Pinches, Whether Good or Bad

Lovelost Elegy

 

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 13: Pinches, Whether Good or Bad

Fumiko panted nervously as she slid down on her room. Her hyperventilation seemed worse than ever as she thought of the dinner with the Inoo Family. Unlike before, the thought of Kei rather disturbs her and gave little comfort since she knows that Kei is very much in love with his girl friend, Saeko. Deep inside, Fumiko loved the boy so much ever since they were kids. Poor girl, Kei doesn’t love her the way she does for him. She loves his girlfriend so much that he even started to act coldly towards Morimoto Fumiko. The two had a close relationship when they were kids, but it gradually faded away as they learned to live with a new word called “Engagement”.

“I really love him.... But seeing him do this hurts me too...” Fumiko uttered to herself as she tried to calm down.

Fumiko heard a soft knock on her door.

“Fumiko-sama, the guests have arrived” The maid spoke softly on her door. Fumiko took one last look at herself before skidding down the banister. Soothing classical music could be heard in the Morimoto mansion. Their living room was turned into a classy looking venue. Both families were wearing clothes that fit the location. Kei’s mother approached her and kissed her on the cheek.

“How have you been, Fumiko-chan?” she asked with a gentle voice. She smiled at the woman. She’s fond of her. She treated her and Ryutaro just like her own kids.

“I’m fine, Auntie. How about you?” Fumiko asked back.

“Well, still beautiful like you.” She said while Fumiko’s long hair.

Fumiko blushed at the compliment. Inoo Kariya patted her back and approached her mother. She saw Kei staring at her. She bowed and smiled at him. His blank expression never changed as Fumiko could only sigh silently for the man she loved.

“... Still the same cold treatment as always.” She thought to herself.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Kei stared at Fumiko for a while when her mother approached her. She saw him and smiled at her. The smile, however, was thrown back by a cold stare. Kei clearly didn’t want to show her even a pinch of affection.

“ If you were gone, I’d probably be away from this hellhole with Saeko instead.” Kei thought to himself selfishly. His thoughts quickly change as he observed Fumiko carefully with his cold stare. Her lavender dress, her insincere and sad smile, the flow of her jet black hair. Everything about Saeko flushed out as he observed his fiancée.

 “... She’s pretty.” He thought to himself. As soon as he realized what he was thinking about, he immediately shook his head and proceeded to walk on the dinner table.

The two families sat down on the dinner table and chatted happily about their business. Fumiko and Kei, who were seated beside each other, were blanketed in pure silence.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Aoi stayed at the hospital that night since she couldn’t take being alone in the house. She was lying on the sofa when she heard the door burst open. Out came the doctor and saw the sleeping mother. He turned to Aoi.  

“Your mother could come home tomorrow but make sure that she drinks her medicine and remind her not to strain herself too much.” He said with a serious tone. The doctor looked at her straight in the eye and this mildly frightened the girl. She thanked him and the doctor went out of the room. Aoi sighed while her head rested on the sofa.

“ It’s a good thing that the agency can give me an advanced payment. I could use that to pay for Okaa-san’s hospital bills.” Aoi thought to herself and smiled.

 She decided that she must do her best on the training on Monday for her mother.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Yuto was standing for about half an hour on the train station when he felt hands covering his eyes. He immediately knew who owns those hands as he already sniffed the cherry scented hand wash.

“Mieko, you don’t have to do that and why are you so late?” He asked in an irritated tone to the midget that just arrived.

“Sorry about that, Yutorin.” She said with a childish apologetic pout.

Yuto just sighed.

“...You’ll never change, you silly midget.” He said to the girl harshly.  

They started to ride the train. Both of them wore their caps and shades. However, as Yuto sighed and took his ticket, he was taken aback when Mieko suddenly took off her hat and her shades, replacing them with clear ungraded glasses.

“Oi! We’ll be caught! Why’d you take them off?!” Yuto whispered angrily. Mieko gave him a hard look.

“I don’t care! I want to be myself, so who are you to stop me?! Besides, you could pose as my older brother...” Mieko crossed her hands and headed towards the train. Yuto sighed as they went inside.

 They drifted into silence while the train travels in a steady pace. Both of them too tired to speak. Mieko and Yuto were both going into a photo shoot at the same place. The taller boy started to worry on how he would be able to drag Mieko into walking. She’s just like a kid. He sighed as he leaned on the glass window of the train.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The next day, Aoi and her mother went back home. The daughter could only smile as her mother on the bricks of the walls of the home. They rested for a bit, and her mother cooked breakfast.

Rina stared at her daughter as she carefully observed the contents of the paper.  

“... What could that paper be?” She wondered.

“Aoi-chan, your breakfast is ready?” Rina called out to Aoi. Aoi faced her mother and smiled. She folded the paper and placed it inside her bag. They started eating their breakfast.

“Did I miss anything?” Rina asked her daughter.

Aoi smiled at her mother and shook her head.

“I had a tour at Kamikui Academy the other day and I was able to thank Izanami-senpai and Fumiko-senpai properly for their help! And there’s another one. I made another friend. Her name’s Kagamine Mieko.” Aoi happily announced as she chewed on her French toast.

“That’s great, isn’t it?” Rina said with a smile. She thought of the name of Aoi’s new friend.

“Kagamine Mieko... I think I’ve heard of her... Is she a model?” she asked.

“Eh, you know her?” Aoi asked back.

Rina nodded.

“Her parents are also celebrities. You would know her better as soon as you meet her again. It’s a good thing that you were able to make new friends. I’m sure your life would be fun at school.” She smiled.

“... I hope so... I was also able to make new enemies...” She mumbled to herself.”

To be continued~