Mingyu's Daily Life

The Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before we get into the sweet parts, let’s take a look first into Mingyu’s daily life that makes him feel lonely.

It all started when a teen Mingyu was hanging out with his friend and was suddenly approached by someone who claimed to be a talent scout from a well-known agency. At first, Mingyu wanted to refuse it because he never once thought about working in the entertainment world, instead he wanted to open a restaurant after he graduated.

But because Mingyu was curious, he finally accepted the street-casting offer.

With his tall proportions and handsome face, it wasn't difficult for Mingyu to get lot of offers to model for magazines and fashion shows. In a matter of years, Mingyu had already earned the title of “The Most in-demand Teen Model”.

At the age of 20, Mingyu already forgotten his dream of opening his own restaurant after he got an offer to play the role of the younger brother of the main character in a drama, and it turned out to be so successful that Mingyu's name began to be recognized as a promising rookie actor.

Once again, with his good looks, it wasn't difficult for Mingyu to get more offers to play dramas as supporting characters and eventually become the main character in romance genre dramas. With his acting not being bad and improving over time, Mingyu's popularity is rising and the number of his female fans has grown.

At the age of 27, Mingyu finally secured his position in the entertainment industry as the most handsome, most popular and highest paid actor. Thanks to the growing number of his fanbase –which of course consists of teenage girls who have fallen for the charm of Kim Mingyu–, all dramas with Mingyu starring on it always get high ratings, and it makes casting offers for Mingyu are always coming non-stop from everywhere.

Mingyu quite enjoys his career right now. Although he is a bit tired because of this and that, but he is quite grateful for having the opportunity to get this high paid job, so that his life essentials are fulfilled –including the needs of Wonwoo, his favorite cat–.

Even so, Mingyu couldn't deny that there were problems coming from this career and it bothered Mingyu a lot.

Mingyu's friends, who weren't even close to him back then in school, suddenly admitting themselves as Mingyu's close friends, just because they wanted to have a “famous acquaintance”.

Mingyu's best friends from school also began to change their attitudes, lately they would only contact Mingyu when they needed money, and they would use the excuse of "We're best friends, this amount of money shouldn't be a problem to you, right?".

Not only them, Mingyu's actor/actress colleagues were not much different.

Those who had once been in the same drama projects with Mingyu, always act very kind, friendly and sweet in front of Mingyu. But turned out, everything was just a ploy to get Mingyu to be friends with them, in hope that their names would also soar up because they were "colleagues who were close with Mingyu" (Mingyu once caught the colleague in question talking about this ploy with his/her manager).

Since then, Mingyu has never trusted anyone again (except his manager, Lee Seokmin, who has been with him from the beginning of Mingyu's career as model).

But, to maintain his image, Mingyu decided that he would be friendly to all his "friends" and "colleagues", but would keep a safe distance between them. Because he was certain, no one approached him with good intentions or with the sincere intention of wanting to be his friend.

Not a single one.

Mingyu returned to his private waiting room after he finished filming his last scene for the day. He let out a long sigh before he grabbed the water bottle that the staff had provided and downed it in three gulps. Mingyu was completely exhausted after filming all day for his upcoming drama.

Mingyu's gaze fell on the wall clock that showed it was already 7pm. It was still early enough, if he quickly pack up his things and go home, he would still have few hours to play with Wonwoo to relieve his fatigue before going to bed.

Just as Mingyu was about to pack his things, someone suddenly knocked on his door. Mingyu sighed again and then he guessed who was be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter