“My Big Hyung is Growing Up!”

You're a Girl?!

  “You got the job!” Jongup exclaimed through the phone to Yong Guk. He had spoken to his boss and found out a spot was available for him, but it could be the worse spot ever.

  “Really?!” Yong Guk shouted in excitement. “As what?”

  “Ha! Ah…” He scratched the back of his head, knowing what his reaction would be already. “You’re working as the janitor.”

  “What?!”

  “It’s the only thing that’s available, Hyung! I can’t do anything about it unless someone quits or gets fired!” He explained as quickly as possible.

  There was no sound coming from the other end.

  “Yong Guk Hyung? Hyung?! Breathe! Yah, yah, yah! Breathe!”

  “J-janitor? But I hate cleaning and I can’t stand the smell!”

  “I-I know, but, like I said, that’s the only position avail-“

  “Then you should quit!”

  “Yah! You know why I’m there! I need the money for college and I’m there for Song Rae.”

  “Right, right.” Yong Guk sighed and scratched his head in frustration. Janitor? Is it really worth it? Is it really worth working as just to meet with a girl who may or may not show up? But what if she does show up one day? Maybe he’ll be able to talk to her. However, she will see this pathetic side of him; working as a janitor! That’s like the lowest job there was in that café! “I’m gunna go now. Bye.”

  “Bye, Hyung and please don’t kill me once I get back home.”

  “I won’t.” He crossed his fingers.

  But Jongup knew him all too well. “You’re crossing your fingers, aren’t you, Hyung?”

  He scoffed. “What? What are you talking about? Ha! I would never-“

  “Hyung.”

  “Okay, fine, I won’t hurt you when you come home. But I will tomorrow morning.” He snuck the last sentence in and hung up as Jongup was saying. “Hyung!”

  Yong Guk snickered to himself and plopped on the couch and the T.V to an action movie. The volume was blasted to the max and sounds of gun fire and screaming echoed the house. Anyways, right now it was just him and…

  Himchan.

  “Will you turn that damn thing down?! I’m trying to sleep here!” Himchan shouted over the gun fires while covering his ears. He hated loud noises even though he should be used to it since Yong Guk practically does it everyday.

  “Just close your door!”

  “It was closed!” He stomped his way to Yong Guk and covered the screen, arms on his hips. “Turn it down!”

  “Fine! Just get out of the way!” He flapped his hands and turned down the volume.

  Satisfied, Himchan grinned and nodded. “Good! Thanks!” He shouted.

  “Why are you still yelling?!” Yong Guk shouted back.

  “I don’t know!”

  “Just stop it! You’re getting annoying!”

  “Okay, I’m done. I’ve completed what I wanted to do here,” Himchan said calmly and strode to his room.

  “You came here to annoy me? It’s not working.”

  He stopped and went back to Yong Guk, sitting next to him. If yelling at him wouldn’t work, then bothering the crap out of him would. How should he do it? Should he call his name millions of times or nudge him continuously or maybe even talk about random stuff? “So, how is life?” Himchan asked, nudging him.

  Yong Guk rolled his eyes in annoyance. Why did he have to invite a guy like him into B.A.P? Oh, yeah. It’s because he knew him for a very, very long time. It was hard to believe he could put up with a loud mouth like Himchan. Oh, why did he have to befriend him in the first place? Ah! It was because Himchan wouldn’t leave him alone! That’s it! And somehow they forcefully became friends.

  “Just leave me alone.” Yong Guk muttered.

  “Lovesick?”

  He glared.

  “Oh! So I’m right!” His eyes brightened. He wrapped an arm around Yong Guk’s shoulders, pulling him close and shaking him. “My big Hyung is growing up! He has a crush on this one lucky girl! Now, who is this lucky girl?”

  “Shut up.” He tried shrugging him off, but he wouldn’t let go.”

  “Tell me! I’m curious.”

  “No.” He stated plainly and attempted again.

  “Please.” Himchan begged.

  “No.”

  “Please~”

  “I said no.”

  “Why not?”

  “Cause I said so.”

  “That’s not a good reason!” Himchan complained.

  “So?”

  “So, you should tell me!”

  “Why?!”

  “Because… Just because.”

  “Well, just because doesn’t mean I have to tell you!”

  “Fine, I’ll ask Jongup. He was on the phone with you right? I’m pretty sure he’ll tell me because I will blackmail him. I will make him tell me or else I’ll tell Song Rae he likes her. I know his number by memory!” He stood up, ready to get the phone.

  “No! Don’t you dare ask him!” He didn’t want anyone else to know, but he had no other choice. It would be better if he explained it rather than having Jongup explain it and have everything all wrong! “I’ll tell you… Her name is… Is…”

  “Spit it out already!” Himchan was growing impatient. He wanted to know who his Hyung had a crush on. This would be the first time where Yong Guk would be sensible about a girl. He would never care for anyone else other than B.A.P, so this was a huge miracle.

  “Hwang Ji Min!”

  Himchan grinned and laughed; not because it was funny, but because it was cute. “Hwang Ji Min? Her name has a ring to it. Hwang Ji Min… Hwang Ji Min… It sounds like a tune!” He repeated her name over and over in his head like a never ending song. It was so catchy to him!

  “Stop it. You’re destroying her name…”

  “Sorry.” Himchan rubbed his shoulder. “Have you ever spoken to her before?” He asked curiously. He knew Yong Guk has a sensitive and shy side, but it was hard to imagine since he conceals it well. The only time Himchan saw him actually crying was when he found out his parents had died last year. After that, he became as hard and stubborn as a rock.

  “Uhm. No…”

  “What?! You’re useless! Wait, so it was love at first sight?!”

  “Maybe…” Yong Guk’s eyes trailed as a small smile formed.

 Himchan laughed hysterically. “Love at first sight?! I thought that only happens in movies and dramas! Oh, wow! Now it’s actually happening! How did it feel like?”

  “I don’t know!” He started to blush in embarrassment. This is one reason why he didn’t want Himchan involved; he can make situations embarrassing. Not only that,  but he makes it annoying in a strange way…

  “That’s cute, Hyung. I would have never expected it. So that means this girl is special, huh? Special enough to make your heart go ‘ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump.’” He hit his chest a couple of times, imitating a heartbeat.

  “Yeah.” This time he didn’t deny it but was still embarrassed.

  “Aw, this is just precious. I’m going to take a mental picture of this.” He created a frame around Yong Guk with his fingers in mid air and made a click sound with his mouth. “Alright. Now it’s in my brain. So how are you going to get close to her if you have never spoken to her?”

  “I got a job where Jongup works.”

  “And you hope one day you will meet with her? That is-“ He snickered. “This is the du-“ He was cut off by Yong Guk’s death glare. Himchan coughed. “Uh, never mind. At least you’re trying, but are you sure you will be able to see her?”

  “Someday. Or maybe we’ll see each other on the streets while I’m coming home.” His hopes began to rise as he thought of the different ways to meet her. It’s just he has to make sure her little sister isn’t with her or else things could turn upside down.

  Himchan patted Yong Guk’s back a bit too rough but he had no reaction. Himchan sniffled and wiped a fake tear. “I’m so proud to have a Hyung like you. You really are growing up to be a man! Someday you will get married!”

  “Shut up! It’s too early to think about that and I’m not sure if she’ll have the same feelings for me once she knows the real me…”

  “Oh, so you do want to marry her!”

  “Shut up!”

  “Haha, getting embarrassed, huh? Don’t worry, the real you isn’t what you think. Why else would me and other B.A.P members would stick with you?”

  “But not Infinite.”

  “Screw them! They don’t know the truth and their still grudging on something that has never happened before!”

  “I know… But Sunggyu and Dongwoo was once our closest friends and now that has ended.” Yong Guk stared off into space. It wasn’t fair that B.A.P and Infinite has been rivals since last year. It wasn’t fair.

  “Yeah, I miss Sunggyu, but whatever. They’re being stubborn about it, so we should just forget about them! We have our own group, and they have their own. That’s good enough. Anyways, I think ours is cooler since we have blonde hair!”

  “I think it’s lame.”

  “Who’s idea was it?”

  “Yours.” Yong Guk said plainly.

  “Oh.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

  Lots of talking in this chapter XP HAHA Himchan talks too much anyways lol He's such a chatterbox! He even admit it in an interview! XP