ch. 2

Kiss Me, Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

“Yeah, no.”

 

“Really? Isn’t the theme of the party red? What’s wrong with this blouse?”

 

“That’s the problem, Wends, it’s a blouse. You need to go in a dress. It’s what the Alphas go crazy for.” Joy got up from Wendy’s bed, thanking the gods that her bed doesn’t reek too much of Irene. The taller one of the two had involuntarily learned how to turn off her nose because Wendy wore Irene’s scent like constant, overbearing perfume. She pushes Wendy towards the dressing room once more, not hearing any of her consistent complaints.

 

“Isn’t that the opposite of what I’m supposed to do? I only need to get Irene’s attention–”

 

“Yes, and your ‘mate’ is as emotional as a crusty painting made 400 years ago. Since you can’t get a reaction from her like this, you need to get one from others. By then she’ll be bound to react as well.”

 

“I did not think you were capable of thinking like this, Joy.”

 

“Oh please, everyone can, unnie. You’re just too nice.”

 

The door slammed on Wendy’s face as Joy closed the door, sighing dejectedly as she turned around, her eyes landing on the big pile of clothes arranged by Joy in a very intimidating pile. She begrudgingly started rummaging for a dress that would hopefully satisfy Madame Park awaiting her outside. For all her complaining, she is thankful that Joy has enough fashion sense to last the both of them.

 

Meanwhile, the Sub-Alpha runs her fingers through her hair, silent. She’s still having trouble believing that her best friend has to go through all of this just so she could have a normal, healthy college life. And could it really even be considered normal when Wendy is the arm candy of the Alpha with the most eyes on her in the entire campus? Can it be considered normal when Wendy wants a life of complete normalcy, and yet she has to go to this party to protect a fake relationship from being exposed fake when it is in actuality? 

 

But really, who is she to worry about Wendy? Is she in any place to worry about others when she has pressing problems of her own beyond drunken parties, Alphas, and fake relationships? Can she worry for others when by the end of the year, she’ll have to show some sort of achievement for her to be able to come home?

 

As soon as the family business had taken off, she was immediately sent to the best school Korea could offer while the rest of them took off all the way to Canada. She had always been aware of her father’s disappointment when she presented as Sub-Alpha when she came of age. Her father was infamous of being an Alpha elitist, and while still Alpha she was at the bottom of the tier. It has always caused a riff between Joy and her father. 

 

It’s always been her dream to go home. To where her mother and her younger sister, Winter, are. 

 

It’s a forbidden thought. A disgusting notion. But maybe if Joy brought a True Omega home, her father would actually be happy and proud of her. But she would rather anything than put Wendy through more of this. 

 

At that, there is a knock on the room's door. Joy raised an eyebrow; as far as she knew, Wendy either is with her or with Irene. Who would come to her dorm this late when there is a party (an ADP party at that) going on elsewhere?

 

She went to open it anyway. The strong combination of Alpha pheromones and alcohol immediately wafted through and overwhelm Joy’s nose; she has the strong urge to scrunch her nose and close the door, when her eyes meet monolid ones. 

 

A Dominant Alpha, Joy could instantly tell. 

 

“Isn’t this Wendy Son’s room?” The voice is sharp, and Joy barely managed to hold back a shiver from running down her spine. 

 

“Who’s asking?” She shot back after a beat.

 

The stranger stared at her, observing closely, before trying to look inside the room. Luckily, both of them are quite equal in height, so Joy blocked her field of vision, wanting her attention on her. The stranger's eyes sharpened as she did. 

 

“Why is another Alpha inside her room?”

 

“The same question could be applied to you. Why are you looking for her?” 

 

Joy gulped as the woman pursed her lips. The movement immediately caught Joy’s eyes, and she wishes she didn’t, and she hopes the woman didn’t notice, but by the way the smirk on her adversary formed, Joy is almost sure she had. Somehow, something about this woman was making every atom on her body very hypersensitive.

 

“Seulgi. I came to drop something off from Irene. Take good care of it.” 

 

Seulgi threw Joy a key. 

 

Seulgi watched as Joy reached to catch it. “Are you coming to the party?” 

 

“No.” The key fell right on her palm, almost falling over as it did, her body definitely not used to this kind of thing. Joy's answer is upfront; she found no reason to go. Besides having gotten many mean looks from those attending, she has little interest in going. She has no one to go for, and nothing to gain from doing so. Why would she–

 

“You should. I want to see you.”

 

Joy has an automatic response, scoffing, about to retort some "Yeah yeah, I know I don't belong there" to some snarky remark she thought Seulgi would make, but Seulgi doesn't. It makes her physically pause. Confused, she looked up in bewilderment to ask Seulgi to elaborate, but Seulgi was gone. Almost like she wasn’t there at all. Joy stepped out a little to the corridor, perplexed at how someone could disappear so quickly. 

 

“Joy?” She then heard Wendy call. “What’s that smell? Did someone come here?” Joy turned around and a gasp escaped her lips.

 

“Oh my God,” Joy breathed out, falling speechless. The reaction and the silence that followed made Wendy turn redder and redder by the minute. By the time the silence hit the second minute mark, Wendy finally stopped fidgeting.

 

“Am I getting a verdict or do I have to continue standing here awkwardly? Also, you didn’t answer my question.”

 

Finally snapping out of her trance, Joy looked down at the keys in her hand. “Just someone from Irene’s posse. She left this.” The Sub-Alpha approached, giving Wendy the keys; she almost cried as she admired her muse. “Oh, look at you! I would be genuinely surprised if this party ends with you and Irene sunbae not becoming the real thing.”

 

Wendy groaned. “Don’t count on it.” 

 

Although, it would be a lie to say that Wendy doesn’t enjoy dressing up once in a while. She only does so every once in a blue moon. While the idea of showing an excessive amount of skin is repulsive, she cannot lie – she looked damn good. 

 

Wendy put the perfume on, her fingers trailing the keys before she pressed a button, and a sound came from outside. She leaned over the window, and her jaw dropped. Seeing her reaction, Joy followed, and her jaw dropped as well.

 

“Holy .” 

 

“Irene lent you a BUGATTI? That’s it, I take back everything I said, would you be willing to trade?”

 

The Omega had to literally catch her breath, the vehicle breathtaking. She’s not even one to show much interest in cars, but this one was a beauty, and for the night, it was all hers.

 

“You sure you don’t wanna come with me?” 

 

Previous attempts at getting Joy to go had always ended in a straightforward no — but this time, she hesitated, eyes trained on the luxury car. “Let me think, that is a damn sweet ride. Will you let me drive it?”

 

“Only after I do.”

 

“That means I wouldn’t be able to! Pretty sure Irene is gonna drive you back home.”

 

“Alright, fine, fine. You can.”

 

“Awesome, be back in a flash!”

 

Comically, in less than a minute the Sub-Alpha was no longer to be seen, and Wendy chuckled at her best friend.


 

-----


 

Irene has had at least two bottles when she caught a hint of that familiar scent. The people on the long sofa are laughing and drinking amidst those dancing around them to the loud music. Her fancy, red blazer and her overall outfit was reeking of the smell of alcohol. 

 

It was loud. It was crowded. Irene would literally be anywhere else but here.

 

But the moment she got a whiff, she got up abruptly, causing the others drinking with her to perk up in question.

 

"Irene? What's wrong–" 

 

Irene didn’t stay for any longer, rushing to the front door. She bumped against everyone in her way. When she finally reached the door, she pushed them open, gathering the attention of those she passed, and her eyes laid on her.

 

"Wendy?" She breathed out, catching sight of that blonde hair.

 

Wendy turned at the call, looking fresh from the light make up she had on and her stunning red dress. She only shined brighter standing in front of the Bugatti, a fitting ride for her mate. Something beat faster seeing Wendy all glittery, but Irene doesn't dare name it.

 

Wendy was shining. Glowing. 

 

"Irene unnie?" Wendy called, with a small smile on her face.

 

She flinched. She hesitated.

 

Her eyes sparkled in relief, but she blinked it away. Irene steadied herself. Everything indicating anticipation drained out.

 

"There you are, I've been waiting for you." She said, as if she hadn't been waiting for her all night. "I was about to die without you." Irene took one step closer, then another, and then another. When the proximity between them closed and they're standing face to face, there was no endearment. There was no genuinity in Wendy's, and Irene was pitch emotionless. It was the look of two people in a contractual relationship, and it worked on anyone who was watching. Their body language made it seem like they were about to hug each other, but Irene just stood there, unmoving.

 

"When are you gonna hug me?" Wendy's eyes clearly said. The Alpha thought of it. She should make the first move. Or maybe it was because she was feeling adventurous or that she's already under so many shots, but she shrugged ever so secretly, so discreetly that only Wendy saw it. 

 

"Who says I have to hug you? You hug me." 

 

They stared at each other for another moment. Wendy's smile stiffened, her hands behind her back, fingers twitching in irritation. "Stop being ridiculous. Hurry up, they're gonna notice."

 

Irene's smile matched Wendy's. "No." The True Alpha said out loud. Witnesses are nothing short of confused as they watch the two engage in what seemed to be a loving staring contest, with Irene suddenly saying 'no' out of nowhere. Another second passed by and the uncomfort is almost unbearable; there is a tense tug-of-war within the True Omega. Her pride wouldn’t let her. She would rather do anything else than be the one to engage in skinship - if only this were with Jisoo, maybe then it would be more bearable.

 

"You're ridiculous, honey." The blonde said through gritted teeth, wrapping her arms around the slightly taller one. Irene didn't think this tiny ball of pride would actually let herself hug her; she was about to give in lest the others could see through it and the jig would be up, but Wendy beat her to it. A chuckle escaped her, wrapping her arms around Wendy.

 

"I can't help it, I need you with me, always." The moment she said that, cheers erupted from the house, and Wendy's hold on her tightened. A lot of the party goers were now watching them, Irene didn't have to turn around to know. The True Alpha in turn, noticing Wendy's discomfort, attempted to use herself in an effort to shield Wendy from insistent eyes. But Irene couldn’t focus on that now. 

 

The Blonde, herself, is caught off guard by Irene's flustered face – by hugging her, perhaps? Pulling back a little to look at her face after Irene’s body got warmer, Wendy’s gaze reflected the surprise on Irene’s. The True Alpha’s eyes were a little dilated, eyebrows knitted, a soft red blush on her cheeks, chest rising up and down a bit too hard. It made Wendy's heart thump.

 

"Unnie?"

 

The True Alpha blinked, shaking her head. ", I've had too much alcohol." 

 

"... I can tell." Wendy replied. Ashamed, Irene bit her lower lip hard, swearing internally that she'll never drink so much again when Wendy's coming or around. Wendy made a mental note that Irene had the tendency to make a few faces that she would never forget when under the influence.

 

"Hey Wendy? I changed my mind, can you ask your girlfriend if I can drive this baby around tonight?" Joy suddenly said from the driver's seat in the car. The rush of events went by so fast that Wendy forgot she had company in the car.

 

"What?! You told me you'll stay with me!" Irene watched as Wendy gave her a 'hold on a second' look, and Irene physically deflated, which went unnoticed. Joy made a peace sign, making Wendy sigh.

 

"You're a flaker, but fine. I can't force you to come. Get back safe?" 

 

"Who says I'm going back? I gotta drive this around," Joy said, making this motion with her eyebrows. Wendy got the message as she sighed, a habit she seemed to be unable to break with Joy, whispering to Irene.

 

"Hey, she really wants to drive this around. Can she? I promise she won't break it." That was a lie. Wendy in no way could guarantee, and knowing Joy, it would probably be an even bigger surprise if she returned it unscathed. Irene took a second to answer as Wendy got out her biggest puppy eyes, and she couldn't stop the scoff that escaped. She immediately covered her lips with a hand as Wendy, embarrassed at her attempt to act all cute, hit her lightly on the shoulder. She did this once, twice, before Irene took her fist with hers. 

 

"Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter