chapter 0: pilot

there is something about her.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yes, there is something about Danielle. She has a positively odd ball behaviour and her luck in life is questionably good. It was like she was destined to live a weirdly interesting life and she doesn’t mind it at all.

 

Growing up, she has always does things that either her parents or her sister could understands. She is a wildly creative person and a troublemaker at heart. Danielle has this massive influential force that makes people tag along to whatever weird ideas that goes on in her head. 

 

One time when she was in kindergarten, she leads her classmates to draw on the wall behind their classroom. Though they had plenty of fun drawing but her classroom teacher was freaking out after seeing the supposedly plain white wall turned into a canvas filled with crayon drawings. When found out that Danielle was the one behind this, she was called in to their headmaster room with her parents. They questioned her on why she did it. Turned out she had this idea after watching documentary about a mural artist drawing around the street of a country. In her words, “I just wanted to beautify the classroom like that artist did to the streets.”. The adult was immediately melted by her sweet yet naïve thinking so they let her go. 

 

And sure they regret that decision. Just by being a tiny sized Danielle, she has  managed to brought on enough troubles to drive the people around her nuts. Her weird antics never stop and so does her parents frequent visit at the headmaster room. At some point, it was getting out of her parents hand and they had decided to take action on it. They figured that maybe boarding school is the answer to the problem. 

 

She was eight years old when she was sent off to boarding school at Korea. Danielle had never hold resentment on her parents for the decision they made, rather she’s grateful that they did it. Attending that boarding school, she got to meet the two most wonderful people in the world. Her best friend, Hanni and Hyein.

 

-

 

Danielle met Hanni on her second year in boarding school. Hanni was a timid and shy, ten years old girl who just transferred from Vietnam. She wanted to makes friend but was too scared to approach her classmates. She ended up being a loner on her first week in boarding school because she couldn’t blend in. 

 

To divert herself from reality, Hanni chooses books to help her do that. Many kids her age might pick a fantasy, teen or crime novel but she begs to differ. Hanni loves reading sappy adult romantic comedy. It may not be an age appropriate book for her but she couldn’t care less. After all, she’s in it for the meet-cute, unnecessary drama, tears prickling moment and the ultimate confession or get-together scene. Knowing that the story behind how her parents meet was like the romcom books she reads, it filled her hope that someday she could have her romcom moment too.

 

Since Hanni spent most of her time reading, she normally spent her time at the school library. Specifically the secondary school library because that’s where the adult books at. As a primary school student, she was not allowed to get in so she sneaks in during the night to pick her book. The school library system so don’t bother questioning how she got the book out or in. 

 

On a particular day while Hanni is on her sneaking in the library routine, she met nine year old Danielle. The latter almost shrieks when she bumped into the older girl, thinking she was a ghost. Hanni quickly shut her up by her covering with her tiny palm.

 

“Shhh. Someone might hear you.”, Hanni shushed the younger girl.

 

Finally, Danielle calmed down. She lightly push off the other girl’s palm and speak, “Don’t mind if I ask, what are you doing here this late?”

 

“I’m getting books, duh.”, Hanni holds up the novel she picked. “I should ask you the same question too.”, she questioned the girl’s presence.

 

“I’m on a hunt.”, Danielle eyes brighten up as she speaks.

 

Hanni had a hunch that this weird champ is up to no good but her curiosity got the best of her so she decided to stick around for more answers.

 

“Hunt for what?”, she asked.

 

“You see, there’s this rumour going around about ghosts lurking in this exact library. Some says they saw strange shadows running around and some even heard weird noises.”, Danielle was acting out what she said with her hands.

 

After finishing her words, she took out a bottle of holy water and a cross. 

 

“I have weapons with me to hunt down those ghosts, wanna join?”, Danielle put off a heroic vibe as she invites the latter to join.

 

Hanni’s ten year old brain was naïve enough so she believed every word Danielle said. She immediately agrees to tag along. The two young girls stick closely as they navigate through the rows of shelves inside the dark gigantic library. One of them were holding the cross while another holds the holy water.

 

Out of the sudden, they heard something. Both of them got scared but Danielle decided to continue moving just so she could play hero to hunt the ghost. Hanni grips tightly on Danielle’s shirt, tailing behin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter