What Do You Want ?

Say It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tension is a lot of things. It's almost visible even though it's not physical. It's overwhelming, incredibly strong and it can be suffocating. Now imagine that level of tension but the only person experiencing it is you, and you have Son Chaeyoung's current predicament. Honestly, she was relieved that they got the 9-seater, because she may have had to dive into traffic if Lia sat on Mina's lap. Obviously she made sure her outward appearance was smiling cheerfully, but on the inside she was breaking the more she heard about Mina and Lia; how they met, who made the first move, how long it had been etc. Everyone else in the car was just talking happily with the new couple, happy to have been reunited with their best friend and to hear about their love story. 

"I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that Mina was in a nightclub in the first place, but that she approached you first", Jeongyeon looked in the rearview mirror as she expressed her truth.

"Well, given what I know now, I'm as surprised as you, but I guess that's why liquid courage exists", Lia smiled shyly as she described their first encounter. Chaeyoung just continued to stare out the window in silence until they started to swing back on to campus. Mina looked at her usually upbeat friend puzzled and a bit concerned.

"Hey Chaeng-", she tried to reach for Chaeyoung's shoulder but was stopped when the door shot open and Chaeyoung hopped out.

"Sorry guys, I'd love to talk and hang more but I need to go see my art teacher, see ya losers". With that, she left in the direction of the main building, leaving the car of people puzzled at her sudden urgency to rush off.

"Oh right, she did tell me this morning she had to talk to Ms. Park about her final from last semester. I spaced on that", Dahyun explained which allowed everyone present to relax.....except Dahyun, who just lied to her closest friends. She just knew everyone would be worried and wanted to allow Chaeyoung her quiet time to break down.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"So you slammed the door in her face", Nayeon laughed as Jeongyeon's cheeks started to redden at the thought. Jeongyeon had been taking the time to relay that morning's festivities to Nayeon on their way to the campus coffee shop.

"Listen it's not funny, I probably came off as some kinda playgirl and dragged Momo down with me too", she sulked and looked down at her feet while walking.

"Well no offense to you or Mo, Jeong, but you guys have kinda built that reputation. In a way, isn't she just assuming the right things", Nayeon asked before ordering both their coffees.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, she knew Nayeon had a point. Her and Momo had sealed their own fate with how they'd been acting over the past 2 years. It wasn't as though they were easy, but more so that they were just attractive: both visually and personality-wise. They were also very determined: once they knew what (or in this case, who) they wanted, they knew it wouldn't be long before they succeeded.

"Well, that time has come and gone. I have a year left in this school and I'm gonna make it count. Time for random hook ups is over, I'm gonna find me a girlfriend", Jeongyeon raised her hand as she said this loud enough for the entire cafe to hear. Almost every girl turned to look at her immediately and their smiles, from shy all the way to mischievous, filled the store.

"Stick to basketball Jeong, acting isn't your specialty. You sounded nothing like the girl from that movie", Nayeon awkwardly said while dragging Jeongyeon to a table. She looked around and sure enough, her lie was enough to lose most interest in the store. She lowered her voice to a whisper before addressing her again.

"Please remember the name Yoo Jeongyeon holds a lot of weight, O basketball captain. The amount of women who'd be ready to dive at the opportunity to take you off the market is staggering so watch how you're saying that stuff", she then flicked her on the forehead before turning to go get their coffees. Even though she berated Jeongyeon, Nayeon's heart was doing backflips in her chest. She always knew that Jeongyeon wasn't into the whole serious relationship thing hence all the flings she had, but now it was different and she was more determined than ever.

'Hey Earth to genius, the girl you've had the biggest crush on for literal years just admitted she's ready to be in a serious relationship and you thumped her? Are you determined to die alone or something', Nayeon heard her conscience and honestly, she was really rude but she wasn't wrong. 

She took both their drinks and turned with a bright smile that quickly turned to a frown when she noticed a girl had taken her seat opposite Jeongyeon. She knew the girl the same way most people in school had known Jeongyeon - her immense popularity. She'd dominated both on the basketball court and as co-captain of the dance team with Momo. Plus it didn't hurt her reputation that she was also super attractive. Her cat-like eyes gave her a very seductive aura and her dark brown hair shined as it ran down past her shoulders.

"Hey Yeji, didn't expect to run into you here", Nayeon smiled as she set down the coffees and looked over to the new guest.

"Nayeon hey, it's been a while", Yeji smiled up at Nayeon then stood to give her a hug which Nayeon reciprocated.

"Ah good, you guys can talk till I get back, I gotta wash my hand", Jeongyeon stood and headed to the restroom leaving them alone. As soon as Jeongyeon came out of sight, the smiles dropped and they both stared at each other with malice.

"So you're still following Jeongyeon around like a love-sick puppy I see", Yeji spat as she sat back down.

"Aw Yeji, don't do that. Jealousy isn't a color that works for you, hun", Nayeon shot back with a tight lipped smile as she took Jeongyeon's seat. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter