1/1

Disappearance

Sana got out of bed early, reached for her phone, checked the latest messages from the manager, read the news, then stretched, got up, put on her slippers, and left the room. On the way to the bathroom I met Nayeon coming from there. Ruddy, refreshed, only from a hot shower. An older friend loved to take such a shower, although many experts argued that it harmed the skin. It is very difficult to convince the stubborn Nayeon-unnie, so the girls stopped talking to her. Sana smiled happily, meeting a half-asleep look from her friend, asked:

-Unnie, do you have an appointment today? At what time?

- I need to be ready by 7:00, the manager will arrive at 15 minutes, so you understand yourself - Nayeon said through a yawn, coming closer to Sana, putting her forehead on the girl's shoulder, covering her eyes. - I want to sleep so much, I don’t think I can handle anything today.

- You will succeed, Nayeon-unnie - Sana encouraged her, gently hugging her waist, pressing her tightly to her. - Where are you going? If filming takes place in Seoul, I can ask my manager to bring me to you. I'll bring you something tasty to eat. How do you like this plan?

- Great, if we were filming in the city - she sighed, yawning again, - but we are going to another place, out of the city, to some village. There for half a day, then a re-recording of some show, and at the end of a photo shoot in the rays of the setting sun - Nayeon muttered in her ear, feeling that she was falling asleep again.

- I understand. Very sorry. Don't fall asleep unnie," Sana let out a cute laugh, pulling herself away from Nayeon a little, and added tenderly, "Do you want me to cook breakfast and coffee while you are getting ready?"

"That would be nice, Sana," she smiled as she fully pulled out of the girl's warm embrace, walking around her, heading back to her room.

Sana beamed, her eyes lit up with happiness, she hurried dancing into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for unnie. She was allowed to show her skills for the first time in a month, that's when Sana learned how to make pancakes (Momo actually almost killed her while teaching, but that doesn't count). Most importantly, Sana could now cook breakfast for her beloved unnie!

****

Yuqi was already in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for her members, quietly singing along to the song playing in the headphones, standing with her back to the aisle. She was so engrossed in her work that she did not hear Shuhua enter and her loud:

- Good morning, Woogie!

Not hearing a joyful greeting back from her friend, Shuhua moved closer, seeing that the girl was wearing headphones, she smiled to herself. An instant plan formed in her head on how to say hello to her friend. Quietly, on tiptoe, she came even closer, 10 cm to Yuqi, raised both hands and put them on the girl's shoulders.

-What the hell?! Shuhua! Oh, you scared me - Yuqi jumped in surprise, dropping the knife with the board on the floor. She looked at the laughing girl with an outrageous look, unable to find words.

“You didn’t answer me, I’m sorry,” Shuhua said laughing, approaching Yuqi conciliatoryly, putting her hand on her friend’s hand.

- Why are you so early? Not even 7 yet! - Yuqi was amazed, looking at the clock on the phone, now it showed 6:20 in the morning. - You'll never get up this early unless... You have a morning schedule, don't you?

- Yes, I told you all yesterday! Have you forgotten? Yuqi stood next to her, just watching the cooking without offering to help. Yuqi would have refused anyway.

“I didn’t forget,” Yuqi defended herself, turning the pancake over in a frying pan, equalizing it with a spatula. - I remember, I just mixed up the time. "Want?" she asked, putting the finished pancake on a plate.

- How delicious it smells, of course, I want to - sitting down at the table, pushing the plate towards her, Shuhua ate the pancake with pleasure (without anything, just like that).

- So what time do you need to be ready? And what's your schedule? Yuqi asked, laying out another pancake.

- By 7:00, schedule... Very tasty Woogie. I'll be filming with some other artist on a show, then we'll be photographed together in the setting sunlight against the sea.

- Romantic, should I get jealous? Yuqi joked, looking fondly at Shuhua eating.

“I don’t know, maybe I should,” Shuhua answered in a teasing tone, “Woogie, I want a cup of chocolate, can you do it?”

- It is already being prepared - she nodded towards the stove, where there was a ladle with bubbling liquid. - A couple of minutes and pour into a cup.

- Thank you. When it's ready, call me, I'll go get my bag and do a light make-up - finishing the pancake, Shuhua asked, leaving the kitchen.

- I thought that today we will spend the whole day together - Yuqi's smile faded from her lips, she turned back to the stove, stirring the chocolate in the ladle so that it would not stick to the bottom. “So I’ll ask Kim Minnie to go shopping when she wakes up.”

***

Nayeon returned to her room, walked past the bed where Momo was still sleeping (she came to her yesterday, they rented Vlive for the fans as usual, and then shared the bed for two; Momo was too lazy to get out from under the warm blanket). The girl went to the wardrobe, opened the door as quietly as possible and began to look for what to wear (so that it would be convenient and comfortable).

Somewhere in the very corner I found my long-bought, but never worn trousers (black, under the "flared" style), I also found a nice white jacket with pink stripes (long sleeves, the inscription "ILK" on the back, so that it does not meaning it didn't stick to the body).

Then, she opened the drawer where the underwear lay, took out clean ones, hid them (it’s embarrassing to show the girls, even though they knew each other for many years), straightened up, closed the wardrobe and was about to go out again. She was stopped by a sleepy, husky voice that said the following words in Japanese:

- Change here, unnie. Why would you want to go somewhere. Besides, it's just me here." Momo let out a teasing laugh as she stretched her body out in bed. - I saw all of you.

-When did you wake up? Nayeon asked blushing as she took a step closer to her bed.

- A few minutes ago - looking at her sleepily, she extended her hand, urging Nayeon to take it. - Where are you going?

- A separate schedule, the manager will arrive at 7 am - the girl could not refuse to support her friend's outstretched hand (more precisely, cling to Momo's warm body).

- I don't want to let you go, unnie - she pulled her to her, hugged her from the back, gently buried her nose in her neck. Nayeon. - Stay.

“I'll be back, Momorin, I won't be for long.” Nayeon laughed at being tickled, began to squirm, and soon she managed to escape, roll over on her other side, facing Momo. - I need to get dressed, baby. Sana cooks my breakfast...

- Sana is doing what for you?! Unnie, you can't let her into the kitchen! - Momo shouted as she jumped out of bed, rushing to the kitchen to prevent a fire or destruction (remembering how she tried to teach her friend how to cook).

Nayeon just laughed as she watched her friend run away, slowly got up from the bed and started getting dressed in silence and without any witnesses.

Momo did see me like this, but that doesn't mean I want her to see me like this often.

Momo ran into the kitchen, fearful and expecting to see soot, dirt, and destruction. But what was her surprise - the kitchen shone with cleanliness, delicious aromas flew in the air, Sana was clean, tidy with a beaming smile on her lips, finishing cooking the last pancake.

- Momo-chan, look, your lessons have not been in vain. I did everything as you told me. Ta-dam! - she stepped back from the stove, carefully holding the handle of the pan, turned the pancake over onto a stack of the same fried pancakes.

- Can I try or is that all for Nayeon-unnie? - Momo asked with caution, still not trusting her friend.

“What I put aside for unnie on that plate.” She pointed to a cute plate of cartoon bunnies (unnie’s gift from Tzuyu) standing by itself. - I'm looking forward to your verdict - bouncing on tiptoes, said Sana.

Momo smiled benevolently, carefully took the still hot pancake, brought it to , prayed to all the chefs, and took a bite.

Sweet - the first thought flashed, - but tolerable - began to chew, - tasty, a little dry, but tasty.

- Well, well, how?

“Sana, you passed the pancake exam,” Momo replied in all seriousness, taking another bite. - Well done.

-Hooray! I can cook now! Learn something else! Sana rejoiced, jumping around Momo.

“Perhaps, but not now,” she said evasively, noticing a dressed Nayeon in the kitchen opening with a bag overweight on her left shoulder.

- I heard your happy voice, Sana. So Momo complimented you, right? Where are my pancakes, I really want to eat.

Nayeon managed to eat all the pancakes prepared for her by Sana, she even drank coffee, and did not leave her standing in a cup, when the doorbell of their apartment rang and the manager came in.

- Good morning, girls. Nayeon, it's time for us to go - he pointed to his watch, checking the work schedule. - I'll be waiting for you in the car.

- I'm on my way, oppa - Nayeon said while wiping her lips with a napkin, putting the cup on the table. - See you in the evening, girls - she said goodbye, but leaving the kitchen, she went up to Sana, kissed her on the cheek:

-Breakfast was delicious, Sana, thank you.

Then she ran her hand through Momo's tousled hair and kissed the top of her head.

Don't worry, I'll be back soon.

After winking at them, cheerfully saluting, she left the apartment.

This would be the last time Sana and Momo saw Nayeon.

***

Shuhua checked if she had packed everything for the exit, making sure that everything was in her bag (including her passport, money), she left her room. After passing the corridor, making a short delay near the mirror, looking at herself, being satisfied with the light makeup applied, she went to the kitchen to say goodbye to Yuqi.

But the matter did not reach the kitchen, Yuqi herself was already coming out of there, taking off her headphones. From the other side of the apartment where the foreign line IDLE lived (after living in a shared hostel for about 2 years, they decided to move out, finding a separate house, but found an apartment near the Cube company ), a sleepy Minnie was leaving. While yawning while still sleeping on the move, she nevertheless greeted the maknae line with a wave of her hand.

somewhere, ShuShu ?

Hearing such a question from Minnie Yuqi, she was glad that she was not the only one who forgot about Shuhua's departure, pointing at her while looking directly at her friend:

-You see! I wasn't the only one who didn't hear you leaving! Kim Minnie also forgot!

- Unnie - but all the severity was gone when Minnie came up to her, hugged her tightly, looking at her with puppy eyes. - I will be gone all day and half of the evening, Yuqi knows the reason, she will tell you. Now I'm sorry," Shuhua reluctantly taking Minnie's hands away from her, walked to the exit door, "It really is time for me to leave.

“I don’t want to let you go, but work is work,” Minnie said in an understanding tone, sadly watching Shuhua, who was almost ready to leave.

“Be careful, Shu, and don't forget to call us when you have time,” Yuqi asked, feeling some fear in her chest, but not showing it to others. From the very morning, some strange premonition did not let go of her, as if she was seeing Shuhua for the last time.

- Okay, if I have time, I'll call, dear - finally friend Shuhua, then smiled at them, went out the door.

This was the last time Yuqi and Minnie saw Shuhua.

Still, the foreboding did not deceive Yuqi, something bad happened to Shuhua.

***

Day 1, Wednesday, 21:45, the last camera flash and...

- Thanks girls, you did a great job! You can go home!

- Really? Thank you - the girls bowed to everyone who participated in the photo shoot, approached their managers, waved goodbye to each other, adding: - It was interesting to shoot with you, Nayeon-unnie / Shuhua. Hope we work again sometime.

From this moment on, the testimony of managers becomes very suspicious, because they repeat one text word for word, only in some places they diverge.

Nayeon's manager, sitting next to JYP's representative in the interrogation room at the police station, recounted his story, recalling:

- Before driving back to Seoul, Nayeon received a call and after a brief dialogue, she asked to take the indicated route. I showed it to you. She got out near one house, but did not go in, someone called her again, she talked to him (her) for 2 minutes, then returned to the car, and we left.

- We checked all the phone calls, no one called Miss Im at the time you specified. And the place that you indicated on the map, where you allegedly went, there was no house there. There is an empty space, a field. What are you not saying, Mr. Kim? What are you hiding? We will write everything down every minute, we will have witnesses, it’s better to tell us now, make a sincere confession.

- I'm telling the truth, that's the way it was. I took Nayeon to the apartment, I saw her go inside. I waited a couple of minutes and then went home.

-Your wife says that you arrived at home in 2 hours. We checked it takes 40 minutes to get to your house from Miss Im's apartment. And you drove for two hours! Where were you, where did you go?

- I didn't go anywhere, - the manager exclaimed irritably, - I drove straight, without turning anywhere!

Manager Shuhua, nervously fiddling with his fingers on the table, looked in front of him, without looking at the detective, said:

-After filming ended and Shuhua said goodbye to Ms. Im, we drove towards the airport. I booked tickets for the last flight, because there were always moments when the shooting was delayed. Before reaching the airport, Shuhua received a phone call, after a couple of beeps, she picked up the phone. I didn't hear the conversation as she was mostly silent. After a short conversation, she thoughtfully looked out the window. Then she asked me to stop the car near the grocery store, she wanted to buy orange-flavored juice. We went to the store, she really bought herself juice and some other snacks, while paying at the checkout, Shuhua said that she would be waiting for me in the car. When I returned, less than 10 minutes had passed, she was no longer in the car. The phone is on the seat, her bag too, even her sweater is neatly folded and lying on the seat.

- I would have believed your story if it were not for the video from the camera hanging in front of the store itself. It clearly shows that you stayed in the car, waiting for Shuhua from the exit of the store. And she was not there for 10 minutes, but for half an hour. And after getting out, your car to the wrong road that led to the airport. What are you not talking about?

“You are mistaken, detective,” the manager denied, confident in his innocence. All the nerves that he felt at the beginning, they disappeared, leaving the owner calm. - Everything was as I said. I am clean before the law.

- Then how do you explain this - opened a laptop in front of him, pressed "play", and the manager watched in surprise as he drove back to the city at the time when he was supposed to go to the airport. Even more surprising was that Shuhua was sitting next to him, chatting animatedly about something.

Both managers bent their truth, did not refuse it, therefore, to clarify the circumstances, they were detained for a while.

2 days, 17 hours 34 minutes 07 seconds have passed since the disappearance.

***

Day 4. Saturday.

Before the detectives lay a report on the minute-by-minute schedule of two girls: Im Nayeon and Ye Shuhua. They were preparing to report not only to their boss, but also to the producers and their charges.

As it was agreed earlier, all those interested in this case will come today, checking with the clock on the wall and wrist, they should arrive in 13 minutes.

The results were not encouraging, the detectives still did not know where the two girls had disappeared. They hoped that with the help of the others, they could clear up some confusing points. If they understand what the witness meant (after all, slang words in show business are completely different than ordinary, youthful ones), then things can get off the ground.

5 minutes before their arrival, the detained managers were brought in, seated next to them, having previously warned them about false information.

The 8 members of TWICE and their producer were the first to cross the conference room at the police station. They politely greeted each other, sat down in the places indicated to them, looking at each other anxiously. Then, almost 2 minutes later, the 5 members of the IDLE group came, the leader Soyeon, when asked if their producer will be present, she said:

- He is busy, he asked me to tell you that he will not be able to be here in person, but he can through the video.

The two detectives glanced at each other nervously, pushed the file folders towards them, cleared their throats, and proceeded to start the meeting.

Something like a table appeared on the big screen, where two names became the main point of intersection.

- We want to draw your attention to when Nayeon and Shuhua met. We marked this period of time with a purple felt-tip pen - the detective pointed out with a pen, circling the circle. - It was before 20:36 that we began to collect testimonies of witnesses in order to understand how the girls spent this day and evening. We decided to start with Nayeon, because her schedule changed a little during the whole morning.

- Sorry, I would like to make an adjustment to the schedule - Miyeon said not very confident , raising her hand. Everyone turned their eyes to her, Sana was the first to break the silence:

- What do you mean, unnie?

- They met not at 20:36, but earlier. Shuhua wrote to me, showing off - with a little trembling hands she took out the phone, found the necessary correspondence and handed it over to the detective. “Here, look.

The two detectives hunched over the phone, both reading the text written at 7:58 pm an hour before the supposed meeting.

ShuShu :

Unnie, I just found out who I'm going to shoot with. You'll never guess.

Miyeon :

Is she prettier than me?

ShuShu :

I have someone to compare.

Miyeon :

I'm jealous, you're mine!

ShuShu :

I'm not yours, unnie, but I'm pleased. I already see her, I will persuade her to take a picture with me.

Miyeon :

Don't flirt, Shu, or I'll tell Yuqi everything!

ShuShu (smiley):

See you tomorrow, unnie.

Detective /1 got up, took a felt-tip pen, drew a dotted line between 19:58 and 20:58, wrote:

19:58 - 20:14 - Estimated meeting with Nayeon (Shuhua's SMS correspondence with Cho Mien ).

“Now he explains where a couple of minutes have gone in their schedule,” said Detective/2, returning Miyeon 's phone , adding new information to his notes. - Do any of you have additions? - with hope in his voice, he asked the others.

Only one of them timidly raised her hand in confirmation of his request.

- Chaengie - the girls exclaimed from an interrogative form.

- I completely forgot that Nayeon-unnie wrote to me almost at the same time as Shuhua. Honestly, then it was just stupid sms, correspondence, as usual, when unnie - fell silent on the last syllable, glancing at the members and seeing only understanding, without condemnation. - I remembered now, when Miyeon -unnie showed that correspondence.

- Did you keep it? Jungyoung who was sitting next to her asked.

- Of course, I never delete the correspondence with unnie. Once this happened and then unnie sulked at me for two weeks, she explained to the curious looks from the IDLE members, managers and two detectives. “These two weeks have been torture for me,” Chaeyoung pursed her lips, complaining, handing over her phone.

The two detectives leaned over the phone again and read:

20:08 first wrote Nayeon :

Chaengie, I just saw the perfect gift for you. But I can buy only after filming.

Chayeng:

Haha, unnie, did you get the dates mixed up? My birthday is in the summer.

Nayeon:

You need to think about the gift in advance.

Chayeng:

So what's the gift? Hint?

Nayeon:

No, you'll find out later. By the way, I'm having a very nice meeting...

Cheyeon:

Which?

Nayeon:

Nice meeting.

Chayeng:

I'm not talking about who you'll be dating?

Nayeon:

With a nice girl. Very cute and she is so beautiful that it takes your breath away.

Chayeng :

unnie , you said I was the cutest. Who is she? I know her?

Nayeon:

You know, and even she came to visit us several times.

Chaeng:

Who?!

Nayeon:

You'll find out soon enough, I'm sorry, Changi, my name is, it's time to go to work. And... I'll be sure to say hello from you.

Cheyeon:

Good luck unnie.

20:13 Nayeon :

She also says hello to you and asks you to tell Tzuyu that she will call her tomorrow morning to arrange a meeting with her.

Everything fits - the thought flashed through the first detective - then why do the managers keep saying that the photography began at 20:36? After all, according to their testimony, two girls saw each other at that time and immediately after that the photographer called them.

He shared his doubts with his partner, then quietly, so that none of those present could hear, he suggested:

- Maybe one of them is lying. But for some reason I am inclined to believe them - nodded towards the unfortunate managers - although the eyewitnesses who were present at the shooting confirm the words of the photographer. There is something missing from this disappearance story, we just can't find it.

- I agree, maybe today's meeting will clarify it for us. So,” he added louder as he walked back to the table, taking a seat in front of the screen, “let’s go over the timeline of Nayeon and Shuhua’s schedule together. I hope for your attention, we need any little things that we may not have noticed or have not betrayed the value. Let's start with Nayeon and continue with Shuhua.