Drunk and in love

You are my flower boy

“Aii.. this girl,” The Ahjumma looked at Jang Ri who had passed out from drinking too much soju when she was just away for a short while to serve her customers. She looked around, thinking of how to handle Jang Ri. Although she knew she stayed around the corner but she didn’t know the exact location of her house.

As if on cue, Hyeon Soon entered the stall, greeting the Ahjumma. He had waited for Jang Ri outside the stall, wanting to talk to her.

“Oh! Hyeon Soon-ah!” The originally stressed out Ahjumma greeted him with a smile, “You came just at the right timing. Could you this little drunk girl home?”

“Of course,” Hyeon Soon replied with a small smile, “Take care Ahjumma, hope to see you soon~”

He then carried Jang Ri onto his back, in a piggy back style, using his neck to hook Jang Ri’s small bag.

“I will be going then~” He announced his leave but the Ahjumma stopped him and passed him a neatly wrapped packet of dukbokki.

“Take this back for her too. Hopefully some of my food will cheer that girl up,” Ahjumma said and sighed while looking at Jang Ri with a pitiful look.

“Neh~ Kamshahamnida~”

He took the dukbokki and exited the stall. He titled his neck slightly and checked how Jang Ri was, her eyes were closed and with a peaceful expression, as if she had found more joy and happiness in her sleep. He could feel her slow rhythmic breathing on his back as he carried her.

Hyeon Soon then slowly made his way back to Jang Ri’s house. At the same time, he was reminiscing the good memories which he had spent Jang Ri. Now and then, Jang Ri would mumble something incoherent and he would just reply her with a ‘Hmm..’.

“Jang Ri, do you want me to sing you a song?” Hyeon Soon asked the sleeping Jang Ri though he knew she wouldn’t reply.

Surprisingly, Jang Ri replied with a soft “Neh~” which caused Hyeon Soon to wonder if she really was awake or not. He brushed of the latter as she didn’t reply him after which. He cleared his throat and started singing.

“My heart is like the stars,

The stars in the sky,

Forever,

Forever being a memory,”

He titled his neck a bit and looked at Jang Ri, she was smiling a little but still her eyes closed. He smiled to himself, taking it as a signal that she was enjoying his singing in her sleep.

“OPPA NORAE JJANG!” Jang Ri suddenly shouted and clapped her hands together.

Her sudden action caused Hyeon Soon to nearly lose his balance and paused in his tracks.

“Yah! Lee Jang Ri!” Hyeon Soon shouted back. “Don’t do that again! I may fall and you may get injured!”

“Oppa shikeuro~” and with that Jang Ri tried to cover Hyeon Soon’s mouth but missed and ended up aiming for his nose.

“Aish… this girl,” Hyeon Soon said and tried to use one of his hands to place Jang Ri’s hands around his neck to secure herself rather than all over his face. After which, he hopped a little to push up the sliding Jang Ri. “I shall forgive you because you are drunk,”

“Oppa’s back is so warm,” Jang Ri slurred in her sleep and tightened her grip around Hyeon Soon’s neck.

Unknowingly, Hyeon Soon’s heartbeat was increasing and he smiled to himself as he continued making his way back to her house. Even if its just for a short moment, being with Jang Ri would mean so much to him.

“Do you like Oppa?” Hyeon Soon asked Jang Ri.

“Eummm… I like Hyeon Soon Oppa. Na Kyungie too~” Jang Ri mumbled on Hyeon Soon’s back.

“Do you know that I like you too?” Hyeon Soon suddenly confessed. “Because of you, you’ve made my life so much better and allowed me to think so much more positively than ever? *Sigh* Then again, you belong to that Myungsoo now. But I guess you’re better off with him than a jerk like me,”

“Arraseo….”

“What? You are supposed to deny!” Hyeon Soon was surprised by how epic Jang Ri’s reply to him was, he laughed away as Jang Ri had all along been that adorable to him.

“Lee Jang Ri, we’ve reached your house,” Hyeon Soon announced to the drunken Jang Ri. “Key… where’s the key?”

Hyeon Soon assumed that the key would be in her bag and after he sat Jang Ri down near on the steps to her door steps, he opened her bag and started looking for the key. Her key was hooked to her wallet and as Hyeon Soon opened it, he stopped his actions momentarily.

The Polaroid which Myungsoo and Jang Ri had taken was placed in the transparent slot and he felt a sudden pain pierced through his heart. They just looked so compatible together. God knows how long he had stared at the picture, his thoughts were interrupted by Jang Ri’s incoherent slurring and finally brought her into the house.

“Oppa! What happened to her?” Na Kyung rushed to the door after seeing Hyeon Soon carried Jang Ri on his back.

“Got a bit tipsy I think,” He explained before walking into her room and placing Jang Ri onto her bed, who immediately snuggled against her bolster.

“Hyeon Soon-ah, are you guys alright?” Na Kyung asked as she stood at the door.

“I don’t know,” Hyeon Soon replied without looking at Na Kyung as his attention was on Jang Ri.

“Oppa let’s talk outside for awhile,” Na Kyung requested and went to the living room. Hyeon Soon looked at Jang Ri for a while more before exiting her room and closing the door gently.

Na Kyung was already sitting at the sofa and looked at Hyeon Soon with a serious expression. She was usually bubbly and always smiling and her seriousness made him felt a little uncomfortable.

“Care to explain what’s going on?”

“Not really… I’m too tired to start over, I think you will figure it out yourself sooner or later,” Hyeon Soon replied with a tired voice and true enough he really was sick of it.

“Oppa, why are you being like this?” Na Kyung said with an irritated voice, “You love her don’t you?”

“What?”

“Jang Ri. I could tell ever since 3 years ago when you and Soo Jin broke up back then,” Na Kyung told him.

“Then why didn’t you ask or tell Jang Ri about it?”

“Because I thought it wouldn’t last long. I thought it was temporary as Jang Ri was replacing Soo Jin in a sense for you. Now that she and Myungsoo are an item it would be wrong to even tell her about this don’t you think?” Na Kyung explained herself.

Hyeon Soon kept mum and finally replied, “And so?”

“You just got to explain to her yourself alright? She eventually will find out about this and with all the crazy media going on I think its best that you settle it with her as soon as possible,”

Back in the room, Jang Ri stirred due to the commotion outside and turned over to her side, stretched and opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and after awhile she realized she’s back home. Wondering what happened, she got out of her bed, with her hand rubbing the temples of her head as she had a slight headache and slowly opened the door.

“I doubt Jang Ri would want to even see me,” Hyeon Soon replied her.

“Why?” Na Kyung asked. “Is not like you’ve done anything wrong to her right? Loving her is not your fault and all this scandal was an accident isn’t?”

Hyeon Soon sighed deeply before and scratched his head in frustration. He did not know if it was alright to say it to Na Kyung or let her find out by herself eventually.

“Wae Oppa?” Na Kyung asked after seeing Hyeon Soon being so frustrated. “You didn’t do anything right?..”

“Yes I did,” Hyeon Soon shut his eyes as he finally let the truth out.

“What?!” Na Kyung’s voice went up higher than usual. “You did what?! Jang Hyeon Soon are you out your mind?!”

“NEH! I WAS OUT OF MIND! YES! I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO FALL IN LOVE WITH JANG RI AND THIS FOOLISH LOVE I HAVE FOR HER MADE ME DO IT. IT WAS ME. I TOLD MY BOSS TO GET THE PHOTOGRAPHERS TO SPREAD THE RUMOURS. WHY?! YOU ASKED ME WHY?! BECAUSE I’M SICK OF LOOKING AT HER WITH THAT FREAKING KIM MYUNGSOO GUY!” Hyeon Soon was nearly in tears as he released his anger out on Na Kyung who was very intimidated by him. He was never once like this before.  

Upon hearing what Hyeon Soon had shouted, Jang Ri covered in shock and quickly turned away from the door. She did not just hear what her best friend had said. Tears started to well as she started to recall what had happened during the earlier part of the day. Meeting Hyeon Soon in the alley was no coincidence and the photographers… they were all planned out.

She shook her head. Hyeon Soon would never do this to her and the fact that he had actually loved her? This fact confused her and with the headache she was having, it didn’t help her.

Jang Ri slowly slid down against her wall and hugged her knees and allowed her tears to fall. She thought of Myungsoo but didn’t dare to call him because of the warning she had from Woollim’s CEO. Having no one to go to, all Jang Ri could do now was to wait for Hyeon Soon to leave before she could cry her heart out in Na Kyung’s embrace.

 

_

wa... long update. XD

haha.. i've been feeling inspirational lately so yea. a quick update hehe.

erm if u guys have noticed.. yea i used the song which sunggyu sang in immortal song 2 ^^v i really liked it alot and the english translation may not be that accurate~ but yea u get my point XD

and yes. definitely will have myungsoo in the next chap! XD haha

THANKS FOR NEW SUBBIES AND COMMENTS! <3