ch. 1

Kiss Me, Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there was anything Wendy hated more than failing, it was the (in)famous True Alpha, Irene Bae. 

 

"She's here! She's here!" Someone shouts, quickly running away from the entrance's small windows, running of onto the seat behind Wendy as everyone's eyes await the doors to open. The blonde sits there with disinterest, resting her cheek against her knuckle while her finger forms a continuous circle on the dark oak table. 

 

"When's the professor coming?" She mumurs, just wanting this class to be over with. Everyone's loud voices quiet into hushed yelling once the diva herself arrives; Dark, red, stoic, and seemingly untouchable, Irene Bae. 

 

Irene scans the room, her eyes falling on a particular head before she walks over. Everyone watches her every step before she scoots right beside Wendy, taking the hand that's forming circles on the table in hers before leaning over, planting her soft lips against Wendy's cheek. 

 

Yes, if there was anything Wendy hated more than failing, it was the infamous True Alpha, Irene Bae.

 

"How are you today, my love?" Irene smiles at her.

 

So why is she here?

 

"It was good, but I missed you though. Why do we only have one class together?" Wendy whines, leaning closer to Irene's shoulder. The Alpha chuckles, pecking her temple again. 

 

"I missed you too."

 

The whole class stares - a mix of adoration, awe, and fear all being directed towards them. It wasn't a rare sight to see the top student with the top Alpha, but every time someone catches sight of the couple, a new batch of rumors erupt. After all, Irene is from a prominent family made of True Alphas with well-bred Omega mates. Wendy herself stands toe-to-toe when it comes to their secondary genders, representing to be a rare type of class called True Omega. But she has no prominence nor connections to be on the same league as Irene when it came to anywhere else. It's one of the many reasons why interest in the couple is so high - they belong on opposite sides of society, and yet here they are, appearing to be perfect for each other.

 

"But it's all fake," Of course, it can't be real. Wendy finds it too much of a hassle if she actually gets with the True Alpha, and she doesn't think Irene would gain much from being with her. This is all part of their contract, one that she'd crafted with Irene that serves them both benefits, and it was working so beautifully. 

 

The deal was that for a year, she and Irene would fake date. They're both seniors despite Wendy being a year younger because she skipped a grade. Irene transferred mid-year from the States. 

 

In Rouge University, it isn't all butterflies. While its only viable competition is SNU, the main difference between them is that RU is for the elite of the elite, with a select few students accepted on full scholarships. SNU has a requirement for brains, while RU has a requirement for a very, very big wallet. Thus, for a small upstart with no reputation of luxury and being an Omega at that, Wendy became a very targetable student for bullying and discrimination. And if there was even anything that she hated more besides failing and Irene, it would be that rich kids remain rich kids, arrogance and all. The True Omega quickly learned from them that money only fears bigger money, so when Irene came along, it became a whole new story.

 

She went from rags to riches the moment Irene announced her claim on her. After many discussions about what they'd get from their deal, they both agreed with fake dating until they graduate. If Wendy's reason to fake date Irene was for protection and to avoid a problematic life and attain a peaceful time at RU (while also getting some side benefits), Irene's would be more personal, more family oriented. 

 

Irene's only interest is to become the heir of her father's empire, but she's deemed ineligible until she gets herself a mate. Her father is a strong believer that the first thing a True Alpha should be able to conquer is their Omega, and if they can't do that, then they're deemed incompetent. Irene's hand is already publicly promised to someone else, the heiress of the Kim Empire, Kim Jennie. And the True Alpha has little to no interest in ever settling down, so she just has to put on a little show with Wendy where she gets her heart so broken that she can't love someone else anymore. It's been more than a few decades since Irene's family had mated with a True Omega, and it's a famous myth that True Alphas and True Omegas are soulmates through and through. If she plays her cards right, she might just be able to keep chaste, which is exactly what she wants, to Wendy's knowledge.

 

"Ow!" Wendy hisses as Irene shifts in her seat, accidentally hitting Wendy's knee. The True Alpha doesn't react, Wendy biting her lip to prevent the atrocities begging to escape her lips. She rubs the skin in hopes to soothe it, shoving glares down Irene's way when she feels a new presence on her other side, a strong, musky scent of another Alpha enveloping her nose. She turns, her day brightening up immediately.

 

"Hello, unnie!" She happily greets. Jisoo returns Wendy's smile, making her heart almost leap out of her chest. 

 

"Hey, Wendy," Jisoo greets back, her face equally cheery. The True Alpha doesn't return her politeness, her face expressionless as she suddenly puts an arm around Wendy's shoulders. Wendy's eyebrow twitches, wanting to shiver in disgust feeling. "Irene, hello." Jisoo greets by extension, bowing a little, even when they're the same age. Irene doesn't react, jumping a little when Wendy suddenly pinches the side of her stomach, urging her to greet Jisoo back.

 

"Hello." The True Alpha's voice is monotone, which is what Wendy should've expected. The air stills before Wendy internally sighs; she's about to open when their professor suddenly walks in.

 

The cherry on top when it came to this class was that this was Anatomy Education, a required class for every student. It's the same as Education from highschool, but more in depth, the taboo of the class being removed entirely. Not only is this class a total bore for Wendy, but since this class also discusses Secondary Genders and Hierarchy, eyes are always set on the two of her and Irene. In their eyes, the myth of a True Alpha meeting their True Omega must be true. All according to their plan, of course, but a part of Wendy wishes that someone would catch on that there's no such thing as a 'magnetic spark' between them, because by then they could call it quits on this plan.

 

"Welcome back to Anatomy Ed, everyone. Please quiet down." Professor Kim, or as everyone on campus calls her, 'Professor Dreamy', isn't a True Alpha, but the way she commands the entire room makes it seem like she is. Perhaps that is why Wendy has always put some sort of adoration for Professor Kim, she aspires to be like that. 

 

The way she carries herself with endless grace and confidence makes everyone want to follow her every whim, with Wendy being an exception. The True Omega is smothered in Irene's scent every time they're in this class, so she's unaffected, although she can't say the same for the other Omegas, Betas, and even a few Alphas who shift on their seat everytime Professor Kim opens .

 

"Since we tackled the middle of the pack of True Betas, Betas and Sub Betas last meeting, we're gonna talk about the top of the pack today - Alphas." Pausing, Professor Kim strides to catch everyone's attention. "Alphas are extremely strong, and they command attention and absolute submission everywhere they go. The lowest rank in Alpha is Sub Alpha, who don't possess the same traits as the other two sub-categories. Unlike Dominant Alphas and True Alphas, Sub Alphas cannot exude their scent at will, and don't have the same strength and masculine exterior as other Alphas. During mating season, these are the Alphas who can control themselves the most, their most in-tune are Betas, so…" 

 

There was a point when Wendy's brain stopped paying attention. She's an excellent student, excelling in academics with the exception of physical activities. She's always found it so unfair that Alphas are just born with their body; they have natural muscles, stamina, and respect is a given to them. While being an Omega, a True Omega at that, means that she can only lay her head low and hope that no one looks too close at her. 

 

"... Lastly, True Alphas are the highest of the high. The hierarchy isn't made for them, it's made by them. They reign supreme in everything. A beta that's been practicing since they were a child and is considered the best baseball player in the world can be overthrown by a True Alpha whose been practicing for less than a week. Their prodigal skills are what makes them such a rarity, with only a few families in the world who have True Alpha bloodlines. Can someone tell me why that is?"

 

A student raises their hand. "Yes, Ms. Park?" 

 

Wendy glances towards them, recognizing the student as Rose Park. She has seen her hanging around Irene's posse, she figures she's one of the girlfriends in the Alpha's four-piece group.

 

"True Alphas can only be produced by having two True Alphas, or with a True Omega."

 

Taeyeon nods.  "Correct. However, True Alpha pairings end in tragedy as a True Alpha female's body cannot handle being impregnated, and so the fetus that grows in their womb serves as their poison, slowly killing them up to Birth. When it comes to True Alpha-Omega parings, it's vastly different. They serve as the True Soulmates in the whole hierachy. Only a few things are considered a True Alpha's weakness, as they themselves can withstand even the strong scent of an in-heat Omega. Themselves, greed, and only True Omegas serve as their weak points."

 

As soon as the Professor said that, everyone turned to Wendy and Irene and the room echoed with "ooh~"s. Wendy grumbles under her breath, Professor Kim's gaze landing on Wendy and Irene. "Ah yes, we do have an example here. A very rare couple. A pair of True's, it's absolutely exceptional that you both found each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter