chapter 1: they became teenagers

there is something about her.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years later… 

 

Danielle has grown into a beautiful and sweet girl that everyone at school admires. Besides being the popular kid, she is also undoubtedly the infamous troublemaker that keep coming up with unconventional schemes. At some points the adults has already given up on trying to straighten her out. Much of it was due to the fact that she is also one of the smart students that contributes to boosting the school academic performance. 

 

Too bad that genius brain of hers comes with unpredictable quirks. When Danielle just started her year at secondary school, she tried proving a physics question wrong to her teacher by basically demonstrating it in real life. She wanted to show the accurate numbers of helium balloons needed to lift a car and she successfully pulled it off. However, her success costs a helpless physics teacher having to watch her newly obtained Tesla flew up to the sky. 

 

Being an insensitive girl, Danielle still tried to prove her point to her teacher, “My answers were correct, the exact balloon needed were 9100.”

 

The physics teacher reaction was beyond speechless. Her faces were covered with tears, full on red and her eyes filled with despair.

 

It was an eye-opening event that shocked the entire school. Also due to the fact that someone record the whole thing on video, the public knew about this incident too, even making the video in meme and it went viral. In turn, Danielle’s parents had to replace a new Tesla for the traumatised physics teacher and they were utterly displeased by Danielle’s behaviour. 

 

Therefore, she was sent off to therapy during that semester break. The diagnosis turn out to be nothing serious just her creative side of the brain felt stuck not having an outlet and she has poor impulse-control. Her therapist suggested that she should take up art to help express her desire to create. 

 

Hence, she took the suggestion and started joining the school art club. During the process, she slowly grew to like making art and even became a pro at it in a short amount of time. Her favourite form of art turned out to be installation art. Mainly because she like learning new skill to handle different types of material in the process of creating a piece. Since she was preoccupied with art most of the time, the trouble caused by her has somewhat became lesser but not totally stopped.

 

Despite all the changes happening to Danielle, her two close-knitted friends never fails to always be there for her. 

 

-

 

Being the oldest in the trio, Hanni always felt the need to protect the younger duo. Yet on the outside, Hanni is kinda on the losing end on her growth spurt, making her look younger than the two. Even though she already a sophomore but she still look like a cute junior in secondary school. What makes her sadder was the constant teasing coming from Danielle as the latter like comparing Hanni and Hyein’s height. 

 

“Another year another inch difference.”, Danielle points out while she compares the two with her hand.

 

In response, Hanni would just rolled her eyes then received a warm embrace from Hyein to appease her. Ultimately, Hanni pretty much hasn’t changes at all from her younger self. Her love for romcom novel has never flattered one bit. Her inner hopeless romantics still craves for that stereotypical meet-cute moment happening to her. Though it did kinda happened to her one time.

 

While Hanni was in her junior year, she was delighted to finally browse the secondary school library legally in broad daylight. She was basically in her zone, going through the row of newly stocked romcom books. She would pick out the book turning over to read the synopsis, searching for the perfect next read. 

 

Since the back of the shelf doesn’t have much gap or any barrier in between, Hanni would carefully place the book back to avoid pushing the opposite books off the shelf. Too bad the person on the other side didn’t think it through like her did, shoving the book back on the shelf too hard accidentally bumping the book on Hanni’s side to fall on her head. Unfortunately for her, it was a 600 pages book that could definitely leave a big bump of her forehead. Her yelp quickly alerted the person on the other side to rush onto her side.

 

Hanni was sitting on the ground, rubbing her swelling forehead. Not being able to control, her eyes had tears flowing out due to the surge of pain. That person witness the whole scene and instantly regretted their action.

 

“I’m so sorry.”, the person apologised.

 

Hanni heard the apology then quickly wipe off her tears with her hands, not wanting to show her vulnerability to a stranger. She looked up to find a familiar face looking back at her. Turned out it was the girl who recently got elected to become the vice student president, Kim Minji. Her face was filled with guilt, staring at that red bump on Hanni’s forehead. 

 

Without much thought, Minji bend down and instructed the other girl to climb on her back, “Get on, I’ll take you to the infirmary.”

 

It was nice of the girl to lend a hand but Hanni finds no need for a piggyback ride from her. 

 

“It’s okay, I’m doing fine.”, Hanni politely rejects the help.


She could stand upright just fine until the dizziness hit her when she tried. Minji’s good reflex got Hanni in time, she was holding around the latter’s waist to stop her from falling. A sigh of relief came out of Minji when she managed she save the girl. Meanwhile, Hanni was somehow panicking internally for being so close to someone she barely knows. 


“Nope, stop restraining, we’re going to the infirmary now.”, Minji insisted.

 

Not giving Hanni the time to process, Minji was piggybacking her in a swift motion. Surprisingly, Minji was strong enough to carry the girl from the library toward the infirmary which is quite a distance. As a well respected person in school, Minji often receives greeting from fellow students and teachers. Throughout the path, there were students greeting her with a look of confusion. Minji return the greeting respectfully like she’s not holding someone on her back. 

 

Meanwhile, not only the bump on Hanni forehead is getting redder even her cheek turn red from the embarrassment. Good thing, they finally arrived at the infirmary. The school nurse was quick to help Hanni with her bruises. She felt stinging pain as the cold compress came in contact with her forehead. 

 

“Hold this close on your bruise for a bit. I’ll be back with the bandage.”, the nurse instructed.

 

Hanni nodded in response. The nurse moved away, revealing Minji standing behind the curtain, face showing signs of worries. 


“Thanks for bringing me here.”, Hanni thanked the latter.

 

Minji walked closer toward Hanni, “No need to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter