ???

 

In a large campus surrounded by green trees and classical buildings, Nayeon and Jeongyeon are the most romantic couple in the university. They are known by everyone as a harmonious, loving couple who are always attentive to each other. There's no doubt that their love is an example many people aspire to.

 

Initially, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were two ordinary students who met in one of their first classes. Although they started as regular friends, their love gradually grew and deepened into something more profound. Every moment spent together is filled with happiness and genuine love. They often stroll through the campus park, holding hands, and talking about their dreams for the future.

 

"Do you remember when we first met in that class, Nayeon?" Jeongyeon asks with a gentle smile.

 

Nayeon nods, smiling as she remembers, "Of course, I remember. We sat in the same row and exchanged shy smiles."

 

"Yes, at first, we were just regular friends," Jeongyeon recalls, shaking her head. "But as time went on, it felt like we found the missing piece of ourselves in each other."

 

Nayeon gently holds Jeongyeon's hand, "Every moment we spend together is filled with happiness, isn't it? I still remember how we used to walk around this campus park, our hands intertwined, and we talked about our dreams for the future."

 

Jeongyeon nods in agreement, "Exactly. We have so many dreams together, don't we? A future full of love and happiness."

 

Nayeon bites her lip while smiling, "And now, our dreams are becoming more real, Jeong. I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

 

Jeongyeon gently brushes Nayeon's cheek, "And I'm even more grateful to have you. We've been through all of this together, and I've never felt happier than I do right now."

 

They gaze into each other's eyes, filled with love, feeling the strong bond growing between them. Every moment they spend together seems to speak of genuine love and shared dreams.

 

.

 

.

 

Every year, on their relationship anniversary, Jeongyeon always plans an unexpectedly romantic surprise for Nayeon. One day, as Nayeon enters the classroom, she finds a handwritten note on her desk.

 

Nayeon smiles and opens the letter. "Happy anniversary, my love. Here's the first clue for our adventure today. Follow your heart and memories. I'll be waiting for you at a place full of beautiful memories."

 

Nayeon furrows her brows, trying to think of the place Jeongyeon is referring to. After a moment of contemplation, she grins widely. "I know where it is!"

 

After class, Nayeon hurries to the campus park, where they often sat together under a big tree. There, she finds Jeongyeon sitting with a sweet smile.

 

"Nayeon, happy anniversary!" Jeongyeon says, standing up and extending her hand.

 

Nayeon smiles happily and takes Jeongyeon's hand, "Thank you, Jeong. You always know how to make me feel special."

 

Jeongyeon picks up a small package from beside her, "This is for you."

 

Nayeon unwraps it and finds a beautiful necklace with a heart-shaped pendant. "It's so beautiful, Jeong. Thank you."

 

Jeongyeon takes the necklace and helps Nayeon put it on. "This necklace symbolizes our love that grows and endures in every beautiful and challenging moment."

 

Nayeon smiles gently, "I really love it. You always know how to surprise me and make me smile."

 

Jeongyeon holds Nayeon's hand, "Because you deserve all the best things in life."

 

The year before, on another anniversary, Jeongyeon planned a special moment by taking Nayeon to the place where they first met. There, they reminisced about their colorful journey of love, gazing into each other's eyes with deep love and appreciation.

 

.

 

.

However, as the new academic year began, the atmosphere started to change. Jeongyeon, known for her cheerful and friendly nature, caught the attention of many new female students on campus. It wasn't just attention, but rather a deep admiration. One of them, a student who entered the campus with captivating enthusiasm and beauty, also had an uncontrollable obsession.

 

One day, towards the end of the semester, Nayeon and Jeongyeon sat in the campus park as usual. They talked about their plans for the upcoming weekend, but there was something bothering Nayeon. Jeongyeon seemed a bit different in the past few weeks, and although Nayeon tried not to feel jealous, the concern was inevitable.

 

"Nayeon, is there something bothering you?" Jeongyeon asked with a gentle tone.

 

Nayeon bit her lip for a moment before finally saying, "I just feel like you've been a bit different lately. We're still planning our weekend, right?"

 

Jeongyeon took Nayeon's hand attentively, "Of course, Nayeon. We'll still make our plans. I might just be a little busy with some school projects."

 

Nayeon nodded, but her expression still reflected worry. After a moment, she decided to voice her feelings, "I know this might sound silly, but I'm worried about all the attention you've been getting, especially from one of the new students."

 

Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon with surprise, then gently her cheek, "Nayeon, you know I only have eyes for you, right? No one can replace you in my heart. I appreciate all the attention, but my heart belongs to you."

 

Nayeon smiled in relief upon hearing Jeongyeon's words. However, on the other side of the campus, a student watched their conversation from a distance, her eyes filled with jealousy and frustration. Her obsession with Jeongyeon deepened, and she felt that she had to do something to get Jeongyeon's attention.

 

This student suddenly became obsessed with Jeongyeon for reasons unknown to many. She secretly gathered information about Jeongyeon, followed her footsteps, and learned all she could about Jeongyeon's life.

 

.

 

.

 

Without everyone's knowledge, the new academic year had started a few months ago. One quiet night, Nayeon was engrossed in a stack of books in a corner of the campus library.

 

Elsewhere, Jeongyeon stood in front of the student dormitory door, contemplating whether to knock or not. She had heard from her friends that the student inside was feeling sick, and as a friend, she wanted to offer support.

 

With a heavy breath, Jeongyeon finally knocked on the dormitory door. The student opened the door with a surprised expression, but upon seeing Jeongyeon, a small smile appeared on her face. They sat on the bed, where Jeongyeon asked about her condition, and they began talking about various topics, from coursework to hobbies.

 

As time went on, the atmosphere changed. The student's gaze towards Jeongyeon became more intense, filled with an uncontrollable obsession. Jeongyeon tried not to pay too much attention, but there was tension in the air. Suddenly, in an unexpected moment, the student reached for Jeongyeon's hand.

 

"Jeongyeon, I feel like I've fallen in love with you," she said, her eyes sparkling.

 

Jeongyeon was surprised and awkward, trying to retrieve her hand. "Hey, I came here as a friend. I just wanted to help you feel better."

 

However, the student moved closer, attempting to kiss Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon was startled and tried to pull back, but the situation grew more intense. Amid the chaos of feelings and the messy situation, they became involved in an unexpected physical relationship.

 

After the incident, Jeongyeon felt shocked and confused. She realized that what had happened was wrong and immoral. She felt guilty for betraying her feelings for Nayeon.

 

Fear kept her from facing Nayeon and telling her what had happened. Misunderstandings and conflicts grew more complex, shaking the once-strong relationship between Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

 

News of this event spread quickly among their friends, including Nayeon. One morning, Nayeon sat at the dining table, her phone in hand. Her hand trembled as she opened a message from her friend, informing her of the incident between Jeongyeon and the student.

 

"Nayeon, have you heard about what happened with Jeongyeon?" her friend asked worriedly.

 

Nayeon felt her heartbeat quicken. She read her friend's message and fixated on the words describing the unexpected event. Tears started to flow as she felt her world shatter. The trust she had built with Jeongyeon felt like shattered glass strewn everywhere.

 

"Eonnie, are you okay?" Tzuyu asked, noticing her sudden tears.

 

Nayeon nodded softly, trying to control her emotions. "I... I don't know what to do."

 

"What happened, eonnie?" Dahyun asked, offering a tissue to Nayeon.

 

"Why are you crying, eonnie? Is something bothering you?" Chaeyoung asked with genuine concern.

 

Nayeon wiped her tears with the tissue and smiled at Chaeyoung. "No, don't worry. It's just... a bit shocking for me."

 

Nayeon took a deep breath before answering, her voice quivering. "Turns out, Jeongyeon was involved in an inappropriate situation with a student." She continued, her voice breaking.

 

Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung exchanged looks, confusion and worry evident on their faces. Tzuyu quickly touched Nayeon's arm with concern.

 

"Eonnie, we'll always be here for you," Tzuyu said sincerely. "We'll protect you and support you."

 

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement. "Exactly, eonnie. We're family, and we're here for you in both good times and bad. Don't hesitate to share with us."

 

Dahyun smiled gently. "We know this must be really tough for you, but you're not alone, eonnie. We're all here for you."

 

Nayeon was touched by the support and love from her younger friends. Although her heart was still filled with confusion and worry, they managed to provide some relief in the midst of the chaos she was facing.

 

"Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate it," Nayeon said with a voice strained from holding back tears. "I know I'm not alone."

 

Tzuyu reached out and gently held Nayeon's hand. "We'll get through this together, eonnie. Don't hesitate to rely on us." Dahyun and Chaeyoung also nodded, confirming Tzuyu's words.

 

A few days later, Nayeon and Jeongyeon sat in the campus park, their gazes no longer full of the love they once had, particularly Nayeon's gaze towards Jeongyeon. Nayeon stared at their joined hands and spoke the difficult words, "Jeongyeon, I don't know how this could have happened. We had such a meaningful relationship, but now everything feels shattered."

 

Jeongyeon felt regretful and devastated hearing Nayeon's words. She gently held Nayeon's hand, "I know I made a big mistake, Nayeon. I feel deeply sorry and don't know what to do."

 

Nayeon slowly withdrew her hand. "The truth is, our trust has been broken. I don't know if I can forgive and forget this."

 

Jeongyeon felt a tightness in her chest, tears welling up in her eyes. "Nay, I'm sorry for what happened. I know I've ruined everything, but please give me a chance to make it right."

 

Nayeon looked down, trying to calm her chaotic feelings. "Jeong, I'm too disappointed and hurt. I don't know how to forget all of this."

 

Jeongyeon reached for Nayeon's hand with hope, "Please, give me a chance to prove that I can earn your trust again. I'll fight hard to fix all of this."

 

Nayeon raised her face, tears still streaming down. "Jeongyeon, I love you, but my love isn't enough to overcome all this pain and disappointment. I think it's best for us to part ways."

 

Jeongyeon felt crushed, but she understood Nayeon's decision. She knew she had to face the consequences of her actions. "I understand, Nay. I'll respect your decision, even though my heart is breaking."

 

They both fell silent, contemplating their words. A love story that was once beautiful and full of laughter was now a story of heartbreak and regret. In silence, they knew they had to face this bitter reality.

 

In the end, they agreed to end their relationship, as the unexpected event had damaged the trust and affection they shared. Both knew that this step was best for both of them.

 

After their breakup, Nayeon felt a heaviness in her heart. She felt that she had to move forward without Jeongyeon, even though it was painful. As for Jeongyeon, she felt the weight of deep regret.

 

She knew she had to take responsibility for her actions and mistakes, and she felt the loss of a love that had been so precious. At the time, they were about to graduate from university and had planned to take their relationship to the next level.

 

The once beautiful love story had turned into a bitter memory they held. Although these wounds would never completely heal, they learned that true love should be based on trust, loyalty, and sacrifice. Each had to move on, carrying valuable lessons from this experience.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

SEOUL, ?? ?? ???

 

Dahyun felt her heart racing as she walked quickly towards the bus stop. Today was the day she had been eagerly waiting for, the competition that could bring her closer to her dream of pursuing education abroad.

 

But as she neared the bus stop, Dahyun accidentally spotted a group of men standing a few meters away from the bus stop. The atmosphere there felt tense, and she saw a girl with a fearful expression standing in the midst of them. Adrenaline surged through Dahyun, and without hesitation, she began walking towards the group.

 

"Do you have a problem?" she asked firmly.

 

One of the men turned and sneered, "What's it to you?"

 

The girl seized the moment to try to escape, but one of the men held her back roughly. Dahyun felt her anger grow, and she stood tall before them. "Release her right now."

 

The men laughed, underestimating Dahyun who appeared smaller than them. However, Dahyun walked closer without hesitation and tried to free the girl from the man's grip. This escalated the situation and eventually led to physical confrontation.

 

In the process, Dahyun felt a stabbing pain in her wrist as she fought hard against the men. Blow after blow occurred, and finally, a strong punch hit her face, causing her to stagger slightly backward.

 

"That punch was quite strong, huh?" taunted one of the men with a cynical laugh.

 

Dahyun wiped the blood from the corner of her lips, her gaze still sharp. "You won't make me back down."

 

Pain shot through her wrist as she struggled to free herself from their grasp. Her face felt like it was on fire due to the blow that struck her cheek. She could feel blood flowing from the wound.

 

"Think carefully, little girl. You can't fight all of us," another man interjected arrogantly.

 

Dahyun let out a heavy sigh, her eyes focused on the frightened girl beside them. The pain in her body felt insignificant compared to what the girl was experiencing.

 

Dahyun felt her adrenaline peak, and the pounding of her heart echoed loudly in her ears. With a quick and sudden movement, she launched a sharp and precise counterattack. The man who had sneered earlier was taken aback and couldn't evade Dahyun's attack.

 

Dahyun's sharp and fast punches made the men stumble. She continued to land blows on them, targeting their weak points.

 

She could feel the pain growing increasingly intense in her wrist, but she ignored it and remained focused on the fight.

 

Dahyun didn't let the pain stop her. The men struggled to fight back against Dahyun's attacks, but their strength began to wane. Dahyun had the advantage in speed and accuracy. Eventually, Dahyun took down each one of them, leaving them lying on the ground with pained faces and weary bodies.

 

"Think you're strong, do you?" Dahyun asked courageously, glaring at the men.

 

The men writhed, feeling pain throughout their bodies. They attempted to get up but were too weak to continue the fight. With a sense of shame, they finally left the scene, leaving Dahyun and the girl alone. Gasping for breath, Dahyun saw the girl say something.

 

The girl let out a relieved sigh, thanking Dahyun with grateful eyes. "Thank you for saving me."

 

Dahyun responded with a small smile despite her wounded lip, then her increasingly painful wrist couldn't be hidden.

 

The girl thanked Dahyun again as she didn't get a response earlier and also didn't see a smiling reaction from Dahyun. "I'm Sana, thank you for your help."

 

Dahyun tried to smile a bit wider than before and attempted to alleviate her pain. "No need to thank me. I just wanted to help."

 

The girl's gaze settled on Dahyun's wrist, looking at her with concern. "Are you okay? Your wrist is injured?"

 

Dahyun nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Yes, a minor injury. I'll be fine. Just be more careful next time," Dahyun said as she walked away without looking at the girl's face because she had been focused on her wrist, trying to ease the pain.

 

Dahyun smiled bitterly, feeling the pain in her wrist worsen over time. In this injured state, Dahyun was forced to postpone her plan to apply for the overseas scholarship since she couldn't participate in the competition today.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Dahyun sat in her room with a distant look, lost in deep thought. Nayeon entered with a warm smile on her face. "Dahyunie, what's on your mind?"

 

Dahyun turned and gave a weak smile. "Eonnie, I feel so frustrated. I couldn't participate in the final competition to complete my application for the overseas scholarship. Because my injury hasn't fully healed yet."

 

Nayeon took a seat beside her, showing sympathy. "I can imagine how tough it is, Dahyunie. You do have great potential and deserve that opportunity."

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu walked into the room, sitting around Dahyun with concerned expressions.

 

"How are you feeling, Dahyun-ah?" Chaeyoung asked sympathetically.

 

Tzuyu nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we're all worried about you, eonnie."

 

Dahyun looked at them with a faint smile, touched by the attention and support of her friends. "I'll be okay, you guys know that. It's just a minor injury. I'm just frustrated because this was my last chance."

 

Chaeyoung gently placed her hand on Dahyun's shoulder. "We understand how you feel, but your health is what matters most now. We'll always support you."

 

Tzuyu nodded. "Exactly, don't worry. We'll always be here for you."

 

At that moment, Dahyun made the difficult decision to join the next competition after she had fully recovered. Although disappointed, she knew it was the wise step. She wanted to give her best in the competition, which wouldn't be possible if she was still in an incomplete physical condition.

 

Several months later, when her wrist had significantly healed, Dahyun decided to apply to a renowned university in Seoul. This decision wasn't easy for her, given her earlier plan to study abroad. However, she felt it was the right step considering her current situation, especially considering her physical recovery and her plan to pursue a student exchange program later in the year.

 

She contemplated her decision for days, discussing with mentors and trusted adults. Finally, she chose to give herself a chance by applying to a university in the city she loved.

 

When she finally announced her decision to her family as well as Nayeon, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu, they all responded with wholehearted support. "We'll always support you, Dahyun," Chaeyoung said with a genuine smile as she gave Dahyun a warm hug.

 

Dahyun smiled happily, feeling a sense of relief with the support she received. "Thank you, everyone. This might not have been my initial plan, but I'm confident it's the right step. I'm glad that I can be here with you all who always support me."

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

In her journey at the new university, Dahyun didn't realize that she would fall in love with someone. That someone had a name that felt familiar, but Dahyun couldn't remember where she had heard the name before.

 

One day, as she sat in class and saw a girl with a bright smile filling the room, her heart suddenly beat faster than usual. The girl was Minatozaki Sana, who was already popular on campus despite being new. She had never imagined her heart could beat like this other than when she was engrossed in her academic work or piano competitions.

 

Unexpectedly, Dahyun found herself constantly thinking about Sana. She had never felt anything like this before. Every time they talked or met, her heart raced faster. She felt nervous and excited at the same time. However, she wasn't sure what to do with these feelings.

 

As time went on, Dahyun and Sana started talking and getting to know each other. They became close friends, and eventually, the feelings grew into something more than just friendship. Dahyun was actually hesitant to confess her feelings because she had never experienced this before.

 

Then one day, Sana looked at her gently and said, "Dahyun, I'd like to take you out. Would you like that?"

 

Dahyun could hardly believe what she heard. "Of course, I'd be thrilled," she replied with a smile she couldn't hide.

 

They began spending more time together, getting to know each other better. Dahyun found herself becoming more and more interested in Sana and discovering that she felt happier when she was around her.

 

And finally, after several months, something came over Dahyun that led her to decide to confess her love to Sana. Eventually, they became a couple.

 

Dahyun felt that everything she had gone through had led her to this point. Although the journey wasn't always easy, she felt grateful to have found someone who understood her and filled her life with new love and happiness. She realized that this was more precious than any scholarship or plans to study abroad.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

After a few months had passed since Dahyun and Sana began their romantic relationship, without them realizing it, time had turned them into seniors at the university. Amidst all the happiness and closeness that grew between them, Dahyun began to forget her initial goal of participating in the student exchange program abroad. Both of them enjoyed beautiful moments together, but unbeknownst to them, a dark cloud began to creep in slowly, disturbing the light of their relationship's happiness.

 

One day on campus, Sana sat in a corner of the library, completely engrossed in the book in front of her. However, suddenly her ears caught snippets of conversation from a group of female students sitting at a nearby table.

 

Their conversation revolved around an incident during the preparations for university applications. One of them spoke enthusiastically, "Do you all still remember when we were busy preparing our application documents for university? When one of our school friends became a hero and saved a girl from a group of misbehaving guys?"

 

Another student responded with awe, "Yeah, that was truly an extraordinary event. The story spread throughout the school, and the person who rescued her was truly a hero."

 

"Unfortunately, he had to postpone his dreams and hard work that he had built up during the final year of high school."

 

Sana paused for a moment, raising her head to listen more attentively. She was intrigued by the story they were discussing.

 

Suddenly, Jeongyeon walked by the group of students, and they greeted her. "Jeongyeon-ssi."

 

After Jeongyeon walked away, a few students looked at Dahyun entering the library with a charming smile that captivated everyone who saw it.

 

"Well, look at our hero. He's becoming more handsome every day, isn't he?"

 

"Come on, don't bring it up. Remember, he's got a girlfriend now, right?"

 

"You know, back in high school, he wasn't interested in romantic relationships at all. Even his two friends, who have traits similar to him now, both seem so close to someone, as if they have a very special relationship."

 

Sana only caught the name "Jeongyeon" during their conversation. It inadvertently led Sana to assume that they were talking about her senior, Yoo Jeongyeon. Sana still vividly remembered being helped by someone, but unfortunately, the person at that time was wearing a hoodie that partially covered their face, making it hard for Sana to see clearly.

 

Before long, the story she heard kept echoing in Sana's mind. She began to imagine Jeongyeon as the hero who saved her life, and an obsession with that figure grew within her.

 

Sana's mind continued to wander to the senior, and slowly but surely, her interest in knowing more about Jeongyeon grew stronger. Her obsession deepened as time passed.

 

However, Sana was unaware that the story discussed by the students was actually about Dahyun's act of kindness. Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were three individuals highly popular during high school. Each of them possessed unique talents that made everyone at school admire them.

 

Following the incident when Dahyun saved a girl from danger before a piano competition, their popularity soared. Their kindness was recognized throughout the school, even though none of them were interested in pursuing romantic relationships with anyone, despite many people wanting to have special relationships with them.

 

This misunderstanding continued to grow and weave its threads as Sana began to ignore Dahyun. She focused on Jeongyeon and embarked on an effort to get closer to her. Sana no longer paid attention to Dahyun's feelings and the love that had grown between them. She even started feeling awkward and uncomfortable spending time with Dahyun.

 

One afternoon, after classes were over, Dahyun approached Sana, who was sitting in the library. Dahyun's face was filled with questions as she said, "Sana, I feel like something's not right between us lately. What's going on?"

 

Sana looked up from her book and sighed. She felt tense, knowing that this was the right time to talk. "Dahyun, actually... I've been feeling some changes within myself. I've been thinking about a lot of things lately."

 

Dahyun felt increasingly puzzled hearing Sana's response. "But Sana, what's making you change? Did I do something wrong? I want to know so we can fix this together."

 

Sana gently placed her hand on top of Dahyun's. "Dahyun, you know I care about you, right? I also want us to be close like before, but I need time to understand myself first. I don't want us to be trapped in a relationship that will only make us unhappy."

 

Dahyun n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter