flashbacks from last night

A Lovely Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"entertain me then." winter whispered loud enough for karina to hear.

karina gulped, gaze traveling from winter's lips to her eyes. there's just something about how winter said those words and that lopsided smile, damn be damned, the younger one was so attractive.

at dahil may dugong competitive si karina, thanks to gi and ji, napangisi siya at tinaas ang kaliwang kilay.

"do you wanna get out of here?" she asked, her voice dropping a little lower.

they didn't notice nor feel but somehow they couldn't deny the tension forming around them.

"do you?" winter challenges.

really, it's the alcohol talking. prior, karina would just mind her own business and go on with the night while winter, she's too drunk to even care what was going around her.

"sure." karina looked around the table, "let's leave when everyone's busy."

"alright."

the two acted like they were not plotting something, it took them a while but when they did they didn't even spare a glance back. they took the opportunity when yena and chaeyeon were out getting their refills, ningning was at the restroom and ryujin was talking to someone.

they were breathless nung huminto sila. malayo-layo din ang itinakbo nila and it made them both dizzy. like everything around them was spinning.

it made karina laugh at how foolish the idea was, like who in the right mind would run drunk? apparently them.

"bakit ka tumatawa?" tanong ni winter.

"we look dumb. hindi naman natin kailangan tumakbo pagkalabas ng venue, but we still did and we're far away from it now."

winter straightened her stance and looked around the area, "oh..."

and then they laughed. the people who passed them by looked at the two like they were some weirdos, probably thinking they were high as . karina and winter paid no mind.

they walked side by side with no destination or whatsoever at hand. the two laughed at each other every time they stumbled and tripped on nothing. their conversations don't even make sense and sometimes they talk gibberish like the drunkard they were.

not caring if someone recognizes them because winter and karina were having the time of their life.

they didn't even bother to check their phones despite the onslaught of notifications they were receiving.

for the first time in a while, they felt free. no camera flashes around, no pressure from the upper ups, no paparazzi running to them like they are some preys to be devoured with tons of questions or just to get a scoop.

at that moment, hindi nila naramdaman na sila ay sina Karina Yu, isang aktres at Winter Kim, miyembro ng bandang Velvet Lights.

they were just Addison and Seve. and no one else's.

karina was animatedly talking about her shenanigans with her friend, giselle, during one of their acting classes back when they were still trainees when she noticed winter was no longer beside her.

napahinto si winter sa paglalakad—habang patuloy pa rin na nagkukwento si karina—nang napadaan sila sa isang chapel.

karina looked back and saw winter standing like a sim in front of a small chapel, nilapitan niya naman ito at nakitingin din sa tapat na gusali.

"what's up?" karina asked.

winter let out a chuckle, "wala naman, i think i've been re-watching friends way too much." she saw the confused look on karina's face, "friends? you know the sitcom? rachel, monica, ross, chandler, phoebe and joey?"

"oh yeah, i've only watched clips of it. i'm more of a modern family and brooklyn nine-nine enjoyer." karina answered, "what about it?"

the younger shrugs, "panoorin mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter