it's skincare time

i miss hyewon

The second Chaewon turned off the faucet, she could hear Hyeju screaming in the living room. She giggled at the stream of profanities that left that girl’s lips and hurried to dry her body and wrap the towel around herself before leaving the bathroom. She leaned against the wall and observed Hyeju for a bit.

“That ing son of a !” she yelled again, gripping the controller in her hands as the game over showed on the screen.

“You trying to kill that three-headed dragon thingie?” Chaewon asked, stepping inside the living room.

Hyeju turned around on the couch, widening her eyes at the sight.

“Y-Yeah. Freaking Gleeoks, I swear to god. And I thought the Lynels were hard to kill…”

“You got this.” Chaewon kissed the top of her head.

Hyeju looked up with her adorable pout. “I know why I couldn’t kill it. Because you weren’t here to cheer me on. Now I’mma kill it first try, just watch it.”

“Cute, but I need to go get dressed and dry my hair. But you can do it! I’m sure you’ll have done it when I come back.”

Fire burned in Hyeju’s eyes. “I will.”

Chaewon spun on her heels but a hand grabbed her wrist.

“My good luck kiss, Chaewonie.”

Facing her, Chaewon gently held her chin and leaned down, pressing their lips together.

“Good luck,” Chaewon whispered, their lips still brushing, and Hyeju stole another peck before Chaewon could go into their room to change.

The living room was silent now as Chaewon put on some clothes. But even with the blow dryer on, she heard Hyeju’s victorious shout a few minutes later. She smiled to herself, as if seeing the one in Hyeju’s face. She hurried up her skincare routine and grabbed the products before going back to the living room.

“I killed it!” Hyeju’s smile was just like Chaewon imagined it.

“I know, I heard you. I knew you could do it. But now pause the game, it’s skincare time.”

A frown replaced the smile on Hyeju’s face. “But I just killed the Gleeok, I’m fired up! I wanna keep playing.”

“And you can, after this. It’s five minutes, I promise.”

“Only if you do it.”

Chaewon rolled her eyes and chuckled. “Like literally every time? You don’t need to ask.”

Hyeju paused the game and placed the controller on the coffee table before fixing her posture and sitting straight against the couch.

“Head back and eyes closed.” Chaewon sat next to her.

She complied, getting herself comfy. Chaewon took a cotton disk and the cleanser and started cleaning Hyeju’s skin, slowly as she liked. But while Hyeju was comfortably sitting against the couch, Chaewon wasn’t. So she hopped on Hyeju’s lap, a leg on each side. Hyeju opened her eyes, looking her up and down.

“Shhh, close your eyes.” Chaewon kept rubbing the cotton pad against her cheeks.

Without a word, Hyeju complied. After the cleansing step was completed, Chaewon fetched her phone and played a lo-fi playlist from her Spotify, creating an even more comfy and pleasant atmosphere. And as slow as she could, she continued the routine, applying the next products, always with a face massage in the mix.

And she had no problem admitting she took her time to admire Hyeju’s features. No matter how much time passed since they started dating. Correcting, ever since she first saw her. Years ago… and still, it baffled her how someone could be so pretty. So cute, so beautiful, so adorable and gorgeous, but also so fierce and cool and intimidating. A perfect mix. A duality only Hyeju had.

Approaching, she kissed her lips again, still cupping her cheeks. Hyeju’s hands rested on her waist as a reflex. It was slow and tender, and Chaewon swore she could spend the rest of her life like that.

“Happy ending?” Hyeju smirked, pulling away for a second.

Chaewon irked an eyebrow, shaking her head. “I thought you wanted to play more Zelda.”

“She can wait for me to save her.”

Chaewon chuckled. “As if you would, anyway. You would hunt more monsters.”

“Damn right. But you’re sitting on my lap, kissing me. Do you really think I would trade that for hunting Gleeoks or Lynels?”

“Who knows.” Chaewon crossed her arms, looking away as if she was oh so uncertain.

“Chaewonie,” Hyeju’s already deep voice whispered near her ear, and a chill ran down her spine. “Those heavenly hands already did an amazing massage on my face, but I could really have them somewhere else, you know.”

Inhaling, Chaewon closed her eyes when Hyeju’s lips pressed against her neck.

“Bedroom, now.”

“Hm? I’m comfortable here.” Hyeju didn’t stop.

As always, Hyeju was the one asking, but also the one leading and making Chaewon squirm under her touch.

As always, Chaewon didn’t fight back.

---

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic