Chapter II: Divorce Talk (1)

A Lovely Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

it's been 20 days since karina and winter got married.

it's been 20 days but they haven't seen and talked to each other. things got in the way, their schedules have been running their crazy. ni hindi nga sila makahabol ng hinga bago sumabak na naman sa panibagong schedule.

it's been 20 days and even on her busy day, all winter could think about is karina's soft lips on her. she remembers the taste of vodka, mint and strawberry combined. pakiramdam niya ay nababaliw na siya kakaisip at minsan, when she had a free time even for  short moment, hindi niya maiwasan isearch at panoorin ang mga drama or movies na pinagbibidahan ng aktres. because at the very least, she gets to see karina.

it's been 20 days and despite her crazy schedule, winter never left karina's mind. she always catches herself thinking about velvet lights' guitarist—the girl's luscious lips, yung malamlam nitong mga mata at ang boses nitong animo'y hangin sa sobrang gaan pakinggan. aaminin niya, she has been religiously listening to velvet lights' music especially the ones with winter singing. for a bit, she gets to listen to winter's voice.

 

that's why maybe winter is really going crazy

 

and karina too.

 

because all of that, why are the thoughts of kissing the other again clouding their mind?

 

"and that's a wrap!" the director shouted.

karina released a sigh of relief after hearing those words, she smiled and thanked the staffs before going to her dressing room.

another commercial filming done once again, this is the second and the last one for today. she was exhausted to the bone and all she wanted to do was to lay down on her bed and sleep for the next 72 hours.

"what time is it?" she asked her manager, she sat down and as soon as her back felt the softness of the couch her body relaxed. feeling niya ay makakatulog na siya anytime.

"it's fifteen minutes past two. go change and i'll drive you home."

"can i drive alone?" she asked hopefully, umaayos siya ng upo at tumingin sa manager niya na busy ayusin ang mga gamit nila.

pinagmasdan lang siya nito mula sa vanity mirror.

"fine. you don't have any schedules naman until after lunch." kinuha nito ang susi mula sa kanyang bulsa at akmang iaabot na kay karina nang magdagdag ito ng bilin, "pero umuwi ka agad at magpahinga. if anything happens, call me. don't cause any troubles, miss karina."

karina nodded enthusiastically, her smile widened, "thanks, ate joy! you're the best."

her manager just rolled her eyes, "go change. sabay na tayo lumabas." 

after saying goodbye to the director and the rest of the staffs, karina went straight to her car, her manager following her behind.

"karina ha ang bilin ko, diretso uwi at wag ng magsusuot sa kung saan saan. text me when you get home, call me if something happens. i'll fetch you tomorrow at one pm."

parang bata naman na tumango tango si karina sa sinasabi ng manager niya. "okay, my grab's here. drive safely, karina."

"yes ate joy, go na. take care going home din."

karina waited 'til her manager hopped on other car before she grabs her phone. actually kaya siya nag-insist na mag-drive mag-isa ay dahil sa message na natanggap niya kaninang break time niya.

it was sudden but also expected. winter texted her asking if they could finally talk.

From: +639123456789

Hey?

This is Winter, I got your number from Ningning, I hope you don't mind.

Are you free? Can we talk and meet?

 

To: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

Hi, Winter! I don't mind, I also planned to get your number kay Yizhuo. Naunahan mo lang ako.

Uh, I'm kind of busy right now. My last schedule will finish late, is it fine? 

 

From: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

That's fine, Karina. I'll wait. Text me when you're done.

 

karina types another message, sana lang ay hindi ito nakatulog kakahintay sa kanya na matapos ang schedule. although, she won't mind naman if winter did, they could reschedule it.

To: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

Winter?

Are you awake? I'm free now, sorry natagalan.

karina waited for a few seconds before she received a reply from winter.

From: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

Hey, it's fine. Are you sure you want to meet na? We can re-sched naman, baka pagod ka. You should rest muna.

 

To: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

I'm okay, kaya pa naman. And we should really talk.

Where are we going to meet pala?

 

From: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

Is it fine if dito sa studio ko na lang? We can't risk if sa place ko or place mo, there might be paparazzi waiting outside. I can fetch you naman. Or do you have other place in mind?

 

To: Velvet Lights Winter Kim

Your studio is fine, text me the address.

No need na sunduin ako, I have my car with me naman.

 

after receiving the address from winter, karina drove away from the filming area. while driving, karina can't help but to look back at what happened that night. she pretty much remembers everything and god help her, she's so stupid.

karina can't believe she's married for almost a month now. heck, the thought of being married at 25 didn't even cross her mind. and add to that, being a divorcee (soon) also at 25,  wasn't even on her life bingo card. 

hindi niya alam ang mararamdaman niya sa nangyari at mangyayari pa lang. feeling niya para siyang nabudol kahit hindi pa naman talaga niya nararanasan mabudol. she curse the alcohol, hindi na talaga siya ulit iinom ng marami.

siguro kapag ikinuwento niya ito sa mga kaibigan ay paniguradong walang maniniwala sa kanya. maybe hyewon would understand but not without that judgement in her eyes. while yeji and giselle would straight up judge her and call her crazy.

"what mess did i get into." karina cried out loud.

hindi nagtagal ay nakarating na rin siya sa address na binigay ni winter. tiningnan niya muna ang paligid mula sa kotse niya, the place was secluded enough at mukhang di naman niya kailangan mag-disguise with face mask and cap. after the quick scan, karina texted winter that she was already outside the said address. she waited until she heard a sound of an opening gate. nang makita kung sino ang nagbukas ng gate ay bumaba na rin siya ng kotse.

"h-hi." kinakabahang bati ni karina nang makalapit na siya sa gitarista. 

"uh hi, tuloy ka." bati rin nito pabalik, hindi naman nakaligtas kay karina ang ginawang isang pasadang tingin sa kanya ni winter.

hindi man niya kita pero ramdam ni karina ang pamumula ng tenga niya nang napagtanto ang ginawa ni winter.

"did she just check me out? ." karina had to shake her head and convince herself that it was just nothing. pero siyempre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter