Miracle: Rescue Mission

Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With looks of anxiety and a sense of being trapped, Nayeon, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung sat together in the attic room filled with scientific equipment and Dahyun's inventions. The air was tense, and a feeling of unease enveloped them like an impenetrable fog.

 

"Tzuyu-ya, I know this is incredibly tough for you, seeing Dahyun and not being able to do anything. But we need to stay calm and think clearly," Nayeon said gently, trying to provide support to Tzuyu who still felt guilty about the incident.

 

Tzuyu nodded, wiping away the remaining tears on her cheeks. "I know, Nayeon eonnie. But how can we rescue Dahyun eonnie from that dimension?"

 

Chaeyoung, sitting beside them, bit her lip deeply. "Perhaps we can learn more about this machine. There might be a way to reverse its effects or bring Dahyun back."

 

Nayeon nodded in agreement. "Right. I remember Dahyun telling me that she studied many theories about alternate dimensions and time travel. We need to find out if there's a way to overcome this."

 

Tzuyu rubbed her eyes and took a deep breath. "But how can we understand all those theories? I'm not a science or physics expert like Dahyun eonnie."

 

Chaeyoung smiled gently. "We might not be like Dahyun, Tzuyu-ya, but we have each other. We're friends, even family, there must be a way Tzuyu-ya."

 

Despite their panic and anxiety, Nayeon managed to calm Tzuyu and Chaeyoung down. They tried to organize their thoughts and search for a way to rescue Dahyun from the mysterious dimension.

 

"Tzuyu-ya, do you know what caused the machine to suddenly activate?" Nayeon asked with a lot of uncertainty.

 

Tzuyu shook her head, "I don't know, eonnie. The incident happened too fast. I only saw Dahyun eonnie falling and unintentionally entering her invention."

 

Hearing Tzuyu's answer, Chaeyoung nodded in understanding. This was one of the most difficult situations they had ever experienced in their lives.

 

"We have to fight to rescue Dahyun eonnie. We won't let her be trapped there alone for too long," Tzuyu said determinedly.

 

"What matters most now is finding a way to bring Dahyun back," Nayeon added with hope in her eyes, which were still teary.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, "We have to find a way to bring her home, no matter how difficult it is."

 

Finally, Nayeon, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu agreed to find a way to rescue Dahyun and began examining the room. As they tried to find a solution, a sense of worry continued to haunt them.

 

Meanwhile, in the unknown dimension, Dahyun struggled to stay afloat. The machine spun rapidly, producing uncontrollable energy that made it difficult for Dahyun to move. She tried to find a way out, but the more she struggled, the more the machine pulled her deeper in.

 

.

.

.

.

 

SEOUL, ?? ?? ????

 

Dahyun fell to the floor with a loud thud, her body feeling the impact of a powerful collision. She sensed pain coursing through every part of her body, and her head spun with dizziness. As she tried to rise from the floor, her vision remained blurry and disrupted, as if the world around her was spinning.

 

After a moment, Dahyun managed to reach for a nearby chair and sat down cautiously. She held her head, which was throbbing, and tried to regulate her gasping breath. Her mind drifted back, recalling how she had suddenly been pulled into the mysterious dimension.

 

"What just happened? And why do I feel so weak and dizzy?" Dahyun mumbled.

 

After a few moments of trying to ease her dizziness, Dahyun finally opened her eyes carefully. She surveyed the room around her, attempting to understand the situation she was in. However, what she saw left her shocked and confused.

 

"Ige Mwoya!!" (What is this!!)

 

She was inside her attic room, but the atmosphere within it was drastically different. Instantly, her eyes widened in awe as she observed the astonishing changes. The room now resembled that of a teenage girl's, with a distinct touch. Bright colors and captivating patterns filled every corner, creating a cheerful and delightful ambiance.

 

Nothing was the same as Dahyun remembered. The scientific equipment and inventions that used to populate the room had been replaced by far more advanced futuristic technology. Unfamiliar gadgets were present, generating a mesmerizing futuristic atmosphere. However, amidst all these changes, only one thing remained the same: her invention's machine lying in the corner of the room, seemingly undisturbed by the alterations around it.

 

Dahyun felt perplexed and disbelieving of what she was seeing. She attempted to stand and walked around the room, trying to grasp the extent of the alterations. Everything seemed foreign to her, as if she had entered a completely different world.

 

However, something caught her attention. On the table, an open calendar lay. She picked it up and read the date written on it. Her eyes widened, and her heart raced as she saw the month and year indicated on the calendar: March 2040.

 

Dahyun felt her heartbeats quicken, and a sense of anxiety began to creep within her. How could this be? How had she suddenly ended up in the year 2040? Was this the result of the dimensional waves she had experienced?

 

She tried to gather her thoughts and contemplate the situation. Whatever had happened, she needed to find a way back to her original year. She felt a mix of surprise, confusion, and immense curiosity. There was no time to panic; she had to act swiftly.

 

Dahyun walked back toward her invention's machine, which lay in the corner. Despite all the changes, this machine remained unchanged. She thought that perhaps this machine held the key to transporting her back to the right time and dimension.

 

With determination, Dahyun began to examine the machine carefully. She tried to recall every detail about its operation and how she could control it. Even though she felt weak and dizzy, she had to make an effort to return.

 

As she continued to inspect the machine, suddenly there were footsteps in the corridor outside the room. Dahyun lifted her head and held her breath. The door to the room opened slowly, and someone entered.

 

"Nuguseyo?" (Who's there?) Dahyun muttered, her heart pounding.

 

Yet, her shock intensified as she saw who entered the room.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Seoul, March 03, 2040

 

Today, the sun was shining brightly, and the wind blew gently, creating a perfect atmosphere for cleaning up the attic. Dahyun and Minjoo stood in front of the attic door, ready to begin their task. Dahyun felt a mixture of nostalgia and emotion as she looked at the attic where she had spent much of her youth with enthusiasm.

 

.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Minjoo, with fiery enthusiasm, approached Dahyun, who was busy with some files in her hands. Her facial expression radiated excitement and great hope.

 

"Appa!! Can I have the room in the attic to be my own?" Minjoo asked, her eyes shining, her voice quivering with excitement.

 

Dahyun, in the meantime, stopped what she was doing and turned to Minjoo with a warm smile. "Aniyeo~~" she replied in a casual tone, teasing Minjoo by pretending to decline her request, which successfully dampened Minjoo's spirits.

 

"Waeyo~~ Appa~~?" Minjoo pouted slightly, her face showing a bit of disappointment, trying to find out the reason.

 

Dahyun approached Minjoo and slightly bowed towards her. "Because the room is very dusty and messy," she explained in a gentle tone with a relaxed manner.

 

Undeterred, Minjoo tried to convince Dahyun in various ways. "I will clean it up, appa, so please?" she pleaded while hugging Dahyun's arm, her face now full of adorable aegyo. Dahyun could only laugh at Minjoo's cheerful and cute behavior.

 

"Ne, arraseo~" Dahyun finally said, smiling gently at her daughter. "But this weekend, okay? Because I will help you. For now, you'll sleep with aunty Nayeon, alright?"

 

A wide smile appeared on Minjoo's face, so happy that it was hard to put into words. "Ne, appa, arrasoyo~" she answered enthusiastically and gratefully.

 

END FLASHBACK

 

.

 

"Are you sure you want to use this attic as your room, Minjoo?" Dahyun asked.

 

Minjoo nodded enthusiastically, "Ne, appa! I really love this place. It seems like the perfect place for my room."

 

Dahyun chuckled softly, "Alright, but I have to emphasize, it's still messy and will take a lot of time."

 

Minjoo answered with determination, "It's okay, appa! I'm ready to clean it up."

 

Both of them entered the attic, and immediately Minjoo started sweeping and dusting. Dahyun helped organize the tools and project materials that were neatly arranged in some corners.

 

"Now I remember, when I was still in school, I spent a lot of time here working on all my projects," Dahyun said with a smile, reminiscing about the beautiful times when she was still in school.

 

Minjoo nodded while sweeping energetically, "I can imagine how fun it was when appa made projects here."

 

For several hours, they worked hard to clean up the attic. Dust and unused items were gathered, and the room began to look more orderly. Minjoo found several items that caught her attention, such as old drawing tools and sketches created by Dahyun, lying in a corner of the room.

 

After cleaning up, the two of them sat in the middle of the brighter and cozier room. Minjoo gently one of the sketches, "Appa, you're really talented. I'm glad I can experience the atmosphere of this place." Dahyun responded with a proud smile.

 

After getting enough rest, Dahyun planned to continue the process of cleaning up the room. With enthusiasm, she said, "Alright, now it's time for us to move that machine to the storage room." The words referred to an old discovery of hers that was located in a corner of the attic.

 

However, Minjoo quickly objected, "Andwae, appa. I want the machine to stay here. Can I, appa? I want to keep it."

 

Minjoo tried to persuade Dahyun by arguing that the machine was the only project of hers that she could see. Therefore, she decided to keep it as part of her personal decoration.

 

Dahyun looked a little thoughtful, considering Minjoo's request. After a moment of thought, she finally made a decision, "Alright, you can keep it here. Now, we should take a shower and get ready to buy some items you need for your new room, Minjoo-ya."

 

Dahyun felt relieved that the machine would remain where it was and didn't need to be moved to the storage room. She realized that it would be quite a hassle to do it on her own. Luckily, Minjoo had a different plan for the machine, and it also seemed that the machine was no longer functional, considering she had built it when she was in high school.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Seoul, March 18, 2040

 

This morning, the fresh air enveloped Dahyun and Minjoo's journey to the airport. They sat in the car, the morning sun illuminating the road and creating a bright atmosphere. Nayeon sat in the back seat with a gentle smile, ready for her work trip.

 

"Are you ready, eonnie?" Dahyun asked Nayeon with a smile.

 

Nayeon nodded, "Ne, Dahyun. Thank you for taking me to the airport early in the morning."

 

"Ah, it's okay, eonnie," Dahyun replied cheerfully.

 

While keeping an eye on the road, Dahyun accidentally pressed the brake harder as the traffic light suddenly turned red. Their bodies swayed slightly due to the sudden stop, and Minjoo grabbed onto the door handle with a surprised expression.

 

"Appa, are you okay?" Minjoo asked with concern.

 

Dahyun chuckled softly, "Haha, sorry, Minjoo. I was just surprised because the traffic light turned red suddenly."

 

Minjoo shook her head, smiling wryly, "Appa, please be more careful, or I might get motion sickness if this keeps up."

 

Laughing, Dahyun nodded in agreement, "Ne, I will be more careful."

 

Upon arriving at the airport, Dahyun helped Nayeon retrieve her belongings from the trunk. Minjoo assisted in arranging the suitcases on the trolley and laughed when one of the suitcases almost fell.

 

"Aigoo, this suitcase seems to want to join us, Minjoo-ya," Dahyun joked as he held onto the suitcase that almost fell.

 

Minjoo joined in the laughter, "Seems like it, appa. Or maybe it wants to come back home."

 

Nayeon laughed along, watching the cute scene between Dahyun and Minjoo. "Both of you always manage to brighten up the atmosphere."

 

After arranging all the belongings neatly, they walked towards the departure gate. Nayeon gave a warm hug to Dahyun and Minjoo.

 

"Dahyun, Minjoo. Take good care of the house while I'm gone," Nayeon said affectionately.

 

"Of course, eonnie. Have a safe journey and let me know when you arrive," Dahyun said with a smile.

 

"Bye, aunty. Don't forget to bring back souvenirs!" Minjoo added, waving her hand.

 

With smiles and nods, Nayeon walked towards the departure gate. Dahyun and Minjoo waved until Nayeon disappeared from their view.

 

"Now, after sending off aunty Nayeon, what do you want to do, Minjoo-ya?" Dahyun asked.

 

Minjoo thought for a moment, then excitedly said, "How about we stop by a cafe and enjoy some ice cream?"

 

Dahyun smiled, "Sounds like a great plan, Minjoo-ya."

 

.

.

 

After Dahyun and Minjoo's car had disappeared from view, a luxurious car glided smoothly towards the same spot. The car shimmered under the morning sun, exuding opulence and grandeur.

 

The car eventually came to a gentle stop at the airport entrance. The car door was opened by a well-dressed and imposing man, ready to step out with confident strides.

 

It turned out that the man was Mr. Yoo, Yujin's appa. His steady and self-assured gait reflected his leadership and status.

 

With a calm expression, he walked towards the departure gate. Around him, a few people were whispering and paying their respects to the figure passing by.

 

As the door of Mr. Yoo's private plane opened, he saw his secretary waiting with important files that needed to be brought along. With a faint smile, Mr. Yoo approached the small table near the plane's window where his secretary was sitting.

 

"Good morning. Is everything ready for departure?" Mr. Yoo asked politely.

 

"Everything is ready, Mr. Yoo. I have prepared all the files and arrangements well," his secretary answered firmly and professionally.

 

Mr. Yoo sat down beside his secretary, observing the scattered files on the small table. However, his hand suddenly moved, gently gripping his secretary's hand. Before he could continue, his secretary's hand quickly brushed away the touch.

 

"Mr. Yoo, you should refrain from making inappropriate contact with a woman, especially if she's not your wife," his secretary said firmly, emphasizing the words "not your wife."

 

Mr. Yoo let out a soft sigh, "Nay, how many times do I have to explain that I have no feelings for her?"

 

"But she's your wife now. You should respect your marriage and forget your past with me," his secretary said as she stood up from her seat and moved away.

 

It turned out that Mr. Yoo's secretary was Nayeon, Minjoo's aunty. Jeongyeon, better known as Mr. Yoo, wanted to approach Nayeon to provide further explanation, but a flight attendant arrived with a sweet smile.

 

"Excuse me, Mr. Yoo. The plane is about to take off. Please fasten your seatbelt," the flight attendant said politely.

 

Mr. Yoo let out a long sigh as he couldn't do anything more. As the plane started to move and took off from the runway, he watched the airport scenery growing distant. No one heard the whispers of his heart that he kept hidden, or saw the expression on his face reflecting deep internal conflict.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Seoul, March 19, 2040

 

The school bell rang loudly, filling the quiet school corridors that would soon be replaced by the voices of students as the bell marked the end of today's lessons filled with assignments and learning activities. Now, Minjoo was getting ready to go home and had an idea to invite her friends to her new house.

 

"Hey, how about all of you come over to my house today?" Minjoo invited with a smile.

 

Yuri, Nako, and Hichan enthusiastically agreed to Minjoo's invitation, curious about what her new house looked like.

 

"Really? I'm in then! I'm so curious about your new house!" Yuri exclaimed with excitement.

 

"I'll join too, Minjoo-ya. I want to see how your room looks after you've cleaned it up," Nako added with a smile.

 

Hichan nodded in agreement. "I'm in too, Minjoo. You mentioned having a pet now, right? I want to see it!"

 

Minjoo smiled happily at her friends' enthusiasm. They walked together towards Minjoo's house, laughing and discussing their plans to hang out.

 

Upon arriving at Minjoo's house, they were amazed by the beautiful and well-maintained building. Minjoo proudly opened the door and invited her friends inside.

 

As they entered the house, Minjoo's friends were wide-eyed with amazement. The living room looked comfortable and tidy, with elegant furnishings and warm color choices.

 

But what was most astonishing was when Minjoo opened the door to her new room. The room was bathed in soft light coming through the windows, creating a cozy and pleasant atmosphere.

 

"Wow, this room is amazing, Minjoo-ya!" Yuri exclaimed in awe, her eyes sparkling.

 

"It's really great, Minjoo-ya. Your room is so beautiful!" Nako added with a smile.

 

Hichan could only nod in agreement, captivated by the beauty of Minjoo's room.

 

Minjoo smiled and felt proud of her new room that had impressed her friends. They all walked around the room, inspecting the details and decorations that were neatly arranged.

 

Suddenly, their attention was drawn to a slightly different corner of the room. There, some scientific tools and devices that seemed a bit old-fashioned were placed. It looked like an unfinished project, with notes and sketches adorning its surface.

 

"What's this, Minjoo?" Hichan asked, pointing to the project in the corner.

 

Minjoo smiled widely, excited to share about the project. "This is a project my appa created when he was in high school. He used to create various gadgets, and this is one of his leftover scientific experiments."

 

Her friends became even more interested and approached the project, examining the sketches and notes closely.

 

"Wow, how fascinating!" Yuri exclaimed with admiration.

 

"Your appa must be really intelligent, Minjoo-ya," Nako added with a smile.

 

Hichan nodded in agreement. "Seriously, this is incredible. I've never seen a project like this before."

 

Minjoo beamed with pride, happy to share and show one of her appa's creations to her friends.

 

.

.

 

The day grew darker, casting elongated shadows along the streets. The four friends, Minjoo, Yuri, Nako, and Hichan, didn't realize how quickly time had passed. They were too engrossed in their conversations and games inside Minjoo's new house, as well as by Minjoo's adorable and charming pet rabbit.

 

From downstairs, a voice called out, "Kim Minjoo-ya, come here quickly and bring your friends for dinner!"

 

The call came from Dahyun, who had prepared dinner for all of them at the dining table. Minjoo cheerfully shouted back, "Yes, appa!"

 

"Let's go downstairs and have dinner," Minjoo invited her friends, who quickly nodded in agreement.

 

Gathering around the dining table, which was filled with delicious dishes, they began to enjoy their dinner.

 

The food prepared by Minjoo's appa was truly delicious and appetizing. Yuri let out a sound of admiration after the first bite, "Daebak! This is so good!"

 

Minjoo's appa smiled widely upon hearing this, "Gomawo~, everyone. If you want more, feel free to help yourselves!"

 

"Definitely!" Nako exclaimed enthusiastically, followed by cheerful laughter from the others.

 

After finishing dinner, the four of them worked together to clean the dining table and wash the dishes. Minjoo's appa suggested that her friends stay overnight, considering it was getting late and the next day was a holiday. "Why don't you all stay over? Tomorrow is a holiday, so you don't need to rush home."

 

They all agreed with the suggestion. Minjoo smiled and looked at her friends, "Do you agree? We can spend more time together."

 

Yuri, Nako, and Hichan exchanged smiles and nodded in agreement, "Of course, Minjoo-ya!"

 

A little while later, as Minjoo and her friends were gathered in front of the television, Dahyun bid farewell to Minjoo and her friends to go to work. Dahyun promised that he would be back as soon as possible, which would actually be in the morning.

 

Minjoo nodded with a smile. "Ne, appa. Have a safe trip and may your work go smoothly!"

 

Dahyun grinned. "Ne, Minjoo-ya! Don't wait up for me too long. I'll definitely be back before sunrise or after." He ended with a small chuckle.

 

As Dahyun left, Yuri looked at Minjoo with a curious expression. "Minjoo, why is your samchon going to work at night?"

 

Minjoo smiled softly. "My appa owns a bar that only opens at night until morning. He also works as a bartender there."

 

Nako was surprised. "Jamkkanman? Your appa works as a bartender?"

 

Minjoo nodded. "Ne, but actually, she's also the owner of the bar. She enjoys making drinks and creating a pleasant atmosphere for the guests."

 

Hichan looked at Minjoo with admiration. "That's so cool! I want to visit your appa's bar someday."

 

Minjoo beamed with pride. "Sure, you're all welcome to come when you're of age, of course. My appa would be happy."

 

With a warm and laughter-filled atmosphere, the night continued with stories and laughter inside Minjoo's house. They even decided to wear Minjoo's pajamas and spend the night, creating moments that they would always cherish.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Seoul, March 20, 2040

 

The next morning, a warm atmosphere and the sunlight welcomed them at Minjoo's house. Sunrays streamed in through the windows, casting dancing shadows on the floor. The morning air felt fresh and invigorating. The four friends felt energized.

 

Laughter and cheerful conversations filled the rooms. Yuri, Nako, and Hichan had woken up with bright faces, and they gathered in the kitchen with hungry stomachs.

 

Minjoo had prepared the breakfast table meticulously. She felt grateful for the opportunity to be with her friends on this beautiful morning, as she had never felt like this before. On the table lay an array of dishes that Dahyun had prepared the previous night.

 

"Yeoreobun, let's sit down," Minjoo said.

 

They all sat down enthusiastically. Minjoo then went to the kitchen and carefully reheated the dishes that were already there. The enticing aroma of the food filled the air, teasing their appetites.

 

"My appa really made delicious food last night, didn't he?" Minjoo said while taking the plates. "I'll just heat it up again."

 

Nako smiled. "It's alright, Minjoo-ya. I'm sure it's still delicious because it was cooked by your samchon."

 

Once everything was laid out on the table, they began to enjoy their breakfast. A joyful atmosphere and laughter accompanied every bite.

 

When breakfast was finished, the four of them worked together to clear the table and wash the dishes. They did it all with cheerfulness, working together while joking and laughing.

 

After the chores were done, the four of them decided to take turns showering. Each person felt refreshed after the shower, ready for the next activities. They played with Minjoo's pet rabbit together.

 

Time flew by quickly, until they were all sitting together in the living room. "Wow, time really flew by so fast," Yuri said with a hint of disappointment.

 

Minjoo nodded in agreement. "Indeed, but I'm so glad I could spend this time with all of you."

 

Nako smiled. "I feel the same way. Thank you, Minjoo-ya."

 

Hichan added, "We should do this more often at other times!"

 

Minjoo looked at her friends with joy. "Of course, we'll have plenty of other opportunities to gather."

 

Finally, the time came to bid farewell. They all stood up and hugged, feeling the warmth of friendship among them.

 

"Thank you for everything, friends," Minjoo said sincerely.

 

Yuri replied with a smile, "We feel the same way, Minjoo-ya."

 

Nako nodded. "Goodbye, Minjoo. Don't hesitate to invite us again next time."

 

Hichan gave the final hug. "Definitely, we'll always be ready to have fun together."

 

.

.

.

 

With Minjoo's heart pounding, she heard a loud thud as if someone had just fallen, coming from her room. She paused for a moment, her mind on alert, but quickly brushed it off, assuming it might be one of her belongings falling. She was too engrossed in playing with her friends and her rabbit to linger on other thoughts.

 

Back in the living room, Minjoo rejoined her friends in a game filled with laughter and excitement. They played, talked, and shared stories, completely immersed in the moment.

 

As the day grew brighter, Minjoo escorted her friends to the front of her house as they were about to leave. They exchanged hugs and farewells, watching them walk away with a sense of satisfaction.

 

However, as Minjoo turned back towards her house, a noise reached her ears from her room. This time, it was different—louder and more disturbing.

 

She felt a mix of confusion and curiosity, but she suppressed it. Her friends had just left, and she didn't want to keep them waiting.

 

With a deep breath, she resisted the urge to investigate and instead waved goodbye to her departing friends.

 

As they disappeared around the bend, Minjoo finally gave in to her curiosity. She returned to her house, feeling a sense of discomfort as she opened the front door, stepped inside, and closed it behind her.

 

Walking through the hallway, Minjoo stopped briefly, listening intently. The sounds seemed to be coming from her room, growing louder and clearer. With cautious steps, she headed towards her room, her heart pounding in her chest.

 

She gently pushed the door open, but just before her bedroom door was fully ajar, she heard a faint voice from inside asking, "Nuguseyo?" (Who is it?)

 

When her bedroom door was fully open, Minjoo's eyes widened in surprise as she saw the scene before her—or rather, the person in her bedroom.

 

With a wildly beating heart, Minjoo entered her room and was taken aback to see a beautiful girl standing there. However, as she looked more closely, Minjoo realized that the girl also appeared quite handsome. Confused and puzzled, Minjoo shook her head, trying to dispel the momentary doubt.

 

But her gaze returned to the girl. She saw a captivating face with sharp features that held her in a trance. It was as if she were glued to that sight.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side, almost simultaneously, Minjoo opened her bedroom door with a still pounding heart. The girl suddenly turned her gaze towards the bedroom door, her heart also racing. Their eyes met in an instant. In that brief moment, an intense gaze locked between them, as if time stood still.

 

The girl appeared surprised, her face reflecting confusion. Minjoo could see a mix of astonishment and uncertainty in her eyes, creating a perplexing expression. Yet, amidst her confusion, she still exuded an incredible allure.

 

They continued to gaze at each other, and the tension in the room grew palpable. Minjoo felt adrenaline rushing through her, intensifying her confusion and curiosity.

 

Who is this girl? What is she doing in my room? How did she get in? And most importantly, what did she do with my appa project? These questions swirled in Minjoo's mind, deepening her uncertainty.

 

Then, Minjoo shook her head again, attempting to shake off her confusion. She decided to take a closer look at the girl. The girl was wearing a school uniform, but something was odd.

 

The attire seemed familiar to Minjoo, yet she couldn't place where she had seen it. Had it been in a book she read or perhaps in a photo? Minjoo delved into her memory, but nothing came to mind clearly.

 

What she did know was that the clothing was a school uniform typically worn by boys, not girls.

 

Her steps were hesitant as she approached the girl. Her mind grew more muddled, and she felt trapped in this oddity. She mustered her courage and decided to ask the girl.

 

"Ji-jigeum yeogiseo mwohaeyo?" (What are you doing here right now?) Minjoo asked with a tremble in her voice, trying to contain her confusion.

 

The girl tried to remain calm and offered a friendly smile, although it still felt a bit awkward, and her gentle voice sounded. "Mianhamnida, you must be surprised. I seem to be stuck here."

 

Minjoo was taken aback by her soft yet somewhat masculine voice that felt oddly familiar. She grew more puzzled. This girl was clearly speaking like a boy, yet her appearance remained beautiful.

 

In an instant, Minjoo's mind returned to a blurry memory, and she remembered having seen an image of a girl like this. But where?

 

"Could you tell me who you are?" Minjoo asked, her eyes b with curiosity.

 

Seemingly more composed, the girl began to display her smile and answered Minjoo's question calmly and succinctly, "I'm Kim Dahyun."

 

.

.

.

.

 

Seoul, March 20, 2016

 

They decided to search for books and information sources that could help them gain a deeper understanding of dimensions and time travel. For several hours, they immersed themselves in research, discussions, and attempts to comprehend complex concepts.

 

Suddenly, Chaeyoung stopped reading and looked towards the still-operating machine. "Tzuyu-ya, look at this!" she exclaimed, pointing at a section in Dahyun's notebook.

 

Tzuyu and Nayeon approached Chaeyoung and looked at the indicated section. "What is it?"

 

Chaeyoung smiled with excitement. "This is the manual for the machine. I think we might find answers here."

 

They began to read the notebook carefully, trying to understand the functions and possible settings of the machine. A little later, Tzuyu came across a section that caught her attention.

 

"Eonnie, listen to this. In emergency situations or dimension failures, this machine has an automatic return function that activates protection for the user and returns them to the original dimension."

 

Nayeon, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu exchanged enthusiastic glances. "This migh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter