End

Woohyun, Let's Get Back Together! [English Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woohyun, let's break up.”

Instantly, Woohyun's world turn upside down. His grin slag, slowly turning to a firm line. His hand gripping the soccer ball with all his might.

“Why?”

“I'm ashamed for dating a kid.”

Since that day, Woohyun has a few principles; 1) Don't date someone like his ex, 2) don't be easily persuaded by someone you know to be their partner, 3) don't date anyone since it's a waste of your efforts, 4) don't date a high schooler if you're still in the middle school, and 5) don't have the appearance of a kid.

Like fallen leaves in early summer, Woohyun let his first lover go. Not crying nor going rampage. It's just... his smile is gone and his heart disappear without any trace.

**^^**^^**

“Ah, today Hyuna is pretty as well," Sunggyu muttered in awe. His eyes followed the junior captivated move. Without knowing his mouth opened wide.

"I respect your appreciation of women, but Sunggyu, please focus on the meeting," Sunggyu's friend, Hyesun, pinch his cheeks pretty hard. She grunt when Sunggyu ignore her, focused on stalking Hyuna with his gaze.

"Hey, stop salivating after a girl with a boyfriend. You'll become more single like this," Sunggyu's ears straight up when he hears the word single. He's pretty sensitive when it comes to romance.

"I heard the faculty next building has a lot of pretty girls and handsome men. Aren't they more tantalizing?" Bora, Sunggyu's other friend supports her chin with her hands. She pokes Sunggyu on the shoulder.

"They say the archeology department is full of handsome men. You don't want to see it? Who knows you could move one."

Ups. The whole room glared at Bora. Sunggyu has a few sensitive words, like slant eyes, single, old, stocky, and move on. Say one, and you need to get ready for the hassle.

"I don't want to be single. Why do you keep cursing me? What do I do to you, Bora?" Sunggyu put on his incredibly sad face. "I want to play with my lover too. Watch a movie together, goes on a date, and they wait for me after class. Comforted me when I was sad, hugging me, kissing me, and getting back hug, a bang is welcome as well," dramatically, a tear wetting his cheek that was as smooth as a quail eggs shell.

Bora scratches her head. Puzzled by Sunggyu's antics.

"There, there. I don't mean it, Sunggyu. Don't be thin-skinned."

Sunggyu gasp. He closed his mouth with his right hand while the other squeezed a pen. Very soulful. "Thin-skinned? Am I? Is it the cause I don't have a lover?"

Damn. Bora misspoke. Sunggyu's cry becomes extravagant, making the philosophy department student association room turn into a counseling room real quick.

**^^**^^**

 

"Prof, why do I have to join the camp when I'm not a student association member?" Woohyun protests hearing his head department announcement. After waiting hard for the holidays, he must help the SA member. As if he has any time leisure time.

"Ohohohohohohoho, actually it's not mandatory, Woohyun," the professor walked around the room with hands on his back. "But I got the news that a lot of new students refused to go, whereas this camp is an important tradition that is too bad to miss."

The chubby man on his 40th stand before Woohyun with a large, large smile. "Therefore, as the most popular student in the department, you must help our dear faculty."

Woohyun shook his head firmly. "Prof, we just ended the final exam yesterday. I need a rest. I need a good sleep, not walking around helping juniors adapt. It's SA's job, they must be able to carry the job just fine."

The professor chuckled. "If they're just fine, you think I want to bother myself calling all of you here?"

Woohyun opened his mouth, ready to voice out his complaints. His precious sleeping time must be protected.

"You, forced Woohyun to join, whatever it takes. I permit you," after that, he passed. Leaving Woohyun with another SA member who put a human blockade to hinder him.

"Woohyun, our young master, please help this slave, hm?" Jin Ah pleaded, and the SA secretary kneel to persuade him. Woohyun looks at her coldly while saying: no.

"Aaaahhh, Woohyun, please. You don't have to do anything. Just come and it already helps us," Cheol Yeong, a member of the sports division in Archeology SA hugged Woohyun's leg, staring at him full of sorrow. Again, Woohyun answered: no. Not caring about Cheol Yeong who hanging on his feet, Woohyun dragged his foot towards the door. But don't be happy yet. The human blockade made by SA members is four layers. 43 SA members, with instruction from the head department, schemed against Woohyun to make the man join the camp. If the new student that joins the camp didn't hit the target, the activity fund won't be given and they will be chewed at the year-end council meeting.

Therefore, whatever it takes, they must make Woohyun participate. The popular man who often makes head turns around with his athletic body, velvety voice, good-looking face, and intelligence above the average of archeology students. Remember, they will do all means. Of course, a bribe will come up if Woohyun keeps refusing.

Without asking, dozens of people kneel while begging him. "Senior Woohyun, please grant our wish."

Together with Woohyun's other positive traits, he smiles widely while saying,

"No."

**^^**^^**

"Drinks, Your Highness," Woohyun accept the cold soda can from Jin Ah. Fanning himself with a piece of paper, the ignorant man chugs his drink quickly.

"How long the opening will be? Isn't the camp will be held next week?" Woohyun's complained. Sweat flowed since the SA meeting room didn't have AC. There are only two fans, one in the front for the dean, and another one in the middle and the breeze didn't reach the back row.

"I'm not sure myself. This meeting was asked by the Dean. He said this camp will be held with another faculty," Jin Ah whispered. Woohyun's eyes immediately twitched.

"Then what am I doing here?" Jin Ah ran her eyes around the room, pretending to not hear anything. Seems like he got tricked, Woohyun sigh and reaches for his bag then exits the room. Not even caring for Jin Ah's desperate calls that ask him to stay.

"Student Woohyun, where are you going?" the dean who was previously busy listening to the History SA president, admonish him. With paper in hand, Woohyun satirizes every SA member who is lack preparation.

"Home, Sir. I'm not an SA member. Got here because Archeology SA asked for help, but it seems I got tricked. I want to rest at home, enjoying my precious holiday before being dragged to help with something that I don't give care about," fortunately, the dean of the Humanities faculty is a trendy person, chill as hell. Plus, he already understands Woohyun's character, so he didn't feel offended by the student's response. Bowing, Woohyun passed the meeting room.

"I really admire Woohyun's ability to satirize so far. They Hurt and sting but aren't insulting. I'm lucky that it's not me who he means of," said the dean. The Archeology SA whined, glad the dean didn't take Woohyun's words to heart.

.

.

.

 

"Hey, hey, Sunggyu. Look at that!" Bora pulls Sunggyu's arm. She, Sunggyu, Hyesun, and Junhyung is eating shaved ice at the shop near their campus, accompanying Sunggyu to look for a girl, or man. Anyone is fine.

"Isn't he handsome? I heard he's the most popular student in Archeology," Bora said enthusiastically. Sunggyu squint his eyes and tried to look at the one his friends means.

"Oh, the one who fought the SA at orientation? I heard he is single and refuses to date anyone. The loyal type, huh," said Hyesun. Hearing that, Sunggyu got more enthusiastic.

"What's his name?"

 

Bora mumbled, trying to remember Sunggyu's new target's full name. "Damn, I can't remember. Wait a minute, I just chatted with Jin Ah. I'm gonna ask her."

While waiting for Bora, Sunggyu looks around. He tried to raise his body so he can look better. There is quite a length between them, let alone the man looking down earlier. Sunggyu can't see him, you know.

"If I remember correctly, isn't it Woohyun?" Junhyung chirped. Sunggyu turned quickly, making his neck crack. His throat instantly dried.

"What?" he hissed.

"Ah, yes! His name is Woohyun, 4th semester of Archeology. Not a member of any organization yet often be a back-up on futsal match," said Bora The woman patted Sunggyu's shoulder proudly, the I-succesfully-look-for-the-best face is obvious on her face.

Sunggyu gulped hardly. "Woohyun? Is his full name... Nam Woohyun?"

The man that they talked about lifted their face. He look to the left and right then crossed the road, passing the four humans with a piece of paper fanning his neck.

Sunggyu felt his heart stop when the man glanced at him. Maybe just a second, not even more than three, but the glance was able to exuviate Sunggyu's whole bone.

"Hey, he looks at you!" Hyesun joins to tease Sunggyu. The one who gets teased? Tried to disappear, merges with his melting shaved ice.

"Sunggyu? You don't like him?" Junhyun frowned.

"Just die, me. Please bury me. Tell my mother, I'm sorry for throwing her new lipstick for my revenge because she tells me to take a bath."

Bora, Hyesun, and Junhyung are confused. They look at each other silently. "What's wrong, Sunggyu?" ask Bora softly.

"He's my ex."

Krik...

Krik...

Krik...

"WHAAATTTT???!!"

**^^**^^**

 

Sunggyu bit his lip in annoyance. With Bora, Hyesun, and Junhyung's help, he's sure Woohyun from the archeology is his ex, his first lover, and the one that he broke up with 5 years ago.

Sunggyu didn't expect them to meet again. Even more, during these five years Sunggyu could not forget him. Karma, maybe?

Now, Sunggyu didn't know what to do. The camp is a form of approach between students of the Faculty of Philosophy combined with the Faculty of Humanities, where the archeology department is located. Even worse, Woohyun joined the camp. He wasn't even that far from Sunggyu now, leaning against the wall while waiting for the Archeology SA members to finish loading their luggage onto the bus.

“Sunggyu, talk to him,” Hyesun poked Sunggyu on the shoulder. Hearing Sunggyu-Woohyun's love story a few days ago, she concluded that Sunggyu felt guilty for breaking up with Woohyun so cruelly, and that's why he couldn't move on. They agreed Sunggyu should apologize to see if he could move on or not.

“I'm so nervous. We haven't spoken for five years, what if he forgets me?”

"No one forgets their first lover, especially if they're dumped that way," Junhyung said heartlessly. Bora hit Junhyung on the back of his head softly, then stood up from her seat.

"Come on Sunggyu. I'll accompany you until he sees you."

Sighing, Sunggyu stood up. It's time to face the past.

Semua berdiri, waktunya beraksi~*

“Woohyun.”

Silence. Sunggyu didn't get a response.

“Nam Woohyun.”

He was still silent. Even closed his eyes as if no one was calling.

Sunggyu was so annoyed with himself. He touched Woohyun's arm and then shook it slowly. "Namu."

Woohyun opened his eyes and turned to Sunggyu with a straight face.

"What," Flat. Sunggyu became even more nervous.

Bora and Hyesun nudged Sunggyu.

Okay Sunggyu, take a breath. Calm. Come on, apologize to him.

'I was so nervous!!!' Sunggyu shouted--in his head, of course. He closed his eyes, afraid to see Woohyun's reaction.

"Woohyun, let's date again!"

.

.

.

Uh... that's not it!

Sunggyu opened his eyes widely, surprised at his own words. Everyone in the parking lot stared at Sunggyu. Hyesun and Junhyung were busy covering their faces, afraid of going viral. Bora rubbed her tired face, giving up on Sunggyu's behavior.

Woohyun watched Sunggyu. Up-down, up-down.

"No."

Then he left and got on the bus while putting on earphones. It was as if his most beautiful and unforgotten ex just didn't speak.

Hueee, Sunggyu wanted to cry.

Malu aku malu~

Pada semut merah~**

**^^**^^**

 

All the way to the camp, Sunggyu sulked in embarrassment. His ears were very hot inside and out. Moreover, everyone was talking about it, wondering why Sunggyu, who used to grin at the sight of women, dared to ask the popular Woohyun to date. Speculation is growing. Some say Sunggyu is a desperate (reckless!) big fan, some say Sunggyu's decision is shameful (half true), and some make up their own stories that Sunggyu and Woohyun used to date but broke up because of a third person (almost entirely true), some even said Sunggyu was serious about asking him back (well…).

Bora, Hyesun, and Junhyung covered their faces with masks. Feel embarrassed, especially if their bus passes the archaeologist's bus. Wow, it feels like a monkey being seen by a zoo visitor. Not that they know what it's like to be a monkey. But, you know.

Upon arrival at the campsite, all students were gathered in a large field for the opening ceremony. Seniors in charge gather in front, while juniors who are participants sit close together. There are no departments or faculties here. They're under the same name, so later the tents get mixed up. One tent contains ten people, divided from the majors of archeology, history, anthropology, and philosophy. Since they are now students, the seniors won't join the junior tent. They're adults, no need to be watched anymore. This isn't a scout anyway, dude. Just an ordinary camp.

“…which you can meet later if anything happens. Remember, we are here to build closeness, so we hope that after the camp, your relationship will not be limited to friends in the same major. Ok, any questions?" Dongwoo, deputy chairman of the SA majoring in archeology, concluded his long and deeply motivated speech. He should have majored in philosophy. Too philosophical.

Several juniors raised their hands, asking questions such as when to take a shower (twice, in the morning at 8 and in the evening at 4), who made the tent (it's the responsibility of the tent occupants), meal schedule (pickets that have been pre-divided are taken care of), when is the bonfire (the last night, of course), even when will they go home (just arrived, hello!!!).

Sunggyu got a tent with two boys from the archeology department (Kibum and Cheol Yeong), three history guys (Minseok, Howon, and Minhyuk), three anthropology guys (Hongki, Soohyun, and Wooyoung) and his friend from the philosophy department (Henry). While they were building the place to stay the night, the haggard boys were gossiping. the topic? Sunggyu's proclamation, definitely. Even though Sunggyu had threatened not to join in making the tent if they kept talking about it (it's okay, anyway. You building the tent will make it done longer—Henry), they didn't care. Still babbling like the mother at greengrocer around in the morning.

Upset, Sunggyu left his campmates. Decided to just watch over the juniors rather than got his ears hotter. While walking, Sunggyu heard the girls talking about him faintly.

"Eh, is that Woohyun's senior ex?"

Yes! What do you want, huh?

"He's not special. How come he wants Woohyun?”

Haphazard! Despite this, Woohyun used to love me, you know!

"He's the treasurer of Philosophy's SA, right? 6th semester?"

Why? Want to debt me? Huh!

"I remember. Senior Sunggyu often sings during faculty festivals. His voice is really good.”

Ah, finally. Keep praising me, sis.

"...but it's a shame he's so tacky."

Oh my gosh, my heart cracks.

Sunggyu puffed his cheeks, about to return to the tent when his eyes caught Woohyun's figure, and walked towards him while looking at the paper. Jinah, the secretary of Archeology SA occasionally pointed at the paper, while Dongwoo, the deputy chairman, laughed incoherently. Sunggyu immediately felt awkward. Want to turn around, Woohyun already saw HIM. Sunggyu tried to smile even though it was awkward.

SYUHH~

Woohyun just passed by. No greeting, no glance, no smile. His face was flat like a dry kanebo. Wow, you just got ignored Sunggyu.

Apoooo salah denaaaiiii, oh uda oiiii~***

**^^**^^**

"Woohyun, is it cramped?"

"No sir. This is indeed a tent for two people," Woohyun responded to Mr. Ahn, an Ethics lecturer who is known for being humorous and often visits his faculty. According to rumors, Mr. Ahn was on courting step with Mrs. Seo, an administration employee for his faculty. That's why he always appears in the Faculty of Cultural Sciences

"Yes, I know. But my bag is a bit much. When the air mattress comes, will it fit or not?"

"I'll try to fit it, Sir. It can be taken care of later," Woohyun checked the contents of his bag, looking for towels and toiletries.

“Woohyun, come on! The girls have all bathed. Uh, Mr. Ahn. Come take a bath with us, sir?” Cheol Yeong and Kibum smirked. Towels and a change of clothes are slung over the shoulders, while the toiletries are carried. It's like a boarding house kid who intends to take a bath in the mosque.

“Just carry on. I still have discussions with other lecturers.”

The three of them left. The river for bathing is an eight-minute walk from the campsite. So as they walked, they were chatting. Who would have thought that the topic would be Sunggyu and their proclamation?

"Hey, Woohyun! How come you never told me that your ex was Sunggyu?" Kibum poked his friend's shoulder. The man sighed, refusing to answer.

"I'm so surprised, earlier. Without warning, he asked you to date again. So he's the reason you don't date anymore?" Cheol Yeong follows. He put his arm around Woohyun's shoulder in a familiar way.

"Listen to the story of the Philosophy students, they said that Senior Sunggyu often chases girls majoring in them. Who would have thought that he would 'turn' too, right?”

While changing their clothes and getting into the river, the noisy duo was still talking about Sunggyu. Woohyun doesn't seem to care. Very relaxed.

"Then, will you get back together?" Kibum asked while shampooing.

Woohyun's right eye twitched. "What? Nosy."

Cheol Yeong laughed. "Woah, a Woohyun is upset because of love?" indeed, as long as they were friends, if the topic of conversation concerned Woohyun and his ex, Woohyun never showed his emotions. This is the first time, it's only natural that Cheol Yeong and Kibum are excited.

"What? What? What's the gossip?" the people around who heard Cheol Yeong's voice suddenly approached. Woohyun took a deep breath, trying to be patient.

“Woy, I'm also—HUWAAA.”

 

"Well... well... well..." Dongwoo chattered, reprimanding his junior who wasn't careful enough to slip into the river earlier.

"Yeah, sorry bro. Who knows if it's really deep there. Can't see it from above." Myungsoo, a sophomore in archeology, winced when Minseok rubbed his feet slowly.

"How is it, Min? Bad?" Howon fanned the sweating Myungsoo who is enduring the pain in his leg.

"No, a little sprained. Rest today and it will be good tomorrow," Luckily there is Minseok, a historian who is also a school health member.

"Those who have finished bathing, take Myungsoo to his tent. No need to join the closing ceremony later, Myung, so you can join the activity tomorrow." Minhyuk helped Myungsoo up. Luckily they had changed their clothes, so there was no need to be embarrassed about going to the camp just in a towel.

“Poor thing, huh. The intention is to have fun, now he was injured,” Dongwoo commented.

"Let's just mark this. It's a shame if something goes wrong again, especially the girls. They can be possessed," Kibum pulled a large rock, giving a boundary on the bank of the river so that no one bathed there. "Then report it to the girls, so it's safe."

The men continued their bathing activities. Some people who came late asked, how come Myungsoo was hurt like that. Sunggyu is one of them.

“Seriously? Wow, what a pity. It must be hurt." Sunggyu expressed sympathy. While looking around, Sunggyu took off his shirt.

"Nothing here that is a bit shallow?"

"Across is shallowed. Only if you want to cross over the rock over there." Point Henry at the mossy boulder. "It's dangerous if you fall."

Sunggyu considered, then picked up his toiletries and walked towards a row of mossy boulders. "It's okay, rather than drowned head-deep in water."

Actually, the bank of the river is not that deep, but the rocks to support the body are few and the size is also small. If lucky, Sunggyu can soak in shoulder-deep water. If not, of course, he could drown. Sunggyu can't swim, guys.

**^^**^^**

"Wake up, wake up!!" cheered the members of the SA. Slowly, sleepy heads popped out from behind the tent. Woohyun blinked slowly. He was still sleepy, his body also ached from lying on the hard ground all night.

"Woohyun, you're not a SA member, right? When the air mattress comes, can you help me lift it?” Mr. Ahn brushed his wet hair. He is quick to take a shower.

Half conscious, Woohyun nodded. He then left the tent, intending to shower so that his stiff body would be fresher.

.

.

.

“Senior Sunggyu, what do you want? You're not working today, you know," Lee Sojung, his junior from the philosophy department, caught Sunggyu red-handed when he turned around in the camp kitchen area. The SA treasurer scratched the nape of his neck, covering up the awkwardness.

"I heard our breakfast is cereal, bread, and milk?"

"Yes. Other foodstuffs got lost along with the air mattress, so we'll eat in moderation this morning. I'll cook something else this afternoon," Bora came with plates and glasses in hand. "Why? Do you want to ask for two servings?” she inquired suspiciously.

"No!" replied Sunggyu. "Now what i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter