Introduction

Not that Average

Intro:

‘Sorry Miss, but if you don’t mind, may I get your number?’.

 

1hr ago:

Jaeah’s POV

 

It was the day that Jaeah would meet with her group of friends. It had been a while since she met up with them. Everyone were busy with their lives and scheduling a day to meet up was difficult. Finally their schedules matched and they decided to meet today. 

 

Jaeah ended early and decided to take her time before the meet up. With her headphones on, she walked pass the streets, looking around, observing people and the surrounding. She entered the cafe, where the meet up would be at, and searched for a place to sit. Still with her headphones on, she listened to her playlist while reading a book. From time to time, she would stop and looked around. Observing the cafe, or observing the people around. She loves to do that. 

 

A few minutes before the meet up, Jaeah checked herself out from her phone camera, adjusting her hair which was tied up in a messy low bun. She fixed her black long sleeve shirt and wiped her blue jeans. She wondered why she was feeling nervous. Perhaps because it had been awhile since she met her friends.

 

‘Song Jaeah~’ someone called excitedly as she head towards the table. Both of them hugged, sat down and talked. A while later, 2 others came and soon the table was filled but still incomplete. The group continued talking but it was stopped when the last of them entered the cafe. The attention was averted to the lady. Not just her friends but several others in the cafe were also looking at her when she entered. She knew it and she knew even better that she likes the stare.

 

‘Wahhh Lee Bona. You are still as beautiful since middle school.’ as they embraced their friend that just came. Finally the group was complete. All of them talked and updated about their lives. Well mostly the attention was on Bona, talking about her perfect life. Bona was dressed very posh. She is a natural beauty and she looked effortlessly groomed. No one could beat her in terms of beauty since middle school. Jaeah is pretty but unlike Bona, she’s considered pretty average. Bona was always ‘that’ girl. 

 

‘So Jaeah, how’s your life? Don’t tell me no changes?’ Bona asked while laughing abit, looking at the others. Soon all eyes were on Jaeah. Yes. This exact moment was why Jaeah was nervous just now. Updating others on her mundane life. ‘Well still the same old me hahaha.’ Jaeah replied sheepishly, drinking her drink. Hoping the attention would move to the next person. 

 

‘Come on don’t tell me no boyfriend? What are you trying to be? A nun?’ Bona made a joke. The others laughed along. Seeing her friends laughed, Jaeah took no offense and laughed. The conversation continued with another topic and the group of friends enjoyed as the time past.

 

Bona suddenly changed the topic. ‘Don’t turn around, but across our table there’s a group of guys and 1 of them is super cute and handsome’. The rest tried to steal glances to look behind. 

 

‘Omo, the handsome guy is coming over to our table. I bet he is coming over to talk to me. He has been looking at me since just now.’ Bona tucked her hair behind her ear and pretended to look away. 

 

Indeed the handsome guy came over and stopped at their table. He asked a question. 

 

‘Sorry Miss, but if you don’t mind, may I get your number?’. 
 

He was looking at Jaeah, and Jaeah was looking at him. The eyes from both Jaeah’s table and the handsome guy’s table were at them. 

 

‘Ne? Me?’ Jaeah asked in disbelieved. 

 

Jaeah just stared not knowing what to answer. Her eyes turned to Bona. This had never happened before. Never. 

 

‘May I?’ He asked again, his phone facing her.