For The Time Being

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A blue sky color of small cherry crop cardigan with a white plain thigh skirt really matched Jihyo’s style. Not to forget, pairing herself with a white slimline ankle boots and crinkled black Lala shoulder bag make her looked so stunningly beautiful.

 

             “Is this too much?”, Jihyo asked herself while looking in the mirror.

 

             “I don’t think so.”, Jihyo said again as she kept turning from left to right to right to left in front of the mirror.

 

             Jihyo then took her Vidivici’s lipstick with metallic rose color and applied it on her lip. Not wearing makeup as usual and just putting on her lipstick is her way of going out these days. She knows she is beautiful and having a clear skin is a package to herself too.

 

             After done dressing and putting a little touch makeup on her face, Jihyo took her phone as she is aware that some texts were coming. It was Jongkook. 

 

Jongkook oppa: I’m here.

 

             Jihyo quickly took her bag and went out from her apartment. She entered Jongkook’s car as soon as she noticed him from distance. 

 

             “Oppa.”, Jihyo greeted Jongkook as she entered her car.

 

             “Ya, Song Jihyo. What took you so long?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Have you been waiting for me again? I thought your text just arrived.”, Jihyo asked with her mong expression while fastening her seatbelt. 

 

             “Bongiya.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Ya Kim Jongkook.”, Jihyo laughed in disbelief while looking at him.

 

             “Keurae. Where is it?”, Jongkook asked to Jihyo about her blind date’s place.

 

             “Yeonnamseo Café.”, Jihyo answered shortly.

 

             “Kaja.”, Jongkook said and quickly drove them to the café. Though he doesn’t like the idea of his best friend to go to the blind date, but it was her mother’s request. He can’t say no to Jihyo nor her mother.

 

             The ride took about 15 minutes from Jihyo’s apartment and Jongkook rapidly parked his car nearby the café. He looked at Jihyo who surprisingly looked calm and he is relieved about it. At least she is not throwing tantrum just like yesterday. She must have been so agreed with her mother’s request.

 

             “Ya, are you ready?”, Jongkook asked while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Musseun? There’s nothing to get ready of. I have deal with this for thousand times. This is nothing.”, Jihyo sighed.

 

             “You want me to come in or I will just wait here for you?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “What do you want?”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             “I think I should come in. I never see you going on a blind date.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Keurae?”, Jihyo asked while raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms.

 

             “Gwenchana? Can I?”, Jongkook asked as he made request to Jihyo.

 

             “Gwenchana. Hajiman, don’t ever look at me as if you knew me. What if I laugh? That guy would probably say I’m crazy then.”, Jihyo replied with a laugh.

 

             “Arasseo. I will just take a seat far from you. As long as I can see you.”, Jongkook nodded with a smile.

 

             “Eo. Just don’t look or laugh at me, oppa. I wanted it to be disaster but please don’t add it. I will just manage it by myself.”, Jihyo reminded Jongkook while pointing at him as if she is teaching him.

 

             “Arasseo. Keokjeong hajima. Kaja.”, Jongkook said as he assured Jihyo.

 

             “Jamkan. Oppa, look at my lip. Gwenchana? I just applied a lipstick on my face.”, Jihyo grabbed Jongkook’s arm while showing her lip.

 

             “Ya. Igae mwoya?”, Jongkook said as he helped to wipe Jihyo’s smear lipstick on her lip.

 

             “Wae?”, Jihyo asked in puzzle.

 

             “Are you really a stewardess? Who applied lipstick on the lip like that?”, Jongkook asked again and rapidly took a tissue to wipe Jihyo’s lip.

 

             “Mwoya? Jigeum gwenchana?”, Jihyo asked again while opening her big doe eyes.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook answered shortly and immediately went out from the car.

 

             “Ya. What are you thinking? I will be entering the café first. You wait for another minutes, eo? Na kanda.”, Jihyo said while stopping Jongkook. “Remember, don’t laugh.”, Jihyo reminded him again while pointing at him.

 

             Jihyo took her light steps and quickly entered the café while looking around. She nodded at one of the staffs and continued to look around again to find the man who her mother set her up with.

 

             “Yeogiyo.”, a looking fine man with a black suit suddenly raised his hand to Jihyo. A gesture that he is that guy.

 

             Jihyo nodded with a smile and approached him. He looked somehow so handsome and fine in front of her, making that woman slightly getting blushed. It’s not the first time for Jihyo getting blushed by a man’s look, but somehow, a man with good look pretended to be a good man. His looked overshadowing his attitude. That is the reason why it made Jihyo doesn’t believe with a man with a good look sometimes.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo, Ju Jihoon ibnida. Have a seat.”, the man, who named was Ju Jihoon greeted Jihyo with a smile while standing up. He even showed the seat in front of him to Jihyo. Well, have manners but we’ll see, Jihyo spoke to herself in her mind.

 

             “Ne. Song Jihyo ibnida.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile while taking her seat.

 

             “Emmm. Keuraeyo. What do you want to eat?”, Jihoon asked. “Oh, here’s the menu.”, Jihoon politely giving Jihyo the menu.

 

             “Ne, gomawoyo.”, Jihyo gladly received the menu from Jihoon. She looked at the menu carefully and decided to have a carrot cake for her meal.

 

             “I’ll have this carrot cake hanaman juseyo.”, Jihyo said to the waitress who is taking her menu.

 

             “Carrot cake? You won’t have your lunch? Steak?”, Jihoon asked in puzzle.

 

             “Aniyo. I’m not that hungry. Gwenchanayo.”, Jihyo said. Well, she never ordered a proper meal during her blind date because she knew that she won’t have any appetite to eat so ordering a dessert or a light snack is better for her. Plus, her blind date never goes smoothly and always end up less than 30 minutes. Ordering a proper meal would have gone wasted, she thought.

 

             “Keuraeyo. Keureom nadoyo. I will have the carrot cake too juseyo.”, Jihoon said to the waitress.

 

             “Ne.”, the waitress bowed to them after receiving the order.

 

              “Eo… Ne… keuraeyo. Can you talk about yourself now?”, Jihoon asked Jihyo politely as he felt nervous.

 

             “About me? There’s nothing special about me. I’m just a woman who work as a stewardess at Running Air... The first child in a family… 42 years old… keurigu… Yeppeo?”, Jihyo introduced herself with a simple introduction she can made on every blind date in confident.

 

             “Yeppeo? Wahhh, you are so confident. But you are sure yeppeo.”, Jihoon chuckled.

 

             “Aniyo. Keureom… How about you?”, Jihyo turned to ask. Though she doesn’t like to exchange greeting and introduction during blind date, but she always knew after all these greeting and introduction, she will probably started to act weird to get out from the situation.

 

             At the same time, Jongkook has entered the café while eyeing at Jihyo carefully. He took his seat nearby and immediately ordered a cheese cake to pretend he is his having his meal there. He looked at Jihyo carefully while sipping his coffee.

 

             “I think your mother has already told it to you, keutji? I’m the CEO of Ju Gulfstream. I’m the youngest child in a family…. And… I have the same age as yours.”, Jihoon smiled.

 

             “Eo, keuraeyo? I thought I’m older.”, Jihyo asked in shock.

 

             “Aniyo. Why would you think that?”, Jihoon chuckled while waving his hands to deny it.

 

             “Keunyang yo…”, Jihyo smiled too. She then noticed that Jongkook is sitting across her table. She looked at him carefully and unfortunately, they eye contacted and making Jihyo had to suppress her laughter. Jongkook quickly moved away his eyes because he is afraid that he can’t control his laugh too. He knew how playful and cheerful his best friend can be.

 

         “Gwenchanayo?”, Jihoon asked Jihyo as he aware that Jihyo started to form a smile. Totally smiling alone as she tried to control her laughter and smile.

 

             “Aaa ne, gwenchanayo. Keokjeong hajimayo. I tend to laugh and smile alone till people thought I am crazy.”, Jihyo said as she made an excuse. She can’t believe that her behavior can helped her at that time. Thanks to Jongkook.

 

             “Aaaa I thought you are really going crazy just now.”, Jihoon joked while letting out his small chuckle.

 

             “Aaaa ne… Eo… Aniyo…”, Jihyo said while suppressing her laughter again as she and Jongkook made an eye contact again. 

 

             “Jinja gwenchanayo?”, Jihoon asked again while tilting his head. Is the woman in front of him really crazy or weird? Or both? He thought.

 

          “Gwenchanayo. Mianhaeyo.”, Jihyo said as she pressed her lips together.

 

             “Aaaa ne…”, Jihoon said while nodding. His smile slowly disappeared.

 

             “Here’s your carrot cake.”, the waitress came to approach them as she served the carrot cakes to Jihoon and Jihyo.

 

     “Kamsahamnida.”, Jihoon nodded with a thank to the waitress.

 

     “Kamsahamnida.”, Jihyo thanked her too.

 

             “Enjoy your food.”, Jihoon said to Jihyo to have her carrot cake.

 

             “Ne… You too.”, Jihyo said with a smile. She stole a glance at Jongkook again. This time, Jongkook looked at her while making his duck face and sticking out his tongue. Making Jihyo burst into laughter that she totally forgot that Jihoon is in front of her.

 

             “Gwen… gwenchanayo…?”, Jihoon asked in shock. He immediately stopped eating his cake because he was shocked by Jihyo who suddenly laughed in front of him. She must be crazy.

 

             “Aniyo… Aniyo… it was so funny.”, Jihyo laughed while holding her belly. Acting like a real crazy person.

 

             “What is so funny?”, Jihoon asked in curious as his eyes still opened widely. Also his mouth.

 

             “Keunyang. Keu ahjussi is so funny.”, Jihyo carelessly pointed at Jongkook.

 

             “Ahjussi?”, Jihoon turned his head to look at the people behind him but he found there is no ahjussi without thinking that ahjussi that Jihyo’s meant was Jongkook, who sat exactly behind their table. But Jongkook, being a good actor as he is, he managed to focus on his cake while sipping his coffee as if he doesn’t know Jihyo.

 

             “There’s no ahjussi. Dorai aniya?”, Jihoon finally got upset and flustered by the woman in front of him. He thought, why would his mother set him up with a crazy woman?

 

             “There is. Keu ahjussi.”, Jihyo laughed while pointing at Jongkook again, making Jongkook opened his small eyes widely as a gesture for Jihyo to stop pointing at him.

 

             “Eobseo. There’s no ahjussi.”, Jihoon said in dissatisfaction. 

 

             “Isseoyo.”, Jihyo still laughing as her eyes started to get teary.

 

             “Dorai.”, Jihoon shook his head and quickly get up to leave Jihyo. Jihyo who aware by his action, can’t do anything. She doesn’t even care and keep on laughing like a crazy person.

 

             After Jihoon left, Jongkook kept looking outside the café to make sure that Jihoon has completely gone from the café. As he is sure that Jihoon has gone, he quickly approached Jihyo in a rush. 

 

             “Ya! What are you thinking?”, Jongkook asked in disbelief while hitting Jihyo’s hand gently.

 

             “Oppa, you are so funny. I can’t hold out anymore.”, Jihyo said while laughing.

 

             “Seonggong aniya?”, Jongkook asked to make sure while opening his small eyes widely.

 

             “Wanjeon seonggong, oppa.”, Jihyo gave him a thumb up.

 

           “Dahaengida.”, Jongkook smiled in relieved. “Hajiman, you can’t pointed me like that, paboya.”, Jongkook frowned.

 

             “Wae? Why would you made a funny face then? I told you don’t make me laugh.”, Jihyo shook her head while laughing as she wiped her teary eyes.

 

             “I… I… molla nado.”, Jongkook sighed. 

 

             “Gomawo, oppa. I didn’t even do anything except for laughing like a michin nom. You helped me this time.”, Jihyo suddenly thanking Jongkook with a smile as she is done laughing and wiping her teary eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter