Jongwoon

Forever Theirs(Given up)

Jongwoon POV

 

It was a normal day like all other days. School didn't start for about another week and I was laying on my bed thinking of nothing but at the same time of everything. I wouldn't call my life horrible or the best life either. But I was happy with who I was and how things were for me. I had a great family made of both parents a younger brother.

 

I don't have much friends but that doesn't effect me much either I’m more of a quiet reserved person than anything else. Who am I kidding, is not cause I'm reserved is because I'm bit shy and worry of showing my true self to others so instead I resulted to turning into the quiet one. My cell phone began to ring.

 

“Hello” I sigh hearing my boss voice on the other end. “But today is my day off..... fine. I'll be there in 30 minutes.” I got up a quickly changed my clothes I went downstairs grabbed a pen and paper and left a note for my mom before leaving the house.

 

When I got to the music store there was almost no body there. The manager was behind the counter and there was two people roaming the music section. I put my bagged down and went to the back to fix the new books we got shipped. As I began to fix the books I decided to sing.

 

I love singing I had hope one day to become a singer. But many people think my voice is too husky or is not good enough to become a real singer. This is something I really wanted to do but I had so much doubts on whether or not I could make it. But when I was alone and where no one could hear I sing my heart out, without a fear or care. I sing just to sing.

 

In the middle of singing I felt a presence behind me, I stopped singing and turn to find a girl around my age staring at me. I was a bit surprise but before I could think of what to do she spoke.

 

“You have a nice voice” She blurted out. I saw her slap her forehead. “Way to go dummy he catches you staring at him and you just blurted out like that.” I was surprise at her outburst but I couldn't help but chuckled.

 

“Do you usually talk to yourself?” I asked. I was feeling nervous so I turned around and continue fixing the books.

 

“Umm I don't think so. But sometimes I might think I'm thinking stuff and I might actually say it out loud. My friends told me I have that habit.” There was silence when she finished. I didn't know what to say. I began to feel a bit awkward. Rarely anyone spoke to me, better yet no one has told me I had a nice voice.

 

I heard her walking and I was hoping she was leaving but instead she got closer. I felt myself freeze and I began to look everywhere except at her. She was too close.

 

“Are you nervous?” She asked. I put my head down a bit. I heard her chuckled. “Is it because I'm next to you or is it because of what I said?” She asked.

 

“Not many think I have a nice voice” I murmured but I knew she heard me.

 

“Well forget what they say, I say you got a great voice.” I looked at her a bit surprise and that’s when I really noticed her. She was pretty not beautiful in a sense of a woman but I could tell she was going to be very beautiful in her future. At that moment her cell phone rang and she picked it up walking away. I took this opportunity and went to the employee back door.

 

What was I thinking talking to her, better yet what was I doing thinking of how pretty she was. But then again she complimented me, I shook my head. What an idiot the first person to say you have a nice voice and you walk out on them I went to walk back maybe I could catch her before she leaves. But she was already gone. I looked at the store and no sign of her. I slapped my forehead, way to go retard you didn't get her name now you won't see her again. I walked back to the pile of books waiting for me to packed them.

 

My name is Kim Jongwoon and I'm 16 years old and a high school student. I work in part time job in a music store and although I can't say life is extremely exciting and happy I am content with how it is. The only I look to overcome in my life is my doubt in myself and my voice and hopefully one day becoming a singer.