You're Beautiful

You're Beautiful

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                The stench of medicines and drugs tickled my nose that made me wake up from my deep slumber. I looked around—I guess the scene wherein I was running in the meadow and feeling the sweet cold breeze is just a dream. I’m still imprisoned inside these plain white four walls with the smell of death enveloping me.  I sighed deeply as a woman came in with a cheery smile on her face; she’s holding a silver tray with the usual utensils resting on it.

 

                “Ready?” she asked as she placed down the tray on the boring bedside table next to me. The table there has no other purpose because it’s always empty except during morning and evenings where the syringes and tablets rests whenever they are needed to calm the wolf inside me down. I nodded and forced a smile as she stood next to me. I smelled the scent of her—the smell of medicine and a familiar stench that’s a mixture of rusting iron and other metal elements—it’s blood.

 

                I flinched when the cold needle entered my skin and the flow of the liquid wriggled through my veins.

 

                “Relax.” She comfortably patted my cheek as she slowly pulled the syringe from my skin. I sighed in relief; she returned my thanks with a sweet smile before leaving the room and closing the plain white door behind. I played a staring game between the walls across from me. I listened to the rock music of the vibration of the air conditioner along with the beeping of the medical apparatuses resting next to me. I hummed along with the silence.

 

                “Knock, knock.” A familiar sturdy voice came in along as an old man greeted me with a smile. His umber eyes warmly brought light to my boring gray eyes and his warm hands enveloped my cold ones. I smiled at him. I was glad to see him. It’s like I’m the pigeon inside this plain and boring cage and when the time is set, he is the sun that will wake me up and greet me warmly with his presence.

 

                I love my grandfather.

 

                “How are you feeling?” he asked with a hopeful tone. I couldn’t disappoint him so I lied by saying, “I’m completely getting better.”

 

                He smiled back at me, touching my cheek and caressing it gently. “My little princess, look here, you didn’t combed your hair again, did you?” grandfather grabbed my hairbrush from the bedside table and combed my hairless head.

 

                “Pop, I don’t have hair anymore, I’m ugly.” I scowled at him but he just shook his head and continued brushing my bald head.

 

                “No, no. you have a hair, see this?” he stretched a long black hair for me to see it. “And my princess is beautiful.” He smiled at me.

 

                “I am?”

 

                “You are the most beautiful princess that Walt Disney could ever imagine.”

 

                I giggled and hugged grandfather into a tight hugged, he whispered three words that meant the whole world to me. “I love you too, Pop.” I replied with a warm contentment inside me.

 

                “You are ugly.”

 

                 A boy about my age suddenly barged inside my room and stated these words. Confused, I just looked at him. His hair was spiky and he has deep brown eyes. He has a pale skin—almost like dead white and he was wearing old baggy jeans and worn t-shirt.

 

“Who are you?” I’ve never had any visitor for decades already—except my grandfather and the nurses.

 

                “Why are you bald?” he answered my question with a question too. I frowned.

 

                “Why are you rude?” I tossed back, making him smirk.

 

                “Is this your house?” he walked towards me, sitting next to me on my bed as if he’s a regular visitor in this prison of mine.

 

                “Does it look like a house to you?”

 

                “Yeah.” He glumly replied and I found myself curious and full of questions ran inside my head. Who is this kid? How did he find me? Why is he talking to me? Is he lost?

 

                I wanted to ask him but there’s something in him that kept me shut.

 

                “I’m Jiyong.” He offered his hand to me. I looked at it with hesitation.

 

                But because of me being curious about everything, I shook it—he gripped it tight making me yelp.

 

                “Ha-ha, stupid girl! Well, I’ll visit you again!” he jumped off my bed and ran outside, leaving a face with a stuck out tongue at me before completely disappearing.

 

                I smiled.

 

                Years have passed…

 

                But it still hurt.

 

                My heart tore apart as I heard the heartbreaking news.

               

                My King is gone.

 

                He’s far away from me now.

 

                I can’t see him anymore.

 

                He left me alone in this Rapunzel tower of mine—left me with these stupid medicines and stupid sickness. My King left my kingdom. I didn’t have to say goodbye—or thank you for always being there. No. I can’t say it to him anymore. It’s too late.

 

                Grandfather is dead.

 

                I buried my face on my hands and cried…cried and cried until I could barely breathe.

 

                Who will be there for me?

 

                Who will comb my hairless head?

 

                Who will tell me that I’m still a princess despite of my ugliness because of this stupid illness.

 

                No one.

 

                Grandfather—the person I loved the most—is gone.

 

                Leaving only memories behind.

 

Goodbye isn’t the hard part—it’s the happy memories that follows.

 

                Who will tell me that—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

         

 

 

 

                “You’re still beautiful.”

 

                I turned around to face a now fully grown up boy in a baggy jeans, worn out t-shirt with deep brown eyes holding a hairbrush—and handing it to me.