Chapter 16

Hello! falling star

Chapter 16: Call me destiny, because i know you're the same as me

txt : Dear sputnik

 

 

Soobin opens his eyes in the morning, he saw himself in the bed inside his room, he pushed his body to a sitting position, he didn’t even remember how he reaches this place but every time when he interacted with those things, he ends up fainting! He huffs knowing how it is disturbing to the others to be this weak! “Taehyun!” he looks around searching for his phone that was under the pillow but was turned off, wanting to ask Taehyun desperately if he is like him, but he will wait till his phone charges or go and see him personally but first he went to take a shower…

I don’t care, he rejected me already’

Under the water Soobin remembers that boy words, what that means? Was he talking about him? How he rejected him? If he asks him directly, HE WOULD NEVER! After saving him and even taking care of his injuries before?

“What wrong with him, I will never reject someone like that” Soobin huffs wanting to know who was that, “his eye…” he remembers how one of his eyes turn black when he was taking what he called poison inside of him, “is he okay?” he huffs again wanting to find him, thank him, and who knows taking care of him! But how? Should he start glaring at everyone while hiding their lower face to recognize those eyes?

“I guess I should make sure to not blackout next time and talk to him”

He said with himself but first things first Taehyun is his priority now.

He wears new clothes and took his backpack opening his phone and seeing it was 12 already, first he walked to the clinic but it was empty, he decides to go to the cafeteria since it is lunch time, maybe he will find Taehyun there.

Looking around he didn’t found Taehyun; he took his phone and texted him…

To Taehyun: Where are you? we need to talk.

Sitting in his usual table he got a reply faster than he imagined

From Taehyun: I went to check on Beomgyu, we are nearby, of course we need to talk, am dying to talk!

Soobin smiled with the reply, it is real, he is like him, but he does look more familiar with everything going on. What he called them prophecy? What is that?

 

“Good morning”

Soobin looks up from his phone and saw HueningKai coming with his plate “Oh, good morning!” he saw him sitting in front of him

“I didn’t want to wake you up, because you left in the middle of the night!”

“Did I wake you?” Soobin asked embarrassed

“When you were leaving, I didn’t notice you coming back. Still thanks for letting me crush over”

“it’s okay”

“You didn’t bring your lunch yet? Let me bring you one as a thank you”

“No need to…” Soobin tried to stop him but saw HueningKai going already ignoring his words, he looks around and didn’t see anyone looking at him strangely, neither any creatures. So, he is safe.

A little while HueningKai came up with two plates, he put one in front of Soobin, and he went back to his seat and put the extra 3rd plate next to him

“thanks” Soobin said looking at the other plate “this one for…?”

That when HueningKai rises his arm in the air and called “Yeonjun’ah over here”

Soobin felt little awkward should he stand and go to another table? He looks around but it is lunch time EVERY table is full except this one that supposed to belong to Taehyun and Beomgyu.

 

“This is for me, thanks Kai” Yeonjun said dragging the chair next to HueningKai and sits but froze when he realizes who is he sitting in front of him…

“Eat well, we have the quarterfinal match after, I begged for extra meat for you” HueningKai said looking at the two

“Extra meat YES!”

Yeonjun said happily thinking of food, and Soobin get it that somethings never changes even if you turn to a d**k! but when Yeonjun took his shop-sticks they fall from his fingers.

“Your right arm acting up again?” HueningKai said noticing how he was shaking not for the first time; he went and hold his hand trying to relax it “take a deep breath”

Soobin looks at them holding hands and look away in an annoyed gesture

“Am okay” Yeonjun nodded taking his arm away and hid it under the table, taking a spoon with his other hand

“You are an athlete take care of your body Yeonjun’ah” HueningKai frown

“it’s just because of the weigh I carried yesterday no big deal I will be fine after sometime” Yeonjun lied

Soobin looks at the bandage arms he has, that must be treated by HueningKai as he asked him to do it. he must be hurted his muscles carrying that huge broken wall “You will play volleyball in this state?” Soobin said feeling concerned and Yeonjun stopped his spoon mid-way.

“don’t talk to me”

Soobin felt the disrespect he was just showing concern “it’s not like I want to talk to you, I know you hurt yourself helping my friends when no one dare to, am asking out of concern” Soobin didn’t stay silent

HueningKai eyes look around trying to find someone to help him out of the fight that about to start…

“Concern my …” Yeonjun was rude

Soobin added “Ya! I really don’t know what you truly want from me, talking to me ignoring me be friend or be an enemy to disappear to be near what do YOU WANT”

Yeonjun look at him daggers when he yells the last words, that when Soobin realized why he is angry? Wasn’t he the one who pushed him away after he wanted to apologize for what he did?

“Why did you do it” Soobin asked with a normal tone wanting to hear a good excuse “if you were scared of me why didn’t you just tell me? why you asked everyone to make fun of me?”

Yeonjun look back at his plate “why you think everyone lied?”

Soobin didn’t understand the question “you told them to! But whatever you did it didn’t work on Beomgyu he didn’t go woth your stupid plan”

Yeonjun huffs “pff...it was Beomgyu who told you I exist of course”

“Are you disappointed someone isn’t falling for your tricks?” Soobin didn’t like the tone of how he said that

Yeonjun rolled his eyes knowing he misunderstand him again “talking to you won’t solve anything” he rubs his hair little nervous “you are no good either letting me think you had the bracelet but in fact you throw it away, at least i kept my word”

Soobin got little silent rememberig that bracelet “I was mad, I didn’t think you actually going to keep your words, what did you expect me to do hold it and show it to everyone, look what Yeonjun gave me after he broke my mental and let everyone mocks me?”

“You have no idea what it meant to me to give it to you, and I found it in the restroom floor after a week a freaking W.E.E.K” Yeonjun repeated the word with it letters

“I will take it now, give it to me” Soobin stretched his arm wanting the bracelet

“Forget it, I won’t give it now, am so done I want to leave this world and go back this time for good” Yeonjun said with a tired attitude taking his plate and standing

“Ya! Wait” HueningKai look at Soobin “see you later come and watch the match if you can” standing fast and running behind Yeonjun.

.

.

.

.

Throwing their leftover and walking away to get ready for the big match Yeonjun said

“I am so done with this world”

HueningKai look at him and hit his shoulder “don’t say that it was a misunderstanding, and you are taking the blame it’s kind of your fault not telling him!”

Yeonjun looks daggers at him “I was afraid I would hurt him mentally I don’t know how the human brain adjust things!

HueningKai huffs “weadjust very fast! look at me…”

 

 

Yesterday after he left the clinic:

 

“Ya!”

Yeonjun who was walking out to start searching for that demon heard again Taehyun voice calling him, he stopped and turn just his head a little not fully “what now?”

“Aren’t you going to carry him back to his room? I have injuries or I would have done it myself”

He heard Taehyun asking him to do that, he rolled his eyes, but This Taehyun knows he is a protector, the leaders of the SkyWorld said befpre only the prophecy and the other protector will remember him, they were that near “you…” He asked “are you like me or him”

“Am like Soobin” Taehyun replied

“So, it’s Beomgyu! That kid grows up…” he said remembering the young friend he made in his 198-training time, and the same one who split the damage prophecy with. He felt a little guilty to be jealous from him now, because it is a normal thing to get jealous when another protector gets close to the prophecy.

“You knew Beomgyu?” Taehyun asked him with a surprised tone

“I will take Soobin treat your injuries” Pulling his hoodie down and passing back in, he carried Soobin on his back and left, Taehyun who was mature enough didn’t try to see his face, he gave him the space he needed.

That when Yeonjun reached the dorm room he used to sleep in it, and open it to see the next bed is full, (shoot!) he cursed inside forgetting that HueningKai was sleeping over here, he entered in silence and put Soobin in the bed…

“Yeonjun! Is he okay?”

He heard a whisper and his eyes went wide open, isn’t he hiding his full face how HueningKai called him by his name? he looks at HueningKai who was in a messy hair looking at him. He looks at Soobin sleeping and pointed to his to shush his mouth.

“Outside, NOW” he acted like he is yelling but he was whispering that, he saw HueningKai standing from his bed and both were in the corridor outside.

“Since when you know?”

 HueningKai smiled awkwardly “you don’t remember right? The drinking night you even showed me your weapon!

Yeonjun closed his eyes hating that night that he can’t remember anything from it!

“Also thinking of your words, I realized you didn’t ask me to tell you didn’t exist and I was sure saying that to Soobin! i start to had doubts til you tell me everything that night. I told you your secret is safe!” HueningKai look at him closely putting his hand up and pulled down his mask seeing how his face and eye was half black all the way to his arm that keep shaking in the morning “is this because of the dark energy you mentioned before?”

Yeonjun nodded feeling good that someone finally knows…

 

 

Now:

 

“Thanks for real” Yeonjun said

“You are the most welcome, also no thanks between friends” HueningKai said holding his arm “let’s go and win a game”

“let’s win!”

 

 

.

.

.

 

At the cafeteria Soobin look from afar at the two holding arms and going out he rolled his eyes and start taking his food aggressively, he stopped... what is he doing?why he is acting up like this? Wasn’t he hating him? yet why he is angry now seeing them that close… he remembered the cheering from the other day from their group saying the two need to kiss, before holding hands and now walking holding arms “are they dating?” Soobin snaps out of his thoughts “why would I even care”

He suddenly felt a hug from behind, he turns and saw Taehyun hugging him.

“hi” he heard Beomgyu coming and sits in front of him stealing a piece of food from his plate

“Beomgyu are you okay?” Soobin said concerned but saw him really looking fine with no scratches at all

“of course, I am, I run from the hospital or else they will take me to a laboratory because I heal fast” Beomgyu said teasing but it was fact, while Soobin doesn’t even know what that supposed to mean?

Taehyun who walked and sits next Beomgyu said “you have no idea how Beomgyu was happy hearing we have another prophecy”

Beomgyu nodded “and another protector like me! I got defeated so bad last night”

“The room...?” Soobin asked

“Yes, I was fighting a demon stronger than me”

Taehyun remembered “oh yes, before he took Soobin back to his room, we had a chitchat”

Soobin who did have NO clue about what the two were talking about he still understands that last part “he took me back?”

Taehyun nodded “I asked him to, since I couldn’t with my injuries he didn’t refuse, also he called Beomgyu ‘kid’ you guys think he is a teacher here?”

Soobin and Beomgyu look at each other “I hope not” both said at the same time.

“But… can you guys tell me in detail what is going on?” Soobin had to ask because all he thought since his birthday is him becoming a crazy person