Time for change

U-KISS Your Fate

"_____, honey " mom said as she looked at you over her first cup of coffee for the day," Is there anything you want to do?"

Bringing her coffee she joins you at the table,"I mean Jason and I will be leaving for our honeymoon in a few days....and with us being busy you and I really havent had a mother daughter moment in awhile....."

Your moms right. You two havent been very close of late but you don't mind. You had been happy just to see her happy again and you understand that there is another person in the family, not just you and you've come to terms with the fact that your mother isn't just yours any more.

"Mom", you say as you grab a hold of her hand and give her a reassuring smile,"I'm fine really and I've been so busy getting used to it here that I haven't really noticed."

But still unsure she looks at you with a guilty face,"Mom, really I'm fine but if you are so worried about it why don't we make today a girls only day", you say giving mom your best smile.

"Yeah, Lorie that's a great idea!" Jason said as he walked into the room joining you both for breakfast. "It would be could for you two to have some fun before we go and I can make sure everything is ready for our flight on Friday."

"_____"your mom says, "If you want you can come with us"

"EEEEWW!" You can't help but say at the thought and you give a mock shudder,"Seeing you two all lovey dovey would just make me sick"

Jason gently swats you with the paper,"You're lucky I don't take the money we are leaving for you for things other then whats neccessary"

"Now, Jason" your mother chides."You know that you spoil ____ more than I, her own mother, does."

"Yeah " you tease,"You can't help but spoil me, I'm just to darn loveable"

Ha ha ha , Jason laughs as he shoos you both out the door, "Have fun you two and don't come back until at least one of you has a piercing!",He calls out to you and your mom as you both head out the door.

                                                                                             **********

 

 

"______" your mother sighs. "Really I don't understand the hesitation....It's just a haircut"

It's true it is just a hair cut ..but, that's a big deal for you. You have always had the same hair for as long as you can remeber. Long, thick hair, ending at your waist. You only have trimmed it since the third grade when Kyle Mosey said that he only liked girls with long hair.

"Honey, it's a new start for you here why don't you give something new a try with your looks too", your mother says at she looks at you in the mirror.

You know what? She's right! You said that coming to Korea was a dream and that coming here would allow you to do the things you wanted to do yet never did. Instead your stuck with the same you as before, a girl to afraid of standing out, of speaking to anyone, to absorbed in the little things that life has been slowly passing you by. Well, it ends today! Your going to change,be more self confident and do things that you had always wanted to do but had never actually done. Today was a time for change.

"Okay"

"What?"your mom asks.

"I'm ready....but I want something more than just a hair cut...."

Your moms gazes at you with surprise and a huge smile slowly comes to her lips.

"Oh ____, do I have just the thing for you" she says and begins to whisper her demands to the hair dresser, who has also begun to smile.

 

 

                                                                                     


Wow, this is my firs fanfic and I'm really excited! I know I haven't gotton the U-KISS boys in yet but they will show up soon. I hope it will turn out well. Please leave comments! I would really like some feedback. Hopefully I will have time and add another chapter later today...but hopefully people will be interested in the story.

:)