Soojin Park

Forever Theirs(Given up)

 

Soojin POV

 

I was walking out the hospital with my aunt and I could tell she was in bad mood. She always is when ever she has to come with me to the hospital, if it were up to me I would come by myself but I’m still a minor under her care.

 

“Do you have everything ready for next week? I don't want to hear that you forgot something or you need something cause I made it clear...”

 

“I got everything ready.” I interrupted her before she finished. “ The school papers are already taken care of and my stuff has already been moved to the new apartment. So I'm set.” I kept walking and stopped by her car I heard her footsteps then she appear next to her car door. She opened it and gave me one last look.

 

“Good. Call when a real emergency happens. You already know how the account works and the doctor said is fine for you to come by yourself from now on. I'll talk you later.” She got inside her car and it didn't take long for her to begin driving off. It occurred to me that this might be the last time I see, but at the same time I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder.

 

I began to walk slowly having no destination in mind but I knew I had some unpacking to do back at home and some shopping. I sigh and decided to go into a music store. I was walking around looking through CD after CD with no real interest in any of it. The store was quiet empty at this hour.

 

I was putting an album down when I heard a husky voice singing. Who ever he was he was very good, I listen for a couple of seconds and decided to find out who was singing. I walked through the aisle and came to the instrument section. There was no one here but the voice was clearer.

 

I walked closer and that when I noticed a young boy with long black hair probably around my age fixing some books on a shelve. I stood there hearing for a few when he suddenly stop and turned around.

 

“You have a nice voice” I blurted out. I instantly slapped my forehead. “Way to go dummy he catches you staring at him and you just blurted out like that.” I didn't realize I said that out loud until he chuckled. I looked at him.

 

“Do you usually talk to yourself?” He asked turning his back and continuing fixing the books.

 

“Umm I don't think so. But sometimes I might think I'm thinking stuff and I might actually say it out loud. My friends told me I have that habit.” There was silence when I finished talking. I was contemplating on what to say next.

 

I began to walk closer when I noticed him moving bit uncomfortable. When I stood next to him I noticed him stiffened, and his eyes wouldn't stop looking around.

 

“Are you nervous?” I asked him. He put his head down a bit. I couldn't help but chuckled a bit. “Is it because I'm next to you or is it because of what I said?”

 

“Not many think I have a nice voice” He murmured but it was loud enough for me to hear.

 

“Well forget what they say, I say you got a great voice.” He looked up at me and smiled a bit shy. He was cute I had to admit. At that moment my phone rang. It was one of my friends from school I picked it up and walked away from the boy so he wouldn't hear my conversation.

 

“I said I'm alright. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I knew you wouldn't agree.” I listen to my friend go on and on and in the end she wasn't please with me at all that she decided we should end our friendship. I hung up the phone and sigh when I turned around I notice the boy wasn't there.

 

I decided to leave the store and start walking home to get stuff done. I was walking by a park when I heard a scream and I jumped. “What was that about?” I looked around but didn't see any one. I suddenly heard the scream again and something like a splash. I follow thenoise and came by a river and I noticed a small figure by the edge of the water.

 

“AGHHHH hate this.” The figure threw some rocks at the river. I laughed. “You know for someone as small as you, you showing a lot of frustration.” I said making him jumped at the sound of my voice. He glared at me a second then turn back around.

 

“I don't know why you sound upset but don't you think you too young to be upset at anything.”

 

“I'm about to be 12” I laughed at his serious tone. “Okay I take it back you are not so young but I still think there no reason for you to be that agree.”

 

“Yes there is. No one understand.” He stood quiet after that. I didn't want to get into his business so I just sigh.

 

“Well I got some advice you might want to remember. If all your family and friends are healthy and alive then there’s nothing to be upset about. If you are healthy and alive then what ever other stuff that bothers you is not a big deal just take your time to over come them.” I picked a rock and threw it watching it skip across the water. The boy turn to look at me. “You have a life to make it work out for you.” I patted his head and walked out the park.

 

I felt bit sad leaving him there but I had a feeling he was going to be alright. Besides whats wrong with me talking to a complete strange little kid in the park. I shook my head trying to push him of my mind when the boy in the music store came into my head. Now that I thought of it that the first time I have come to talk to a strange first than waiting for them to talk to me.

 

I reached my apartment and unlocked the door. I walked in turning on the lights. There was boxes and furniture just laying around waiting to be moved and fixed. The apartment was small but it was enough for me.

 

My name is Soojin Park and after losing my family in a fire I decided to transfer school and begin a different life. I wouldn't call it new because I wasn't expecting it to be much. But here I am, just planning how to get by for now.