CHAPTER TWO: After LIKE.

Unspoken melodies of love

~The next morning~

As we prepared for our debut performance, Hellevator, nerves and excitement filled the air. We had rehearsed tirelessly, making sure every dance move and vocal harmony was flawless. The day finally arrived, and we stepped onto the stage, feeling a rush of adrenaline like never before.

After our performance, JYP said, "congrats, you two get to debut as twostar." 

Tears of joy streamed down our faces as we realized that all of our hard work and sacrifices had paid off. We had made our dreams come true, and we had done it together. In that moment, I couldn't help but think that sometimes, the most extraordinary things happen when you least expect them. And in that moment, I knew that Soojin and I were destined to make music together, forever.

~•~•~•~•~

As the days went by, we diligently prepared yet another song, this time titled "After LIKE." Our time was consumed by hours spent in the studio, recording our individual parts with precision. We also dedicated countless hours to perfecting our synchronized dance routine, ensuring every move was flawlessly executed. The company provided us with a mini studio where we gathered to practice, write songs, and record various sections, all in an attempt to create a mini album that would soon be released.

After our intense studio sessions, we returned to our shared dorm, which resembled more of a cozy studio apartment. It consisted of a single bed and a solitary bathroom. In our room, a bunk bed was present, with me occupying the top bunk and Soojin resting on the bottom. Despite the limited space, we made the most of it, cherishing the moments we spent together.

As another week passed, we continued to set up a few more songs, refining our performances and dance routines. The culmination of our hard work was a highly anticipated showcase. The night before the showcase, I found myself lying in bed, restlessly tossing and turning, consumed by nerves. It seemed impossible to find solace in sleep. Just as I was about to give up on the idea of rest, I heard Soojin's voice break the silence, asking if I too was struggling to find sleep.

"yeah i'm really nervous for tomorrow." I replied, my voice filled with apprehension.

"Me too," Soojin confessed. "Would you like me to join you up there? We can talk and perhaps ease our minds a little before bed." Her offer brought a sense of comfort, and I gratefully accepted. She climbed onto the top bunk with me, and we found solace in each other's presence. As we engaged in heartfelt conversation, our worries began to dissipate, gradually replaced by a sense of camaraderie and support. 

As Soojin and I found solace in each other's presence on the top bunk bed, our conversation gradually shifted from nerves to more personal topics. We shared stories, dreams, and fears, creating an intimate bond that seemed to grow stronger with each passing moment. The weight of our worries began to lift, replaced by a newfound sense of comfort and understanding.

Amidst one of our heartfelt conversations, Soojin's delicate hand reached up, gently brushing a stray strand of hair away from my face. A tingling sensation coursed through my body, and in that fleeting instant, time stood still, and it dawned on me that my feelings for Soojin transcended the boundaries of mere friendship; how could a single thing cause me to feel this much?

My heart raced as I gazed into her eyes. I couldn't reveal this truth, fearing that confessing my affection would jeopardize our bond. She would think I'm insane and abandon me. The realization washed over me like a powerful wave, leaving me with a sense of unease. I had never experienced such intense emotions for someone before, and the thought of losing her to these feelings terrified me. It had only been a month, and yet I was already consumed by such overwhelming feelings. 

But as we lay there, I couldn't deny the truth to myself any longer. I had fallen for Soojin, i couldnt tell if in that moment or before, but the mere thought of a life without her was unimaginable.

Sensing my silence, she gently inquired, "Are you alright?"

I mustered a lie, "Yeah, I think I'm just starting to feel tired."

She gave me a understanding look and then opened her arms, inviting me into her embrace. I obliged, and as exhaustion overcame us, we drifted off to sleep.