Redemption (Yuta x OC)

A Compilation of My NCT One-Shots

 

 

"Neither of you move a muscle or so help me, I will blow your ing heads off." The masked man waved the gun at Yuta and Rina then stormed off, audibly locking the door behind him. 

 

"Quick, untie my hands." Yuta wiggled his hands towards Rina's. 

 

"What?!” Rina was suddenly aware that she wasn’t the only one tied to a chair. Behind her was another person. “Didn't you just hear what that man said?" she angrily replied as sweat dripped down the side of her head. 

 

LET'S BACKTRACK A LITTLE BIT

 

"Honey, please be careful. We're not exactly safe right now. I just hope you didn't insist on still going to school despite what your father and our family are going through." Rina's mother hovered over her high school daughter and placed a hand on the latter's shoulder. 

 

"Dad didn't do anything wrong." Rina began. "If I stop showing up, it's like we're hiding something and we actually did something wrong. All Dad did was expose all the illegal transactions his boss had been doing. Plus aren't we under witness protection? I'll be fine." 

 

Her mother smiled somberly, "I'm proud of you, Rina. Come straight home after school, okay?" 

 

Rina nodded and headed outside their house. 

 

Her way to school is relatively safe apart from the dark alley she has no choice but to pass through. There were other students passing by on the other end of the alley so she felt alright about it. 

 

Then wham. 

 

Rina felt something hard hit the back of her head. She heard some commotion before she lost consciousness completely. 

 

“Tell me what the I’m supposed to do now then?! That wasn’t part of the plan now was it?!” Rina was slowly coming to when she heard the muffled voice. She blinked to adjust her sight. Everything was blurry. She groaned when she felt her head throbbing from where it was hit earlier.

 

“Wake up, princess!” the angry man wearing a mask growled. 

 

“Where am I?” Rina managed to utter before she felt the tight restraints. She felt thick ropes that wrapped around her hands, torso, and feet. Rina was tied to a chair.

 

“None of your ing business!” the man fired back.

“C’mon we gotta do something!” Yuta insisted.

 

Rina was still reeling so she exhaled and calmed herself down first. “Right, okay, man with a plan. Who are you? How do I know you’re not working with these people?” she asked as she felt around for a loose portion in her restraints.

 

The guy scoffed, “I’m Yuta. We go to the same damn school. I was on my way when I saw you getting dragged to the van. Now, are you gonna help me or not?”

 

She felt the guy violently struggling in his own restraints since their chairs were positioned back to back. Rina kept searching and feeling around the ropes on her hands behind her back. The ropes were wound so tight, she already felt the bruising.

 

“I’m Rina, in case you wanted to ask by the way.” she barked. “I’ve been trying to work through your ropes. I can’t find lax. It’s wound pretty tight on mine too.” her breath almost hitched because the rope tied around her torso was suffocating her. “Can you find something sharp?”

 

Yuta looked around in the empty box of a room they were in. There were no windows or ventilation except for the tiny gap between the only door and the floor beneath it. Their layered uniforms weren’t helping with the lack of air either. “There’s nothing here.” he trailed off and clicked his tongue.

 

The female sighed and took a break from trying to find a lax. "Sorry you got dragged into this." 

 

"What are you talking about? I got myself in this ." the other guy retorted. She heard him take a deep breath. "I'm–"

 

"Did you hear that?" she cut him off before he could finish. "I think I heard a car drive away. Dyou think they left?" 

 

A few moments of silence and their hopes were struck down when they heard stomping footsteps outside the door.

 

"Some idiot is still out there." Yuta chimes in with regret. The guy heard her exhale deeply. "Hey, you okay?"

 

Rina spoke softer to save her breath, "Idiots tied me too tight… I'm sort of choking eheh." she managed a tiny chuckle to take her mind off how life threatening all of this actually is.

 

Yuta feels more alarmed now. "Listen, I've got a small blade in my shoe." he began, "I'm gonna knock myself down so your hands can reach my foot. You need to fish for the blade inside my shoe."

 

Rina's head spun for a second. "Why the hell do you have a blade stored inside your shoe?!" was all she could say but Yuta had already started swaying himself left and right so he could fall down on his side. Being tied the same way Rina was, it was difficult to create any form of momentum that could make him fall on one side but he did his best, even using what strength his bent knees had.

 

It took a few minutes but with a rather loud thump, Yuta fell on his right and Rina could touch his left foot.

 

Rina was the one facing the door so she was adamant at keeping watch and praying that the noise didn't alert whoever was outside. She heard Yuta panting. 

 

"I think it's by the side of my foot, try looking for it now, Rina." he said in between his breaths.

 

She moved her hand inside his rubber shoe and tried to feel for a slim blade. Adrenaline surged through her when she felt the tiny plastic casing of the blade, "I think I've got it!"

 

The door suddenly swung wide open.

 

"What did I ing say?!", the man marched right on over to Yuta, lifted him back upright, and punched him in the stomach. Rina felt the other chair ram into her back as if the force of the punch seeped all the way to her. She heard Yuta curse and struggle to in a breath. "Consider yourself lucky." the man says and walks right back out of the room.

 

"I-I'm gonna try again. Get the blade, Rina." Yuta uttered out before he tried swinging again.

 

"No, stop!" she exclaimed softly and with even more worry for the other guy now. "I got the blade before he put you back up. Just try and breathe for a second while I cut the ropes."

 

She heard Yuta groan as she opened the blade and started slicing into the ropes on his hands. Once free, he held up his hands and felt the soreness on his wrists. It had been at least 3 hours since they were taken. Rina began cutting her ropes next. Still mindful of the door, she finishes cutting all of her restraints and quickly moves to start cutting the ropes around Yuta's torso.

 

"Rina, listen, I need to tell you something." Yuta said while Rina was cutting the ropes from behind him. "This was all probably my father's fault. I'm the Nakamoto heir. I know your dad was the one that exposed him. My father might want to get back at him which is why you were taken today. I'm sorry, I didn't know he would stoop this low." he fixed his eyes on the ground and couldn't even will himself to look at her.

 

"I know." she replied crisply as she finished cutting the ropes around his body.

 

"What?! What do you mean you know?" the guy asked frantically.

 

Rina walked over to stand in front of him, "I kind of figured it out." she shrugged. "You were way too calm about everything, you went out of your way to save some random girl, and who keeps a blade in their shoe?" she waves around the small useful blade. "Only someone who's expecting this kind of situation would be this prepared. Now do your feet, I'll check if I can see how many people are out there." She handed him the blade and walked quietly to the locked door. 

 

Still a little bewildered and mildly amazed, he did as he was told and cut the ropes binding his feet to the chair.

 

"I don't hear much. I think there's only one person out there." Rina pressed her ear to the door. She turned to watch Yuta walk toward her. She noticed the bruises on his face and that he was slightly limping. He was really roughed up so she walked to him to help.

 

They heard the doorknob rattling. Yuta instinctively stepped in front of Rina and stretched out his hand to keep her behind him.

 

The angry masked man set one foot inside the room and just began yelling, "I will ing shoot the two of you!" and he took long strides to get to them, gun pointed straight at the two of them.

 

"FREEZE! POLICE! PUT THE GUN DOWN, NOW!" A loud booming voice came from behind the angry masked man. Three armed policemen stood with their guns aimed at the masked man.

 

The man in front of Yuta and Rina scowled and slowly put his gun down. Once both his hands were raised, one of the policemen grabbed him and put the former in handcuffs. When the threat was gone, the other policemen took Yuta and Rina to the paramedics waiting outside.

 

The EMT's checked both of them behind the open ambulance door. 

 

"You took quite a beating, I'll tell you that much. You're lucky you didn't crack your skull open or fracture a bone." the uniformed stern lady spoke to Yuta.

 

"You're lucky he was there, young lady!" It was obvious that she was just trying to lighten things up. "Mild concussion, but nothing serious."

 

Yuta acknowledged the lady but spoke, "Actually I should apolo–" 

 

"Yep! Yuta here was very responsible." Rina cut him off and grinned at the EMT.

 

"I'll be right back." The lady dashed off leaving the two of them sitting at the back of the ambulance, each covered with a blanket to absorb the shock and keep them warm.

 

"I'm serious, Rina, I have to apologize." Yuta turned to face her.

 

"I'm gonna stop you right there." she slightly held up her hand. "You're not your father, Yuta. Now, I don't really know you but I think you have the makings of being a good person. Just focus on that, okay?" Rina tilted her head.

 

"RINA!" her sweet mother yelled out as she and her father were finally allowed in by the police.

 

Rina stood up and met them halfway to hug the both of them.

 

One man in a suit approached the family. "We had tagged your daughter with a tracking device beforehand so we once the signal jammer went out, we were able to get to her." he explained as Rina just looked up and wondered if she should be offended, but then again they were under witness protection so this made sense.

 

"Are you okay?" her father placed a hand on her head and looked at her with tired and weary eyes.

 

"I'm fine, Dad. That guy over there helped me." she pointed to where Yuta sat and smiled at him.


 

-END-

 


A/N: Surprise Chapter because this popped in my head and just flowed right out hehe. I'll do the Kun x Ten fic next soon, I promise :D Thank you!