I Dare You

Not that Average

1 Hour Ago: 

Minho’s POV

 

I was talking to my friends in a cafe when my attention averted to this lady that just came in. Her dressing was simple, but she still looked pretty. She looked for a table to sit and sat at the table across ours. She took out a book and read it. From time to time, I would see her dazing off and watching around. Probably she was waiting for someone.

 

‘Yah Minho, pay attention’ my focus was changed from her to my group of friends. Awhile later, her friend came in and I managed to see her smiled. I heard her friend called her name. Song Jaeah. 

 

Again i focused on my friends but I couldn’t help occasionally looking at her direction. Her group of friends were talking when suddenly another one of their friend came. This time round, all attention were at that friend, well even some of my friends’s attention. However, my attention was still at that lady named Jaeah. Once again, I could see that smile. 

 

‘Wow, isn’t that lady that just came in pretty?’ One of my friend asked. Everyone agreed but meh she was ok to me. I looked at Jaeah’s table again. I realised her expression seemed abit uncomfortable. She was not smiling as much as before that friend of hers came. 

 

‘Minho, listen to me. I’m telling you, there’s this friend of mine that’s really pretty and she wants to have at least 1 date with you. Cmon, give her a chance.’ One of my friends convinced me. Again this topic. My friends were always trying to set me up on a blind date or doing their friends a favour to ask me out. But Im just not interested. As usual I rejected the idea.

 

‘If i were you, I would date around if I was that good looking.’ Another friend remarked. Don’t tell me you are still hanging to your past relationship.’ This other friend said. This guy always knew how to tick me off. I told him not to be ridiculous and said I have moved on long ago. 

 

‘Ok if you really have moved on, I dare you to go to that table and asked the pretty lady out’ he dared me, pointing at Jaeah’s table. All attention were at the other table.

 

As much as I don’t want to entertain him but I hated to have him thinking that he was right. I had to prove him wrong. ‘Sure.’ I stood up and head towards the table. 

I felt slightly nervous. This was so not me. My steps stopped as I reached the table. The group of ladies looked at me. 

 

‘Sorry Miss, but if you don’t mind, may i get your number?’ I mustered my courage and asked. 

 

The table was silent. So was the person I asked from. She seemed shocked but the other expressions seemed more shocked.

 

‘May I?’ I asked again. 

 

She finally reacted and keyed in her number. I called her number so that she could saved mine. I thanked her and returned back to my seat. 

 

Truthfully, I kinda glad I did this dare. I sat down and rejoined my friends. ‘Yah pabo, i told you to ask the pretty lady not that one.’ my irritating friend said. 

‘Yes. The pretty lady. She’s the prettiest to me.’ I replied casually. I looked at the lady’s table and she was looking at me too. I smiled and she smiled back at me faintly. I looked at my phone and saved her contact. Jaeah. Song Jaeah. 

 

And with that, that just made my day.