Chapter 2

boomerang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I love you.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“To the moon and back.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I’ll choose you over anything else in life.”

 

“Okay,” Chaeyoung repeated. “Over your boyfriend?”

 

“Know your place,” Jennie playfully pinched her cheek before she smiled widely. “You look gorgeous, Chaeng.”

 

Chaeyoung looked at herself in the mirror after Jennie finished blowing her hair. “, this won’t do.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“What if he falls for me?” Chaeyoung asked with a teasing smirk.

 

“Then, he’s all yours,” Jennie winked.

 

“No, did you hear what I said? What if he falls for ‘me’, aka Kim Jennie?” Chaeyoung asked with her brows knitted, a tiny smile playing at her lips.

 

Jennie gave it a thought. “If that happens, I will expose myself as Kim Jennie and tell him that you are Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“If that happens, he better be hot,” Chaeyoung said. “How does he look?”

 

“I don’t know,” Jennie shrugged. “My mom never showed me what my blind dates look like, including this one. All you and I have now is the restaurant’s name and a table reserved under her name.”

 

Chaeyoung clicked her tongue. “That ,” Chaeyoung put on the stilettos Jennie bought for her birthday last year. “At least if we know what he looks like, I could have better preparation. I could decide early on whether he’s worth it or not.”

 

Despite all the jokes that Chaeyoung threw together with Jennie about this whole thing, Chaeyoung was nervous when she entered the restaurant. She was just supposed to act as Jennie and leave a bad impression, but she couldn’t help the natural instinct to look good and show everyone her best behavior as she walked toward the table where she could see the back of the man who was already waiting.

 

Chaeyoung swallowed hard as she stood behind the man for a few seconds before she inhaled deeply and slid her hand across the man’s shoulder and she could feel him tense under her touch for a few moments.

 

“I hope I didn’t keep you waiting for too long,” she said with her best elegant laugh that people praised so much. Her insides cringed at the fakeness she showed him, especially when a few people from other tables were watching.

 

The man’s head turned to where her hand was and didn’t turn his head even after she took a seat. Chaeyoung’s mission was to annoy him, and the expression on his face told her that she was one step onto success. Although, when the man brushed off the area where she had touched him with an expression that was close to either disgust or annoyance, she felt embarrassed and hurt at the gesture.

 

“You’re late,” he said flatly and when he turned to look at her, a heavy frown decorated his face.

 

“Only five minutes late,” Chaeyoung chuckled. “I wanted to look the best, so I figured that the five minutes I took to fix my dress and makeup for you would be worth it.”

 

“Sounds a lot like poor management skills,” he said, again with that flat tone. “If you can manage time well, you wouldn’t have to spend an extra five minutes to do that.” He rolled his eyes and took a sip of the wine.

 

Oh wow. It didn’t seem like it was even necessary for her to be there until the end of the dinner. She could tell that she had successfully annoyed him to the core with lesser effort than she thought she would have to put on. She should feel happy that their plan was working, but somehow, she felt none of that.

 

Once the waiter took their order, Chaeyoung stared at the man who leaned back with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

He was undoubtedly handsome and anyone could tell that he took great care of himself. Despite having slightly longer hair than she imagined his hair would look like, he looked great, although the ‘great’ seemed to be an understatement.

 

As Chaeyoung ran her gaze through his outfit and tried to feel his whole vibe, she was sure that young and rich definitely matched him well. After all, almost every man Jennie’s mother selected to be her blind dates are young CEOs or heirs of reputable companies. Chaeyoung was convinced that this man had his bodyguards somewhere inside the restaurant, or a lavish car waiting for him outside before he even made his way out.

 

He was staring back at her, his brows furrowed as he eyed her up and down that caused Chaeyoung to inwardly panic. Did she look that bad? She was sure she looked beyond great for a blind date, Jennie told her she looked amazing and she trusted no one else but Jennie when it came to that, so why did he have to look at her like she smelled and dressed in a trash bag?

 

Chaeyoung tried to recall the small information Jennie gave her about this man at the last minute while they were on their way to the restaurant. Information that Jennie got from her mom after a thousand times of her begging to reveal more about the man.

 

He had been in multiple relationships but none ever lasted long. It wasn’t much of an information, but it was good enough to say what she wanted to say next.

 

“So, when was your last relationship?”

 

He raised a brow. “You don’t even know what my name is, and you want to know when my last relationship was?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter