Part 1 : I Never Was The Best To You

She’s got me running from daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minjeong likes to think that she had always knew her bestfriend. From every secrets to even the embarrassing moments in the latter life. Among others, she would gladly said that she is the closest one to the raven girl. She just knew everything. You know like when you go to restaurant and people trust your judgement to order for them cause they knew that you know what they want? Minjeong thinks that their relationship is like that.

 

 

Minjeong observed the raven girl who was laughing at the weird jokes ning yizhuo just threw. She saw the way the latter eyebrows twitched and a dimple constantly appeared on her cheek from time to time. Upon seeing that already bringing a small smile on minjeong's lips.

 

 

Yu jimin..

 

 

Her beautiful bestfriend.

 

 

As if one can feel the stare, jimin turned her head to minjeong and smiled widely to the point her eyes crinkled and forming a crescent moon.

 

 

Minjeong's heart skipped a beat.

 

 

Yes, minjeong knew she bragged a lot about knowing her bestfriend but sometimes she wish she didn't know one thing from the raven. She wished jimin also would be so subtle about it even though it's not jimin's fault when minjeong caught herself falling for her bestfriend.

 

 

She really wish that she didn't knew that jimin had a crush on someone.

 

 

"Still hungry?" Minjeong heard the latter asked her softly as she looked up to meet those pair of eyes that she began to love since then.

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"You have been staring at my food so I thought that you're still hungry. You can take it, you know." Jimin replied and pushed her half-eaten spaghetti to minjeong. She then patted the latter head and grinned softly.

 

 

"Enjoy the food minjeong-ah."

 

 

Before minjeong could even protest, jimin already turned her attention back to the storyteller ningning. Although she seems to be too focused with the redhead girl story, minjeong knew the raven girl attention is on something else or rather someone. And if her hunch was right, jimin's eyes probably setting on the short haired girl that was 2 table away from them, chatting with her other friends, seems excited for each story.

 

 

An ugly thoughts came nestling inside her mind

 

 

Why her? Why can’t it be me? Why?

 

 

She asked herself at least once in a while. Though sometimes she almost scoff at the idea of her love being reciprocated. Why would anyone like jimin likes her. That girl has everything anyone could ask for and minjeong just minjeong. Your normal student with normal grade and normal life. That’s minjeong for you.

 

 

So, each time that thoughts came into her mind, she will brace herself and polished her shield again and again.

 

 

“Jimin deserves only the best”

 

 

And the best was never in minjeong’s dictionary.

 

 

People said that if you truly love someone, you need to let them go. She should be grateful to at least still have jimin in her life and she is already contented with it. So, with a new motivation and determination, minjeong finally made up her mind to create the best plan for the raven girl though it might harm herself a bit.

 

 

 

Which is helping jimin and her crush to get together.

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

 

“But min-“

 

 

“It’s okay jiminie, she’s the one I told you before. The girl that her room filled with many merch of Gracie Abrams and damn, it’s so heavenly.”

 

 

Jimin eventually stopped struggling in the younger arms and smile unconsciously when she saw minjeong sighed dreamily, thinking about her favourite artist. Again.

 

 

“You really love that gracie girl huh.” Jimin teased.

 

 

“Are you kidding me? She’s so hot bruh.”

 

 

Jimin pouted at the remark before pointing at herself childishly. “How about m-“

 

 

“Yu Jimin? Kim Minjeong?” A voice cut their conversation off. Minjeong turned to the voice and quickly took a step back away from jimin, missing the frown that was beginning to appear on the latter face.

 

 

The girl that was now in front of them looked between jimin and minjeong weirdly. First, why is kim minjeong suddenly want to meet her. Second, why does yu jimin looking all pouty while staring at the oblivious blonde girl, seeming to beg for the latter attention but got ignored instead.

 

 

Sensing the girl confusion, minjeong fiddled the tip of her necktie awkwardly before breaking the silence. “Ryujin-ssi, you see. My friend here would like to grab a coffee with you or tea, whichever you prefer of course.”

 

 

Minjeong can feel a soft tug on her blazer from behind in which she ignored it. Seriously, jimin is going to get shy over this? The raven might kill her after this but she could careless for now. The thought of the latter getting all happy with this plan of hers already put a smile on her face.

 

 

"Huh?" That was all ryujin reply. She tried to look at the mentioned girl and saw the girl already looking back at her in emotionless. Is kim minjeong okay? What does she mean by that? So many thoughts running inside her mind until she was brought back by jimin's loud voice.

 

 

"Minjeong-ah, what are you doing? We were supposed to try that café together. You have been nagging at me a lot about going there. Let's go now." Jimin tried to pull the blondie with her but was shrugged off. Minjeong kept her figure still and smiled widely at ryujin.

 

 

"I hope you both enjoy it!! Also jimin, you don't have to accompany me. I already asked ningning and we are gonna have a study session there."

 

 

With last glance on her bestfriend, minjeong squeezed the latter hand in comfort and pat her back. She mouthed 'goodluck' before skipping her way to find the red head girl who supposed to be accompany her, leaving the love of her life with a content heart, thinking maybe this is the best.

 

 

Well, apparently it's not.

 

 

And minjeong hates to say this but she kind of regretting her life choices now. The moment she noticed the raven lacked of appearance inside their circle of friends, she knew that the date went well. Oh god, and does she hates it? As for right now, she can only watch jimin from afar, bonding with ryujin and the latter friends.

 

 

She almost stood up from her seat and went to jimin to ask the raven about their supposed movie date (which is on Saturday but today is only Monday and yeah she just want a reason to drag jimin back here but she's not going to admit that).

 

 

She almost do, but she didn't.

 

 

How can she ruin her bestfriend perfect chance to get to know someone they like?

 

 

Especially with how wide smile jimin was giving to ryujin and her friends, conversing on whatever topic they can talk about.

 

 

How can she ruin that..

 

 

Although it starting to hurt and she began to regret everything, but minjeong really meant it when she said she wanted the best for jimin. And right now, that ryujin girl seems to be the best for her.

 

 

So minjeong do what every second lead in movies always do, watching and continues loving her bestfriend from afar, not even thinking to confront because for her, there was nothing to prove anymore. This story is not about her and jimin, not anymore.

 

 

 

 

___

 

 

 

 

“Jimin, do you want to hangout after class?”

 

 

“Ah sorry minjeongie but I have a plan with ryujin. I can change it if you want-“

 

 

“No no no!! I-I forgot that I made a plan with ningning, we are going to study at Revel café, enjoy your date!”

 

 

Minjeong already left before jimin could even reply. The raven watched slowly her bestfriend walking away with heavy heart. Ah she do miss hanging out with minjeong but she can't. She need to do this. It might be selfish of her to do that so she hoped minjeong wouldn't mind.

 

 

After the very last lecture she attended, she met ryujin at the entrance who was staring mindlessly at the sky. "It seems like it's going to rain soon." The short haired girl lets out when she felt jimin's presence beside her.

 

 

"Well, thank god I brought my car. Let's go."

 

 

Jimin that everyone knew is a very composed person. She always calculate everything she do, she's very sharp to read someone's behaviour, especially her bestfriend Kim Minjeong. That girl put her heart up on her sleeve. So imaging her surprise when she saw ningning, two table away from her and ryujin, engaging in a deep conversation with aeri.

 

 

“Ningning? I thought minjeong was with you?”

 

 

“Oh hi jimin!! Why are you doing here and why would she be with me?”

 

 

“She told me that she’s going to Revel today, with you?”

 

 

“… jimin, Revel didn't open today.”

 

 

Jimin glanced outside the restaurant and began to worry about minjeong since it was raining quite heavily. The blonde always ride with her to go wherever, and she thought minjeong would ride with ningning but she didn't. Does that mean minjeong still there? At school? In this weather?

 

 

“Jimin? Are you okay?”

 

 

She heard ryujin voiced out in concerned. She was about to excuse herself, to go find minjeong but she knew she can't leave the girl hanging so she gaslighted herself into thinking that minjeong is safe instead.

 

 

She must be at home already.

 

 

She probably took a bus.

 

 

Or grab an uber.

 

 

Yeah she’s fine.

 

 

With that jimin brushed away any negative thoughts about the latter whereabouts and just tried to enjoy her little date.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter