Chapter 1: A New Beginning

"Unexpected Bonds"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Y/N, a young man who had grown up without parents, found himself juggling the demanding life of a medical student at Seoul University. Despite the challenges, he was determined to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor. Working part-time as a graphic designer from home, Y/N managed to earn a decent income, thanks to his skills and the allowance his grandparents provided him with from his inheritance.

One ordinary day, as Y/N was heading home from school, his phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. With a curious glance at the caller ID, he answered, his voice tinged with concern. "Hello, Grandpa."

"Y/N, I have some heartbreaking news," his grandfather replied with a heavy sigh. "Your uncle has passed away. It was a car accident. We are unable to go to the funeral due to our old age. We need you to handle the arrangements."

Y/N's heart sank at the news. Memories of his uncle's constant pleas for money flooded his mind. Nevertheless, family ties held strong, and Y/N assured his grandfather that he would take care of everything. "Don't worry, Grandpa. I'll make sure to handle everything. He was family, after all."

Days passed, and the day of the funeral arrived. To Y/N's surprise, only a few people turned up to bid his uncle farewell. Nevertheless, Y/N stood tall and offered his prayers, determined to represent his family with honor. As he was wrapping up the funeral proceedings, he noticed a man holding a young girl by his side.

Curiosity piqued, Y/N approached them, inquiring if they were attending the funeral. "Excuse me, are you here for the funeral?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

The man turned to face Y/N, his expression solemn. "Yes, we are. I'm from Child Protective Services," he replied, adjusting his grip on the young girl's hand. "This is Yewon, your uncle's daughter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter