The Kiss Stealer

First Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dear Diary, 

 

I HATE, YOO JEONGYEON!

She's the most arrogant, self-assured, narcissistic person I have ever known. I hate her for coming here tonight. I hate that I opened the window. I hate that I even let her inside. I hate that she had stolen my first kiss that is meant for Momo, and I let her do it. FOR THAT, I HATE HER VERY MUCH!

Yours truly, NOT REALLY,

Mina"

 

With an agitated sigh Mina slammed her hardbound journal shut and rubbed furiously at her lips. She wanted to shout, she wanted to throw something, but that will get her in trouble if her parents hear her from downstairs. All she can do for now is cry. Cry for the loss of her dream. The dream of having to kiss Momo and be her first. "Why does it have to be Yoo Jeongyeon? That kiss stealing, dorky looking face, that- urgh!!!" She burried her face on her pillow and scream.

 

 

Few months earlier...

 

Jihyo snickered watching at her friend hovering over her journal. Mina was so fixated at whatever she was writing about, maybe the million ways on how to ask Momo out. "Poor girl," she thought. Mina had been sending signals that she likes their classmate, but the other one was either too shy to ask Mina out, or too daft to notice her friend's... charms.

She get it that Momo has nice abs and dance pretty well to anyone's standard, but- well, Mina is really a catch too. She can get anyone with a flick of a finger, except for Momo. That one is thick as a rock. With one shake of her head she throws a crampled paper at Mina's head to get her attention. Mina let out an annoyed groan before sending a glare at Jihyo. Jihyo just smiled cheekily, "What are you writing about, Shakespear?" she feigned ignorance. Mina shut her journal, "None of your business." she replied menacingly. Jihyo rolled her eyes, "Let me guess-" she taunts and Mina sent eye daggers to her direction daring her to utter a single word about someone in particular. 

 

Tzuyu noticed the two and she crouch closer to Jihyo startling the shorter girl of how close their faces were, "What are you two whispering about?" she asks in her quiet voice. Dahyun raises a brow at them and Jihyo had to nudge Tzuyu to sit back to her chair and not to cause trouble for the both of them. Dahyun was in charge of listing those who do not behave in class when their teacher is gone. Momo is munching something under her table to which Dahyun had already noted, while Sana is giggling over something she is reading on her phone. Momo glanced at the sudden controlled cringing of Sana and frowns. Chaeyoung is doodling over their exam paper to what seems to be an overgrown algae or to what Nayeon's description, "A hairy !"

 

Speaking of Nayeon, who is flaunting her yellow armband that has the insigna of "class president" that signifies her status to the whole school had sat slightly to her side, head propped on her right hand and kept staring at Dahyun. Jihyo really doesn't know what's going on her mind most of the time. And Tzuyu said that Nayeon is interesting because she is a special case. To which Jihyo assumed was a compliment. That's just how Tzuyu comes up with words that are supposed to be encomium, but sounded offensive at the same time. Yup. That's their class. A batch of weirdos with questionable personalities. 

 

"EHEMMM..." Jihyo didn't noticed when Dahyun stood and walk in front of the class. Too distracted with Mina and Tzuyu that she jerked when Dahyun suddenly cleared in front of their class, she had her famous notepads on her palm while grinning roguishly at them while she waits for everyones' attention. Nayeon is already sitting upright and staring in front while she waits to whatever the girl is about to say. Tzuyu picked a kernel from her snack and throw at Chaeyoung's head to get her attention. Jihyo laughs, but wave it off when Dahyun raises an eyebrow questioningly at her. Mina sighed and slumped forward, obviously sulking because Momo had never turn to look at her. 

 

"As I was about to say before I am rudely interrupted by all of your shenanigans." she said making sure to look at every single one of them and continued, "We have a new student coming in today. I know it is the teachers' job to announce this, but obviously she is not here today, is she?" Dahyun said proudly.

 

"Are you the class president now?" Sana questions jokingly while glancing at Nayeon, the taller girl smiles back at Sana and shrugs not minding one bit of Dahyun's initiative to handle their classmates. Dahyun return the smile to the class president, "Well, as you may see. Ms. Im seemed to be distracted today by my glowing skin, beautiful face, and-" everybody coughs disagreeingly at that. "I was just wondering why you always have that notepad with you as if you're an investigative reporter." Nayeon replied. 

 

"As I was saying, we have a new student coming in today." Dahyun said quickly and walked back to her seat embarrassed at how her classmates made fun of her self-proclaimed assets. "Yaaaaaah... It's okay, Dahyun-ah!" Sana said loudly while the others still laughs at her.

 

Not a moment too long and they saw their principal Park Jin Young walking along the corridor followed by a tall girl with a bob haircut wearing the same school uniform like they have. Thanks to the wide glass windows bordering their classroom and the corridor. Everyone glanced and follow their gazes at the two figures until they've reached the door, "She doesn't seem right in the head." Jihyo commented out loud that made the whole class burst into laughter including Dahyun. 

 

The door opened and Mr. Park gestured for the girl to go in first before he entered, everyone quieted down and looked at the girl as she hesitated while Mr. Park gave her an encouraging smile, silently saying, "Go ahead, they don't bite." The girl finally stepped into the treshhold and Sana beemed excitedly in awe, someone obviously gasps among them, while the rest gave the new girl a welcoming curious smiles. "Good morning, class!" Mr. Park greeted them before Dahyun can instruct the whole class for the salutation. Everyone stood exept Dahyun who is already standing and greet the principal with a bow. "This is your new classmate, Yoo Jeongyeon. I know it is in the middle of semester and everyone is already comfortable and acquainted with each other, but I do hope you'll welcome her like you welcome your friends. I do not want to hear any trouble about this. Is that clear?" both a question and a warning. The girls aren't new to school bullying and some students are quite about the new students, but Jihyo didn't think anyone in their class is one of those terrible people. They are weird and awkward bunch, but never the troublemakers. Well... except now. The new girl smirks, and waved. Sana said, "You're pretty." Jihyo's ears perked up at that comment and glared at the new girl. Well, she decided to be the prick in the class from that moment on. Momo and the rest also said, "yeppeuda" which prompted the new girl to shoot hearts and makes a flower pose to the group. Jihyo almost gagged at that. Even Mina was frowning at the new girl. Mina didn't look please at all, and that's Mina. Mina who is a decent and most nicest human being Jihyo had met is now glaring at the new student. 

 

Mr. Park gave additional instructions about their work and subjects before exiting the room leaving the new girl to fend for herself. Nayeon stood and rounded the new girl like a beast stalking her prey, Jihyo smiled at that, "So..." Nayeon started with a tilt of her chin and brandishing her bright yellow armband, "What school did you came from?" she asks. This girl, Jeongyeon. She's not like other girls. She doesn't looked like to be one that is easily get intimidated by other people and crossed her arms over her chest, "If I answer that question, will I get a first date with you?" that seemed to throw Nayeon off because she coughs and her cheeks reddens, "Cute." the new girl murmurs before turning to make a one sober at the class, pausing a little to stare at Jihyo before landing her gaze at the quiet blonde seating next to her, Jihyo swear she got a glimpsed of something in the new girl's eyes, "Hey!" she calls snapping her fingers prompting the new girl to look back at her, "You don't look like a new student. You feel very relax. Are you a repeater or something?" she accuses. Sana made a disagreeing tsking sound and butts in, "If she were a former student. I would know!" she says and gave Jeongyeon the flirty look she gives to every cute girl she meets. The new girl smiled at Sana shyly, and Jihyo snorted. 

 

"Everyone. Quiet down. Don't forget I am listing the names of those who are noisy. Including you, new kid!" Dahyun said pointing at the tall girl in front. "Kid? If I am a kid, what that makes you?" Jeongyeon asks, "A freaking baby!" the other shorter girl with a lot of doodle marks on her skin commented. Jeongyeon stared at the one who answered and smiles, "Another baby with an obsession of ink marks? Did your mom forgot to pack your drawing pad? Hence you resorted to vandalasing your own body?" Tzuyu stood up hearing those comments from the new girl and pointed a finger, "HEY! BE NICE!!!" she warns and Jeongyeon raised both palms in surrender, "Gees. I am not insulting your girlfriend. I am honestly, and plainly asking why she draws on her body." she says.

 

"She's not-" Tzuyu's nose flared and took a deep breathe, "my girlfriend." she said pointedly and sat back down. Jihyo patted her arm soothingly, "It's okay. She still doesn't get that you like her." Jihyo murmurs, which made Tzuyu's face beet red, "I'm- I- don't-" she stutters. 

 

"Shhhhh... it's okay." Jihyo said, both teasingly and assuringly. Chaeyoung really didn't catch up on Tzuyu's sudden outburst. Instead she raised her notebook to Jeongyeon and said, "Want to see my drawings?" Jeongyeon laughs, "Maybe later, Picasso. I'm busy trying to get acquianted with my future." Jeongyeon answered and darted her eyes back to Mina. Mina met her gaze and avoided it instantly by sticking her gaze at Momo's back. Momo glance around to see who's the new girl referring to and met Mina's eyes. Mina smiled widely and Momo waved at her shyly. Jeongyeon placed a hand over her chest, "Ouch!" she muttered. Jihyo laughs wholeheartedly while the others looked at her like she had lost her marbles. "I said quiet, everyone!" Dahyun warns one more time., "And, you!" she pointed at Jeongyeon "SIT DOWN!" she orders. Jeongyeon waved her hand in a placating manner and though she wanted to ask the girl's name- agitating the other students wasn't her top priority, so, she took the seat next to the girl with a yellow armband named Nayeon. Nayeon sauntered close to the new girl and so did Sana, Chaeyoung, even Momo had joined in their not so quiet conversation. Mina really hated the new girl. She's just new here and suddenly everyone are talking to her like they've known her for a very long time. What really irked Mina is how easily Momo had warmed up to this girl. She hates her face. Her arrogant, flirty, and cheeky smiles. She looks stupid with her annoying dry jokes. Not that she's paying attention to all of what is Jeongyeon is saying, but the way she makes Momo smiles and whined like they are best buddies. Momo even started making kissy faces at the girl to which she only reserves to those she had gotten close with, with the exception of Mina. She always wonder why Momo never kids around her with those kissy faces, or amiable affection she shows around Sana, Nayeon, Chaeyoung and most of the time to Dahyun. Momo chuckles and tries to advance more on Jeongyeon when the girl mewled pleadingly. Momo puckered her lips in jest as the other avoids it. Mina will never reject that. She will most likely lean in closer until Momo touches her lips. When Momo landed a kiss on the new girl's face to which Jeongyeon had gagged terribly made Mina growl almost audibly to everyone. That's what had her tuning in at every stupid jokes she has to say to the class or to anyone. Jeongyeon is a threat. That's for sure.

 

- - -

Jihyo went to the restroom and glared when she saw the new girl who is leaning against the wall near the sink; arms crossed and glaring back at her. Jihyo mimicked the pose and tapped her foot, "So... what brought you here?" she questions menacingly. Both were intensely glaring at each other for a good minute before bursting into laughter and walked into each others arms with a tight hug, "You freak! I've missed you!" Jeongyeon said. Jihyo patted her back, "Ayeee.... you're getting soft on me, eh?" she said before releasing her and looked up to gaze her face, "So?" "So, what?" Jeongyeon questions and avoided her by pushing her aside and pretends to wash her already clean hands.

 

"Did you finally realize that you are worthy and left her behind? We all know you just went to that school for her!" Jihyo rolled her eyes. Jeongyeon looked at her from the mirror and shakes her head, "I didn't go to that school only for her. I like-"

 

"Don't give me that bull. We all know that school is not even good to begin with. You forced your mom to let you enroll there instead of here because you wanted to follow Irene. Did she even tell you the reason why she broke off with you before you decided to come here?" Jihyo interrogates.

 

"Actually, I don't care anymore. She can do whatever she wants or date whoever she wants. I don't care." Jeongyeon replied without answering her question. "Avoidance." Jihyo curtly replied, Jeongyeon cheeses, "Exactly! Now. Move aside and pretend we don't know each other. I've got my eyes on someone. They might think we are a thing. Don't try to harsh my mellow!" she said and nudge Jihyo aside. 

 

"I've noticed. FYI, Jeong! She's not going to be interested. Or will ever be interested." Jihyo smiles back at her, Jeongyeon spun around, "What's her name? I didn't get to know the other students a while back and I didn't get to know her in class. The other girls are cramping my space every time I try to talk to her in class. I've met Sana, the cute girl Nayeon, that other Japanese girl named Momo seemed hot, but I'm still not sure if she's tired or just dull, and with all those sugary snacks she consumes made her . Did you see how she ually harrassed me earlier?" Jihyo scoffs, "Admit that you enjoyed it. You didn't even try hard to duck that kiss!"

"Well... true. She's hot and all, but... nah! There's no chemistry there. I like the blonde one next to you. She looks feisty and you know most girls that are angsty are into me. It's love at first spite." Jeongyeon sighs in adoration,  "You're crazy!" Jihyo commented, "Have you learn the others' names aside from the girl of your dreams that sit next to me?" she probes. Jeongyeon shook her head to get out from her stupor and smiled, "There's Chaeyoung, the short one who always make stupid jokes but I got to admit some were funny." she blabs, "I didn't get to know the other girls sitting in your corner though. The one who is the love of my life. To which you haven't introduce yet. Thank you very much!" she glares at Jihyo, the other girl just made a mocking face, "Then the one who's giving puppy dog eyes at Chaeyoung, poor girl. Anyway, and the other very pale girl who always scowl at everyone when she hears a noise. You know? the one that always got a notepad in hand." Jihyo nodded then walk towards her... placed her hands over her shoulder to stop her from her word vomit, "Shut up!" she said quietly with a smile, "I will not tell them their names, we do not know each other, remember? It's up to you to get to know them!" she tells her and motioned towards the door. Jeongyeon shook her head, "You know I am awkward around other people!" she tells her, "I know!" Jihyo replied with a cheeky grin before pushing the door open, steps out, and closed the door behind her.

 

Jeongyeon followed after her and almost bumped into someone, Jeongyeon leaned back and bow apologetically to the person. The girl who had called her out in class to "be nice" and she smiled. The girl only stared at her, Jeongyeon shuffles from side to side uneasily at how the girl is staring at her, "I'm sorry about Chaeyoung." she mutters, the girl's face is dusted with pink color and kept staring, "I didn't mean to expose you like that, I was only joking. Didn't thought you had a thing for her..." she continues. The girl raises a hand, and Jeongyeon flinches thinking she was about to get hit, but the girl only said, "I don't have a thing for her." then opened the door and disappeared into the restroom. Jeongyeon sighed in relief. "That is a one hell of scary girl." she muttered under her breathe.

 

She saw the girl that sat next to Jihyo; the one that's been glaring at her in class for merely existing. Her hair that shines like the warmth of the morning sun and bouncing like it's summertime Jeongyeon can't take her eyes away from her, and instead of following her friend back to class... she followed the girl easily like her feet have a mind of its own. 

 

- - -

When their third period was over and everyone was allowed to go relieve themselves or buy some replenishments, Mina decided to go out for air. LOTS OF LOTS OF FRESH AIR. She climbed the few flights of stairs and out in the rooftop where she usually hangout after class and practice her dance moves. Only few students go up there in secret, students weren't allowed to go there for safety purposes, but there are still few people who are eager to break the rules. This is Mina's own version of breaking the rules. She goes there because of the solitude, and by breaking one of the rules in school made her feel daring and bold, even if it isn't that serious. Mina inhaled deeply as she braces herself on the railing, "Careful now, love. I don't want you to plunge into your death without knowing your name first." Mina jumps in surprise and backed away from the person who suddenly spoke beside her. Then groans when she saw her grinning face, "What do you want?" she sighs.

 

The girl extend her left hand for introduction to which Mina just stared at, "I'm Yoo Jeongyeon." Mina rolled her eyes, "I know who you are. What are you doing here?" Jeongyeon dropped her hand and shrugs, "My mother said to follow my dreams. So, I did." she smiles cheekily and Mina rolled her eyes again. "You know, if you keep on rolling your eyes like that. It may actually stick at the back of your head and you'll be walking like there are going to drop from the sky." Mina's solitude is invaded, she had the feeling that this new girl will keep on pestering her no matter what. "What do you want from me?" she asks in agitation, Jeongyeon smiled and crinkled her nose like she had said something adorable, "You obviously know who I am, and it's quite unfair not to know yours. I'd like to know your name." the girl smiles confidently and Mina knew that smile got her a lot of pretty girls, or boys. She maybe annoyed at her, but not blind. Jeongyeon is good looking, she can see that. She has obviously got some charisma over people because most of her classmates are already gushing about her, but to Mina she's still come off as arrogant, narcissistic, and off-putting. Three characteristics she considers a redflag. 

 

"If I'll tell you my name, will you leave me then?" 

 

"And why will I do that? Getting to know your name is the first step of our relationship." Jeongyeon said incredulously, Mina blurts a laugh, "Relationship? And Jihyo said I am delusional! Are you insane? Did you runaway from the asylum and pretend to be a student? You're mental!" Mina said still laughing. Jeongyeon actually looked affronted and gave Mina an admonishing pout, "Heeeey... that's not a nice thing to say!" she replied. Mina shakes her head, "Oh, really? Like how you were acting in class? and how you respond to Tzuyu this morning isn't rude?" she throws back. 

 

"I was just making a joke, and I don't think it was that rude. And besides who is Tzuyu?" Jeongyeon questions.

 

"Oh, you didn't think it was rude because it wasn't directed at you, is that it? You embarrassed Tzuyu in front of everybody especially to Chaeyoung. And Tzuyu is the tall girl you just humiliated this morning!" Mina said pointedly.

 

"Oooooh... the pretty girl." Jeongyeon noted noddingly, Mina can't believe that was all she had gathered from what she had just told her. "Stupid" is floating at the back of her head waiting to be uttered when Jeongyeon stepped closer and patted her head lightly, "Don't worry, I already said sorry to her right after you left the room." she said. Mina swatted her hand away, "I'm not your pet!" she murmurs. "I know you're not. You are my honeybunch!" Jeongyeon winks and bops her nose. Mina rolled her eyes, like really doubled the effort in doing so, for added exaggeration, and stomped at Jeongyeon's foot before turning around and headed back to the door leading to the staircase back into the building. Jeongyeon was hopping in pain, but looking delighted as she follows the girl who refuses to give her name. 

 

Mina slid the door open and the cacophony of her classmates gossip assaulted her ears, "Where's the new girl?" she heard Chaeyoung asks the group while Momo glance around and met her gaze, smiled for a second and look around once more. It eases Mina's agitation from earlier. Nayeon leaned in, "I think she followed Mina to the rooftop. They are probably kissing right now." she whispers. Sana laughs loudly and pointed at Mina, Nayeon seemed embar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter