Always Be Mine

Always Be Mine [ONE SHOT]

 

~I hear you breathe
You're lying close to me~

 

I watched my chest move up and down as I took in steady breaths. I looked over to my side and saw him resting peacefully beside me. I slowly brought my arm over to his side and brought his body closer to mine. I smiled as I held him tight and closed my eyes hoping to get some sleep.

 

I slowly opened my eyes but quickly shut them as the bright sun invaded my room. I slowly opened them again, letting my eyes adjust to the light.

I sighed as my mind scrambled through the dream I just had.

I brought my arm up to my head and rested it against the side. I quickly pulled my arm back and swung lightly at the side of my head. “Bapo.” I whispered. “Stop dreaming about random boys.”

I got out of bed and got ready for school. I quickly ran downstairs and ate my breakfast. “Good morning umma.” I choked out through my stuffed mouth. My mother laughed at me as I ran out the door saying I would be home a bit late tonight.

I closed the front door behind me and looked up at the beautiful, clear sky.

 

~The shadows gone
I have found my peace~

 

I smiled as I began to reminisce about my damaged past, and how far I had come. I had been hurt many times throughout my life, and I was simply tired of it. But I’m glad that it’s only a past memory now and I can live my life smiling.

I continued to walk to school smiling. It was just such a beautiful day, and I was feeling perfect.

 

I greeted my friends as I got into the classroom. I took my seat, and started talking to them about plans for this weekend. We had to stop when the teacher came in, and my friends went back to their seats.

 

I spent the day laughing and smiling with my friends. I left school and started to walk back home. I looked up at the sky, but no longer saw the bright sun smiling down on me. Instead gloomy, dark rain clouds greeted me.

I picked up my pace when I felt a cold raindrop hit my nose. I was walking home when my phone rang. I picked it up to hear a sobbing voice on the other line.

“U-Umma?” I slowly questioned into the line.

“Haerin” Her voice sobbed on the other line. “I’m so sorry.”

“What happened?” I asked, but soon regretted it.

“Grandma. You know she hasn’t been feeling well.” I felt a tear fall from my eye as the words left my mother’s mouth. I have been really close with my grandma ever since I was born. She was always there for me. She was the only relative whom I kept contact with. I tried to always be there for her, but it was hard when she lived half way across the world. I would always call her to see how she was doing. But one night, when I called her, her voice sounded very off. But when I asked her what was wrong, she only told me that she had a slight cold, and I could simply hear the smile in her voice so I pushed any worried thoughts aside.

I guess it was more than just a little cold… I heard my mother’s voice on the other line continue to explain what happened, but I couldn’t hear it. I didn’t want to. I didn’t know what to do when losing someone so precious to me.

I ended the call without saying a word to my mother; I just didn’t want to hear anymore.

I walked away from my nearing house and made my way to the near by park.

I sat down and felt sadness envelope me. I felt the cold rain pound down on my head. I sat on the park bench as the clouds continued to cry with me.

I suddenly felt the rain stop. As if someone was blocking it. I looked up at the sky with my tear stained eyes, but instead I saw red.

Someone was holding an umbrella over me.

“Please don’t cry. Pretty girls shouldn’t have to cry.” I heard a soothing male voice speak from behind the umbrella.

 

~You make me calm
With you I'm safe from harm~

 

I tried to see the persons face, but the umbrella obstructed my view. I felt warmness cover my arms and looked down to see a jacket over top of me. I looked back over expecting to see someone there. But there was no one. The umbrella was lying on the ground. And there was no one in sight. I pulled the jacket closer to my body and slowly smiled through the tears. “Thank you.” I mumbled to the empty park in front of me.

 

~And right by your side
I'll stay through the night 'til eternity
That's the way it will be~

 

I continued to think of the stranger as I walked home. I kept brushing my arm against my chest, checking if his jacket was there. I didn’t want to wake up and find out that this was another one of my silly dreams. But no matter what I did. I didn’t wake up. It wasn’t a dream.

I heard some guy whistle as I walked by. I shuddered when I heard his eyrie voice. “Hey baby, wanna do me a favour?”

I walked faster, hoping he wouldn’t come near me. “Baby, I’m talking to you.” I felt like he only a couple of steps behind me. But when I turned around he wasn’t there. I heard someone grunt from behind the corner of a building, but I ran away. I was so scared at this point.

I was just thankful that someone was there to protect me.

 

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. I looked around my room and saw his jacket lying on my chair. “I don’t know who you are, but thank you.” I smiled back at the memory of yesterday, and the stranger who helped me.

I got out of bed and grabbed the jacket. I put it on and made my way outside.

I took a step outside, and looked up at the clear sky smiling down at me.

 

~Just like the sun
You make me warm inside~

 

I hugged my arms, feeling the jacket on my skin. “I wonder if I’ll see you again.” I whispered into the warm summer air.

 

~Like a soft summer breeze
A moment to seize

So true I won't stop loving you~

 

I felt a warm breeze rush by me. Blowing my hair to the side as it came by. I smiled as I looked around at the world, which seemed so perfect right now.

 

I walked over to the same park I was at yesterday. I smiled at the clear sky but suddenly my vision got blurry. I felt something wet fall from my eyes.

“I miss you grandma. I hope you’re happy now.” I felt more tears rush down my face as I sat down on the swing.

I felt the swing start to move back and forth slowly. “Didn’t I tell you not to cry?” I heard a familiar voice question from behind me. I slowly turned around. I was honestly scared to see the man behind me.

I would get to see the man whom has been on my mind for the past 24 hours. I fully turned my head back, but was once again greeted by an empty park.

“You can keep my jacket. It suits you.” I jerked my head back to the front and finally saw the face of the person whom helped me yesterday.

“Hi.” He gave me a heart-melting smile. “My name is Jay. Jay Park.” I continued to stare at the beautiful man in front of me.

He let out a genuine laugh that mesmerized me. “You shouldn’t have to cry by yourself at the park.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out something yellow. He walked around to behind me and stayed there.

I continued to look straight ahead, not knowing what to expect. Suddenly something yellow blocked my view. I pulled my head back and saw a balloon, which was the colour of a beautiful yellow rose. “I don't have a flower with me, so you’ll have to settle for this balloon.”

I slowly grabbed the balloon from his hand and he walked back around to face me. I slowly closed my eyes, thinking of the wonderful man standing in front of me.

All I knew about him was his name, but yet I felt like he already had my heart.

I felt him grab my hand and pull me forward. I accidentally let go of my balloon. I opened my eyes and saw the bench nearing, the one where we had first met. I looked up at the sky and saw my balloon slowly float away.

He sat down, and pulled me down to sit with him.

I looked over at him and saw him smiling up at the sky. This man looked so perfect. Yet I didn’t even know him.

I continued to look at his smiling face, and I too began to smile.

 

-3 month later-

 

I walked over to the park and saw the man I had been waiting for. Jay and I have been meeting here everyday ever since we met.

I still didn’t know everything about him, but he had my heart from the first day. I knew I was falling for him.

I walked over to the bench and he looked over at me with a genuine smile plastered on his face; the smile that I knew so well.

I sat down beside him, and looked up at the clear sky.

“It really is beautiful.” I whispered. I looked over at Jay and saw his eyes closed. His head fell onto my shoulder, and he kept it there. I looked over at his face and smiled.

 

~And I wonder what you're dreaming of
You're so peaceful when you sleep~

 

I smiled at his peaceful face. I slowly brought my hand up and brushed a stray hair away from his eyes.


~Everything I want everything I need is lying here in front of me~

 

I looked back up at the clear sky. I smiled as I began to reminisce about my past. Not once did I think I would have fallen for a stranger.

 

~And if I ever lose my power to fly
Then your love takes me high
I'll always be true to you~

 

I remembered all the times I had been hurt in the past. I looked down at Jay and finally realized how perfect he truly was.


~Sometimes I think I might lose it all
Guess the chances are small~

 

I looked at his sleeping face. “I hope you can be my prince charming.” I whispered. I didn’t ever want to lose him.


~'Cause you hold me close I feel you near
Don't let go say you'll always be here~

 

I jumped when I felt Jay snake his arms around my waist. He tightened his grip and pulled me closer to him. I smiled again as I looked down at him.


~Just hold me tight and I'll be fine~

 

I looked up at the sky. “Grandma. I’m finally able to smile again.” I looked down at the boy sleeping beside me. “Thanks to you.”


~Dreaming you will always be mine~