that Confession

that WenRene Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Confession

 

 

A/N : let's go back to the past moments for now ^^

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

"...the new trainee from Canada is just so good at singing... " one trainee shared, while the others also nodded their heads. 

 

 

 

"she has an angelic voice... "

 

 

"like literally, she's like the kindest girl, always giving out snacks and water... "

 

 

"she's actually a weird unnie... " another young trainee commented. 

 

 

"Kim Yerim... " Bae Joohyun glared at the younger girl beside her after her comment. 

 

 

"Why? it's true, doesn't she know that she's in a competition? everyone wanted to debut, she shouldn't be kind to everyone or is it just her way to get the teachers favor? didn't you heard that teacher Jang Jin Young called her the future main vocalist of SM girl group..."

 

 

 

"Well, with her voice she surely deserves that spot... " Joohyun answered as a matter of fact. 

Yerim just made face and shook her head at her before leaving. 

 

 

 

Joohyun who was left, just stayed where she was standing and continues to watch and listen to the new trainee sings with a smile on her lips. 

 

 

 

"Want some water?.. " Joohyun looks up to the source and was surprised to see a new face, so she just dumbly stared at her especially to her sunshine smiles. 

 

 

 

"Ahm, sorry I haven't introduced myself, Wendy Son, korean name Son Seung Wan, I'm from Canada..." the new trainee introduces herself, as Joohyun just remained staring at her, until Seung Wan coughs that finally wakes up Joohyun from her reverie and realized that the younger girl was waiting for her to accept her handshake. 

 

 

"Oh, yes, Bae Joohyun... " finally she accepts her hand a bit embarrassed. 

 

 

"Nice to meet you Bae Joohyun~ssi or unnie?.. I'm born in 1994.."

 

 

 

"1991... "

 

 

"Oh then it's unnie, sorry you look younger than your age so...uhmm or do you prefer to be called sunbae instead?... " Seung Wan asked a little timid. 

 

 

 

"Unnie is fine... "

 

 

 

"then it's really nice to meet you Joohyun unnie... " the younger girl once again smiled so happily at her, that made Joohyun's heart skipped a beat. 

 

 

 

until Joohyun found herself looking forward to each day to watch Seung Wan sings. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

SM started a project that will introduce their trainees to the public as SM Rookies, and there's only selected trainees that are given the chance to be part of it, this program is a big edge for them to build a fanbase even before official debut. 

 

 

Even though it still felt surreal for Seung Wan to be given this chance despite only having almost a year of training, she felt proud of herself, and it's all because of her hardworks, that finally she's already near in achieving her dreams. But because she was given this kind of chance, she also gained those people who always talks ill about her, she knew it's inevitable when most of the trainees have been part of SM for years. 

It's a lie if she says it doesn't affect her, but it didn't stop her to prove herself, she still acts the same way towards them, she even bravely faces the criticism and prejudice of her co-trainees towards her, but of course without resulting to a fight, like how she faces that younger trainee with a name of Kim Yerim in one of the restroom at the company's building, asking her if she ever did something wrong to her, that she will try to fix it. Being kind to others is already in her nature, even though they would talk bad about her, she will just repay it with kindness instead. 

And that's how Joohyun sees her, that made her more drawn to her. 

 

 

 

Until the final cut for SM's newest girl group has finally been made. 

 

Seung Wan was greeted happily by her vocal teacher. 

 

 

"the day that you've been waiting for has finally come Wendy~ah... "

 

 

 

"Teacher, is it? " her teacher just smiled knowingly and pointed her to go inside a meeting room. 

With thumping heart Seung Wan opened the door and was greeted by everyone who are inside the room. She bowed to each one, even though 3 girls inside the room are already familiar to her, especially Seulgi who easily became closer to her for both being 94line. The girl was even smiling excitedly at her, mouthing the words "we're going to debut together". Until her eyes landed to the pretty unnie who gave her a smile of her own. 

 

 

That meeting now sealed their future, as it was announced to them that they're going to prepare for their official debut as Red Velvet. But after the meeting, Joohyun noticed Seung Wan's uneasiness, she doesn't know if it's because she's already feeling her leader responsibility or she just really cared for this particular future member. Seulgi and Joy immediately bid farewell to them as they were both excited to share the good news with their families. Seung Wan and Joohyun on the other hand can only just call their parents to announced the good news since they both live faraway especially Seung Wan whose parents are in Canada. 

 

 

 

Seung Wan just sighed after talking to her parents without noticing that Joohyun was actually waiting for her. 

 

 

"are you done?, let's grab some snacks... "

 

 

 

"m-me? " Joohyun chuckled when she looks unsure. 

 

 

 

"of course you, who else?... "

 

 

---

 

 

They both settled at the rooftop, eating the flavored bread that they bought. Until Seung Wan was comfortable enough to share what makes her a little uneasy. 

 

 

"I honestly thought that they're gonna debut me as a soloist... "

 

 

 

"Why? don't you want to debut with us?... " Joohyun sounded a little disappointed that made Seung Wan suddenly nervous. 

 

 

 

"Huh? n-no, of course I love to debut with you guys...s-sorry if I offended you with that, it's just...it's just I don't think being an idol will suit me... " she stutteredly explained. 

 

 

"Why?.. " Seung Wan stared down at her fingers, while Joohyun waits for her answer. Seung Wan glances at her but can't even look straightly at her eyes. 

 

 

 

"It's just you girls are all pretty, like really pretty and I don't think I can fit in... " Seung Wan said embarrassed but Joohyun suddenly pulled her chin to face her that made the younger girl quite surprised. 

 

 

 

"But you're pretty too Seung Wan...and I'm telling you this because I'm really looking right now at something so beautiful and it was you... " those words is too cheesy but the way Joohyun said those is way too sincere that made Seung Wan blushed, she suddenly wanted to hide her face but Joohyun was still holding her chin. 

 

 

 

"for sure our future fans will see the same thing too... " Joohyun added after some time and after letting go of Seung Wan's chin. 

 

 

 

 

"Not just that but I'm also bad at dancing... " Seung Wan pouted to ease the sudden loud beating of her heart. 

 

 

 

"then I'll personally teach and watch you... "

 

 

"W-what?... "

 

 

"I know you're more comfortable with Seulgi, but she's already busy teaching Sooyoung...so I'll just personally watch over you... "

 

 

 

Seung Wan remained staring at her with her shock expression that made Joohyun laugh out loud. 

 

 

 

"Yah, your expression looks so funny... "

 

 

"It's because of you unnie, you keep surprising me.. " Joohyun just keeps on laughing, that eventually made Seung Wan smiles the same too, taking away all the uneasiness she has for this debut. 

 

 

"I would love to hear your laugh everyday... "

 

 

 

---

 

Their schedule became hectic prior to their debut as they all prepare diligently, not until a problem arise that happened to Wendy. She suddenly had vocal nodules while in the midst of preparing for their debut. She can't sing for awhile that made her even more restless. She cried for nights while contacting her parents, the members are worried for her, but moreover Joohyun keeps her on track not to give up easily. Joohyun was firm and it helps Seung Wan to gather herself and continue to sing. Eventually she found a way to use her voice more properly even though she couldn't sing the same way as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter